~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

Glad your weekend went well! That's quite an undertaking - it's great you have the support of your DH and DD's. Every family needs someone like you to be there for the ones who need your help. It's a tough job but rewarding. In our family, I'm the "one" and my sisters are really of no help. So, I understand the position you're in. So wonderful you have your upcoming trips to look forward to and focus on. I've never seen SOG but the rooms look awesome!

I wish you luck with your family situation. I'm sure everything will work out. There is always an adjustment period with this type of thing and hopefully it goes smoothly. It's great that your girls and Josh are going to help. Good luck!

Glad to read your update on your brother. I had been wondering how your Dad's move would impact him and if you would still get to visit him. Also glad to know you are easing into the weekend visits. It is hard to do what is right for the whole family.

I heard they released 2018 military deals. Not sure if it helps tickets wise.

As far as FoP, the first time I rode I was on 3rd level, very end of row. Had no problem. 2nd time, we were on bottom row, 2nd to last seat. That, I had more of a problem with. Not sure why it would be different, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the Simpsons ride (2 times in a row), followed by HP. We did the almost lunch breakfast at Tusker House. It was great. It was funny but Everest we had long FP waits for. Then Dinosaur ride shut down after we had been in FP line for 30 minutes. We went to ride Everest and it was shut down. So we rode Safari with our FP from Dinosaur and went back to use our FP on Everest and that wait was over 20 minutes, but it was back up and running, so we were happy. If you go to eat and then Safari and Everest, instead of Pandora, you probably will have time to ride multiple times.

Hey there!
Glad your spending time with your brother your really trying to get your family together your amazing!!

and as far as this:
If you really want to know what our trip is going to look like - you can just go back and re-read all of my other PTRs.

Nothing like keeping the readers interested!
:rotfl2::rotfl: You are such a nut.

I love all your outfits and yes your flannel will go perfectly!!! your all adorable and i am so happy for you all to go back. It's been way too long!!! LOVE YOU!

I'm glad you got to spend time with your brother and that it all went well.
It's good to hear that you booked your room, too. It's been so long since I've gone in January that I'm not sure what the weather is normally like. The last time I went at that time, was extremely cold and I wore my winter coat the whole time.
Life has been interesting around here. I've managed to have some bad luck withe appliances. My dryer isn't drying clothes and the dishwasher needs a new plug. I'm waiting for my neighbor to come over to look at the dryer. I can wash dishes and replace the plug myself. It's a portiable dishwasher.
I'm still doing 5ks but there aren't as many this time of year.
Yesterday I went to a friend's 70th birthday party. It was so far out in Amish country that the cater got lost. He did show up after we asked the sheriff to be on the lookout for him and direct him in the right direction. It all worked out in the end. Although the kids couldn't understand why there was no wi fi or running water or what the Amish kids did for fun.
Enjoy the rest of your day
Liz

It's hard to beat Shades of Green. It is like staying deluxe for off site prices. And you know how to work the bus system, too. :)

I'm glad that your brother's visit went well. The holidays are coming up so that will give you some fun times together. :)

Sew AWESOME "Girls Trips" are the best. Don't worry about them getting older and not wanting to go. If they are this age and still want to go they will work with you to continue to make it happen. This is at least how it has been for me and Kate. Now we are waiting for my 1st grandbaby to arrive. Hoping to be there for her 1st birthday. She is due to arrive any day now.
Great job with family and keeping it all together.
Jane

I always comment to start and then fall terribly behind on your quickly growing reports, but I always enjoy following along with your trips and adventures!

We tacked on a surprise trip to the end of the year too when a friend needed to sell her DVC reservation, so I snatched it up and will be ringing in the new year Disney style and cramming another trip in with my AP. Someone needs to create a word to describe the combined excitement and fear of booking a short notice trip that just sort of falls in your lap, LOL!! It was a meant-to-be-Disney moment when that airfare popped up for you!!

Those of you going in January - what are you planning to wear?

Florida weather in January can be SUPER ridiculous (it was like 30 degree this year for Marathon Sunday), but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I spend every December and January in Orlando, and this year was the first time in four years that I needed cold weather gear. I can usually go in the pool or to a water park, and most times I wear a sundress with a jean jacket, or jeans and a t-shirt during the day and maybe just need a jacket at night.

Generally, weather should be in the 70s or so.

Glad to read your update on your brother. I was wondering about that quite honestly, and thought perhaps I missed something because I knew that I had seen photos of him with your dad on your previous updates. I didn't know what his living situation was though, thought maybe he lived with your dad or in the same place. I'm very glad to read that his stay went well and everybody had a good time. Sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place!

YAY for having SOG booked! There's where we will be in a few weeks and looking forward to introducing some of our friends to it while there.

Thanks - I hadn't mentioned my plans with Jonathan, just because I had to get everything settled with Dad before I could even tackle his piece in this... I knew there would be some sort of accomodation made, it was just a matter of getting the hardest part done (Dad's move and adjustment) and then I could concentrate on how to work Jonathan's visits. :lovestruc I think it will work out well, there isn't much more that Dad can handle - though his heart is willing, his body is not.

Yay!!!! I didn't realize you were going to be staying there until the other day when I saw your recent posts in the SoG thread. :lovestruc And it sounds like you will be there for an extended stay! :woohoo: I think you will really like it - I know you've been there for shorter stays, but it is a very nice resort. :) I really need to catch up on your PTR to see what your plans are for this trip! :lovestruc

Glad your weekend went well! That's quite an undertaking - it's great you have the support of your DH and DD's. Every family needs someone like you to be there for the ones who need your help. It's a tough job but rewarding. In our family, I'm the "one" and my sisters are really of no help. So, I understand the position you're in. So wonderful you have your upcoming trips to look forward to and focus on. I've never seen SOG but the rooms look awesome!

Quite honestly - Jonathan is pretty "easy" to care for... He is still pretty mobile - just unsteady when he walks... He is a very likable person and easy to have around. And I feel like a much better sister than I have been to him in these last several years - as I am able to be more involved. :lovestruc I think this will be wonderful for everyone. It is hard to be "the one" isn't it... SO much responsibility that weighs heavily on our decisions. Sending you hugs!!!

You know... This is truly what we needed... I didn't realize it, until I started planning again... This has just been an emotionally tough year with everything surrounding dad - and other stuff too... To have this trip to look forward to again, well - it's really good. And we are very excited to be staying at SoG again - it's the best of both worlds, IMO. :lovestruc

I wish you luck with your family situation. I'm sure everything will work out. There is always an adjustment period with this type of thing and hopefully it goes smoothly. It's great that your girls and Josh are going to help. Good luck!

Thank you - we are all adjusting pretty well, I think. Dad seems to be doing better... And the girls and Josh - well, they don't have an option - and they are happy to help out where needed... They all know that my Dad and brother can't do it without our help... It's a good lesson for my girls. I think often - what I do now will impact my care one day too. :lovestruc

Glad to read your update on your brother. I had been wondering how your Dad's move would impact him and if you would still get to visit him. Also glad to know you are easing into the weekend visits. It is hard to do what is right for the whole family.

I heard they released 2018 military deals. Not sure if it helps tickets wise.

As far as FoP, the first time I rode I was on 3rd level, very end of row. Had no problem. 2nd time, we were on bottom row, 2nd to last seat. That, I had more of a problem with. Not sure why it would be different, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the Simpsons ride (2 times in a row), followed by HP. We did the almost lunch breakfast at Tusker House. It was great. It was funny but Everest we had long FP waits for. Then Dinosaur ride shut down after we had been in FP line for 30 minutes. We went to ride Everest and it was shut down. So we rode Safari with our FP from Dinosaur and went back to use our FP on Everest and that wait was over 20 minutes, but it was back up and running, so we were happy. If you go to eat and then Safari and Everest, instead of Pandora, you probably will have time to ride multiple times.

Yup - I just had to get dad moved and settled too... I was following a "sort-of" timeline in my head... I knew that my first priorty was to get dad's move done... Then I also wanted him to have an adjustment period... And that gave me time to decompress and relax a little bit after the move - as I feel like I had been a bundle of nerves for months... The whole time, I was working out options with Jonathan's foster-mom... In the end, I feel like it's gone as smoothly as it could have for everyone involved. ::yes::

I saw that... The Disney resort discounts aren't that great - I think we are better off staying at SoG... We enjoy it there so much - all of us do... Even Victoria - I honestly think she may like it more than FQ? :eek: Maybe... LOL But the military rates for everything else helps our trip budget a lot... from tickets to the MM discount - all of those are going to be really nice.

I think we are going to try to do our morning at AK like we have always done in the past - and hopefully get FoP FPs for later in the day... If we are lucky enough to snag some? If not - we will still have a wonderful time, AK is a great park!

Hey there!
Glad your spending time with your brother your really trying to get your family together your amazing!!

and as far as this:

Nothing like keeping the readers interested!
You are such a nut.

I love all your outfits and yes your flannel will go perfectly!!! your all adorable and i am so happy for you all to go back. It's been way too long!!! LOVE YOU!

Thanks! It's been tough, but not nearly as tough is it would be if I didn't do the right thing... Ya know? I know - in my heart that I am doing the best I can for both of them, and that's really all I can do. :lovestruc

Hahahaha... They are just here for the life drama and outfits anyways. :lmao: And those are always exciting. ::yes::

Thank you - are hearts are just brimming, I knew I'd get another girls trip with you guys one day - it's easy for me to tag along on those... but I never imagined I would get another girls trip with my girls... :lovestruc My heart is full.

I'm glad you got to spend time with your brother and that it all went well.
It's good to hear that you booked your room, too. It's been so long since I've gone in January that I'm not sure what the weather is normally like. The last time I went at that time, was extremely cold and I wore my winter coat the whole time.
Life has been interesting around here. I've managed to have some bad luck withe appliances. My dryer isn't drying clothes and the dishwasher needs a new plug. I'm waiting for my neighbor to come over to look at the dryer. I can wash dishes and replace the plug myself. It's a portiable dishwasher.
I'm still doing 5ks but there aren't as many this time of year.
Yesterday I went to a friend's 70th birthday party. It was so far out in Amish country that the cater got lost. He did show up after we asked the sheriff to be on the lookout for him and direct him in the right direction. It all worked out in the end. Although the kids couldn't understand why there was no wi fi or running water or what the Amish kids did for fun.
Enjoy the rest of your day
Liz

Yes - it went really well. It was really nice having him here - a bit of a learning curve for me, but overall, it went well. ::yes::

I am so excited that we have our rooms booked! :woohoo: It's a relief to have that part out of the way.

I think my only option is to plan my outfits in layers, and then to have several options available to me... It's going to make for a heavy suitcase! ::yes:: I've already decided that my bubblegum jewelry is staying behind on this trip... I"ll still do my headbands and bags, but I need to lighten my load somehow and these are pretty heavy. I may still bring one or two sets - but not all of them. :scratchin

Oh no about the appliances!!! I hate it when things like that happen!!! I sure hope you are able to get those fixed soon! :hug:

Sounds like a great day at the birthday party!!! :lovestruc

Glad the weekend went great.

It did! Considering I am a rookie - it went great! LOL

It's hard to beat Shades of Green. It is like staying deluxe for off site prices. And you know how to work the bus system, too.

I'm glad that your brother's visit went well. The holidays are coming up so that will give you some fun times together.

I know - right??? It's a great resort - and I just love that it's all indoors too... And that the buses drop you right off at the doors - it's literally not even painless to walk to your room after a long day in the parks. ::yes::

It did go very well - and I am sure it will go even better next time... I am trainable. :lmao: I am looking SOOOO forward to having all of my family together for the holidays - in my own home - it's been way too long! :lovestruc It's going to probably be the best part about having Dad so close!

Sew AWESOME "Girls Trips" are the best. Don't worry about them getting older and not wanting to go. If they are this age and still want to go they will work with you to continue to make it happen. This is at least how it has been for me and Kate. Now we are waiting for my 1st grandbaby to arrive. Hoping to be there for her 1st birthday. She is due to arrive any day now.
Great job with family and keeping it all together.
Jane

Hi Jane!!!! It's been a while! I hope you are doing well??? :)

I sure hope so - they just have so many life changes coming their way... I feel like this is going to be the last trip with just the 3 of us for a long time... Then there will be different dynamics... Husbands... Kids... Great stuff, but craziness too. :lovestruc

Congratulations Jane!!! You will have so much fun!!!!

Thank you - it's been stressful, but good. :lovestruc

I always comment to start and then fall terribly behind on your quickly growing reports, but I always enjoy following along with your trips and adventures!

We tacked on a surprise trip to the end of the year too when a friend needed to sell her DVC reservation, so I snatched it up and will be ringing in the new year Disney style and cramming another trip in with my AP. Someone needs to create a word to describe the combined excitement and fear of booking a short notice trip that just sort of falls in your lap, LOL!! It was a meant-to-be-Disney moment when that airfare popped up for you!!

Welcome back!!!! It's great to have you here!

Ooooh - that is exciting!! So, where are you staying? I'd love to hear a little about your trip - unless - do you have a PTR going? I am terrible at following along in other's too... Sometimes I can barely keep up here. LOL How awesome though that you get more uses out of your AP!!! :woohoo: And yes - these "short notice" trips... I dunno - they are kinda fun too. :scratchin Less waiting. LOL I do think it was meant to be... It has to be. :lovestruc

Florida weather in January can be SUPER ridiculous (it was like 30 degree this year for Marathon Sunday), but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I spend every December and January in Orlando, and this year was the first time in four years that I needed cold weather gear. I can usually go in the pool or to a water park, and most times I wear a sundress with a jean jacket, or jeans and a t-shirt during the day and maybe just need a jacket at night.

Generally, weather should be in the 70s or so.

I know - when we were there in 2016, the weather upon arrival was fantastic... and each day got progressively worse. LOL I am trying to narrow down my clothing plan a little bit, and I am thinking I'll bring 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of capris and 2 pairs of shorts - all denim, and just wash clothes as necessary... That way I am covered. Then each of my top layers will have the option of being worn alone or layered, depending on the weather. :scratchin Then I will bring my fall coat and maybe my jean jacket again?? And pray for the best. LOL I sure hope it's that nice while we are there. ::yes::

Welcome, BTW! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************

I don't have much for updates today...

I want to get started on our daily plans... I figure that might be fun??? LOL I'll try to start posting them tomorrow. ::yes::

Yesterday, I worked at Target all day... Lately - my team has been working really early hours, and I never changed my availability to work with them, so now when I get there - they are leaving and I have to work the majority of the day by myself... I am sort-of a social person, so this makes my days at Target very long and boring... Which doesn't help the fact that I don't particularly enjoy working there in the first place. :lmao:

After, I went with Allison to get the oil changed in her car...

Then I came home and made dinner - Chicken strips and curly fries for the family that was here, and a salad for me. It was delicious!

I went to bed early - I honestly don't even remember laying down and I don't remember a thing until 5am this morning. So, that always makes for a better day ahead.

Today... I have no plans. I haven't seen Dad since Sunday - so I might go have lunch with him? I'll see how my work morning goes upstairs. :scratchin

Otherwise I will be working all day... I am coming into the final stretch of a big project I've been working on - so I'd like to get as much of that done this week as I can. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Departure Day Plans

All of us have requested this day off of work...

And since I have never, ever had a flight leave so late in the day - I am honestly not sure what to do with myself here? :lmao:

I'll likely be packed by next week - so I shouldn't have any packing to do. LOL

I'll probably get up and do my normal daily routine... Coffee/FB/Dis/Work out...

The girls and I have decided to save our nail date for this morning... So we will likely get ready and head into town... Treat ourselves to some Starbucks, then have our nails done... I haven't decided if I am doing my red dots or my black dots for this trip... I love doing both! :scratchin I am a creature of habit, and both of these colors coordinate well with all of my outfits... Opinions????

20160116_035519.jpg

20161014_170857.jpg

After we get our nails done - I am pretty sure we will go out for lunch too...

And then we will go see Dad... This will be our last visit with him for a while - so we need to make sure he is all set for while we are gone.. I am sure Josh will stop by a few times - but he tends to see my dad a lot less than I do. ::yes::

After - we will head home, by this time, it should be close to 2pm, and we need to be at the airport by 4... So, if there is any last minute packing to be done, this is when we will need to do it.

I think Josh is taking us to the airport - at least, that's my plan for him. :lmao:

Our flight leaves at 6:30pm... and doesn't arrive in Orlando until after 10:30pm... It's going to be a LONG day for us! I am not expecting to be in our room anytime before midnight. :eek:

Which makes me a little nervous about our room requests... I may call SoG earlier in the day to see what room we were assigned and change it if necessary... I may have better luck earlier in the day than in the middle of the night? Thoughts????

And also, just to let them know that our arrival will be very late.

Super excited for this day!!! :woohoo: It's DISNEY DAY!!!!!!! :woohoo:

D~

Last edited:
Thanks - I hadn't mentioned my plans with Jonathan, just because I had to get everything settled with Dad before I could even tackle his piece in this... I knew there would be some sort of accomodation made, it was just a matter of getting the hardest part done (Dad's move and adjustment) and then I could concentrate on how to work Jonathan's visits. :lovestruc I think it will work out well, there isn't much more that Dad can handle - though his heart is willing, his body is not.

Yay!!!! I didn't realize you were going to be staying there until the other day when I saw your recent posts in the SoG thread. :lovestruc And it sounds like you will be there for an extended stay! :woohoo: I think you will really like it - I know you've been there for shorter stays, but it is a very nice resort. :) I really need to catch up on your PTR to see what your plans are for this trip! :lovestruc

Makes perfect sense...and glad it is working out so well!

Yes because we were also looking to do this trip pretty cheaply, Shades just seemed like the best idea. I think the longest we've stayed there was maybe a few nights? Honestly can't remember, but it's not like we ever spend a lot of time in the room anyway. We have NEVER been in any of the pools there for sure.

I've got my October plans in there somewhere in my PTR...along with all of my other PTRs and TRs that I've done for 2017 so far! I should index them all somewhere...but haven't done that.

And since I have never, ever had a flight leave so late in the day - I am honestly not sure what to do with myself here?
I would find it hard to take a late flight unless I had plenty of things to do. Your manicure and visit with your dad sound like a good way to kill time. ;)

Which makes me a little nervous about our room requests... I may call SoG earlier in the day to see what room we were assigned and change it if necessary... I may have better luck earlier in the day than in the middle of the night? Thoughts?
My sister and our daughter have both taken flights that landed late. The biggest problem for our daughter was that they were hungry and nothing was open that late at the resort. My sister got "upgraded" to a pirate room at CBR which was not at all what they wanted. It never hurts to call the resort to make sure they know you are arriving late and check on your room assignment.

Thanks! It's been tough, but not nearly as tough is it would be if I didn't do the right thing... Ya know? I know - in my heart that I am doing the best I can for both of them, and that's really all I can do. :lovestruc

Your doing the right thing and your showing your girls how important family is.
always a great job. Love you to bits.

Hahahaha... They are just here for the life drama and outfits anyways. :lmao: And those are always exciting. ::yes::

Omg...
HTTPS9tZWRpYS50ZW5vci5jby9pbWFnZXMvMTIxYzFhZTQwMThlYzgwZTNiOTQ3YzE0ZjBlYmE5MTUvdGVub3IuZ2lm.gif

Weirdo..

Thank you - are hearts are just brimming, I knew I'd get another girls trip with you guys one day - it's easy for me to tag along on those... but I never imagined I would get another girls trip with my girls... :lovestruc My heart is full.

I am over the moon excited for you and the girls!!! It's been way toooooo long SO SO HAPPY!!
Yes your always welcomed to tag along! we need a redo of Minn. I want to see more of it.

I haven't decided if I am doing my red dots or my black dots for this trip... I love doing both!

I love the black for Halloween-ish time and red for everything else
only my little opinion!

I may call SoG earlier in the day to see what room we were assigned and change it if necessary... I may have better luck earlier in the day than in the middle of the night? Thoughts????

i would totally call early!
Unless you move over to FQ LOL

I vote red dots! It won't hurt to call and check on your room assignments.

I hope you do... They just released a room only offer at SoG... So that may sway you? :scratchin
LoL. Guess I'm a day late, but I worked almost 11 hours yesterday so I'm using that as my excuse! I think I'm going to reserve rooms "just in case"!

Dad enjoyed seeing him and spending time with him - so overall, it's good
Great that they could be together again!

Budgeting... Dining... Dreaming..
Let the fun begin!

Thank you! We are so excited! We just never thought we would get to go any time soon. And we have NEVER planned a full trip this close to the actual trip date, so that's exciting too... We are typically planning a year in advance. ::yes:: So, when I booked airfare - the first thought I had was that everyone has already done their ADRs. :lmao:

We are so excited! We cannot wait to spend this time together, and plan. :lovestruc

Thank you!!! We are beyond excited! As most of you know - though I love going other places... For the 3 of us, our hearts are in WDW... We cannot wait to be there together, just like so many other times, and just enjoy.

So excited for you and DH - what an awesome birthday surprise! And that DH got it, even better! Enjoy that final anticipation - it's the BEST time! And I hope you are able to complete your costume. ::yes::

Thank you! :lovestruc

Welcome!!! I can't wait to share out plans with all of you! Thank you so much! :lovestruc

Love you!!! Thanks for stopping by! :lovestruc

Welcome back!!! It's great to see you following along with another of my PTRs. :lovestruc I am interested in the SAME thing! :lmao:

Yikes... I am seriously nervous about Pandora and I think we will be lucky to even ride it this trip - sadly. We kind of have a strict "routine" when we go to AK... Early PPO ADR at TH... Then ride KS at park opening... Then go to EE with FPs and ride a bazillion times... I am not sure we will want to deviate from that in order to ride FoP??? Considering I get sick from VR rides... :scratchin I guess, the bonus to this, is that no one will be on KS or EE. ::yes:: So, we should have the park to ourselves. :woohoo:

We love Tusker House... Just the atmosphere and the "start to our day"... Since AK is one of our favorite parks - it just wouldn't be right to not start off at TH. ::yes:: I am glad you enjoyed eating there. :lovestruc

It's SOOOO nice that the girls can pay their own way! It sure has made planning for this trip easier. And by the time we actually go, I think the girls will have a renewed appreciation of all the years where Josh and I worked so hard to make our other trips happen. They are VERY lucky kids. ::yes:: I agree - our Disney trips never added to our debt either... but we carried other debt - so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part? :scratchin

LOL - yah - I am thinking we will be OK without the water parks in Jan. ::yes::

It's great to see you here Shannon! :lovestruc

Welcome!!! It's great to have a few fellow January-ers following along! :woohoo: Hopefully it's a warmer year this year? LOL

Yay!!!! I am so excited about this! It's about time! We've been FB friends for years, yet we have never met! :lovestruc

Yay!!! Welcome! I am so excited to have you here! Thanks for following along! :lovestruc

Thanks! We are beyond excited... And quite honestly - January is a nice time to leave MN... No matter how cold it is in FL - it's almost guaranteed that it's colder in MN. ::yes::

Believe me, the thought of and AP has sure crosssed my mind... That was the best purchase I had ever made - I just don't know that I can justify it for this trip... I am not sure when my next trip will be after this? I kind of have soft dates in the back of my head, but I am not sure it can be done within the 1 year window??? So, it's likely I will just do a regular pass. ::yes:: Those AP discounts are sure tempting though. ::yes::

Eeeep!!! I can't wait to hear your exciting news too! :lovestruc

Welcome!!! Super excited to have you here and following along! Thanks... I am almost to the point where I think I need to "retire" my Donald bag... He has been with me for several trips now... We'll see... He's kind of an "old pal" too... :lovestruc Which means I'd need to make another one for my trip, if I did that... :lmao:

Thank you!!! Sooo excited ourselves! I know that you KNOW just how much this means to me... Thank you, my friend, for following along. :lovestruc

Hahahah!!!! So, did you book????? Right???? Those airfares are NUTSO right now!!!! Seriously! I hope you come!!!! I would love to meet up with you!!!! :lovestruc

I know!!! I was seriously shaking when I was typing in our info!!! This prices were insane!!! We paid as much for 3 tickets as we normally pay for ONE!!! :eek:

Hahaha!!! OK, so other people do it backwards too? The thing is, I always feel like the trip is "real" once I have the airfare purchased... So, now I know we are going... Ahhh but where are we going to sleep? LOL

Hahahah!!! You should see my outfit planning right now... Jackets, scarves, mittens... I bet I will get there and it will be 90°, and I'll be dying! :lmao: I hope I have enough room to throw in a few pairs of shorts. :scratchin

No, I haven't... I have a good friend who is a TA, and she has always been so good to us... So, I tried her the other day - but the rates were TERRIBLE... SoG is half the price of a Disney resort and that's when they are full price. ::yes:: We could do a value - but quite honestly, trying to squish into FQ a few years ago was tough - I don't think, now that the girls are adults, trying to squish into a value is even an option for us? :scratchin

Yes - I saw that... Sadly, nothing appealed to me... With the exception to the discount on Memory Maker - we will be doing that! :woohoo:

Welcome back!!! Thanks for following along. :lovestruc

Congrats on running the Dopey challenge - that is AWESOME!!!! :lovestruc

I saw that! It's super helpful to our trip to have the military discounts! :woohoo: I am so thankful that they continue to do them, year after year. :lovestruc

Welcome back Liz!!! It's great to see you! :lovestruc

HI Tess! I was there for that January trip... Let me know if you are able to make January work... I'd love to meet up again - although I totally understand... At least you will get good use out of your AP! ::yes::

Welcome! I did! Thank you! :lovestruc Sounds like you have some awesome trips coming up this year! ::yes:: Congrats! :woohoo:

Wahoo!!! Sounds like many people were able to grab some fantastic airfare prices! :woohoo: And how awesome that you were able to have coordinating spring breaks with your girls! :lovestruc That is fantastic! Very interesting logistics though - I agree - and long flights for them! It will be wonderful to have them with you though! :lovestruc

Thank you - we are very excited! :woohoo:

**********************************************************************************************************

Soooo...

The girls and I pretty much have this trip planned... Except for where we are staying. :scratchin

Outfit planning/rambling (a big part of my trip planning...) ::yes::

I took the opportunity yesterday morning to dig out all of my Disney bags and accessories... I went through them and tried to decide what I want to bring with on this trip... What I want to make... And what I need to purchase. Trying hard to keep all purchases to a minimum. ::yes:: I am very fortunate that I can make things. :woohoo:

So, according to my list, I will be bringing with my Red Mickey/Pluto UPB, my Donald bag, Goofy UPB, and Steam Boat Willie UPB... I also have plans to make myself 1 new bag. :scratchin (and V has plans for me to make her one new UPB as well...) ::yes:: Allison wants nothing - which shouldn't surprise you all. :lmao:

I am trying hard to make my outfits layered, just on the optimistic side that it *could* be warm while we are there.... So, lots of layering. ::yes::

I was thinking of doing a tee shirt + flannel shirt + vest combo... And a long sleeved tee shirt/jacket combo. That way - if it gets hot during the day, I can shed my jacket/vest and even my flannel shirt if necessary. I won't be wearing things like this every day - but I do have a few outfits like this planned. Definitely layers though. ::yes:: And if it happens to get really cold - I could always layer a vest over my jacket? Or do I bring my light down jacket just in case??? Help!!!

I will also be bringing my flip flops, though I don't think I will wear those into the parks... I found I was warmer, the last time we went in January, when I had shoes on my feet, so I will have my flip flops for at the resort and Vans for in the parks... I have 3 different pairs I am planning to bring.

Those of you going in January - what are you planning to wear?

So, for purchasing this trip... I would like to find a red/black flannel shirt to go with my Mickey/Pluto stuff. I also need to find 2 different long sleeved teal colored shirts - preferably long sleeved tee shirts. Those will likely be the hardest to find, as the color I need is more of a "spring" hue and not fall. :scratchin

Eeeep!!! I am just so excited! I love planning my Disney outfits! :lovestruc

OK - that's all for today! I gotta run! I hope you all have a fantastic day! Thanks for following along. :lovestruc

Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :hug:

D~
I'm s
I sure hope you get to do another one, one day... We have had so much fun over the years - as you know. :lovestruc

We must have had freak cold weather when we were there in 2016? It was so cold, I was bundled up in multiple layers and jackets over jackets. LOL Now I am terrified that we will freeze. :scratchin

Congrats on getting the windows paid off... And for a plan to finish the rest next year... I've never regretted replacing our windows - it's helped so much!

I agree on the AP - I sure miss mine... One day, I am sure I will have one again. I am just happy I get to go back for one last girls trip. :woohoo:

Yes - it helps a lot that the girls can pay their own way... Just the other day, they were talking about how expensive the trips are, and I think they had their "a-hah" moment, because one of them said (can't remember which one)... "and Mom has been paying for all of our trips for all of these years..." Yup... LOL ::yes:: It really makes it so much easier that I only have to pay for myself.

Thank you - congrats on your loss and added movement -it sure feels great doesn't it? I feel like I am making truly great progress in that aspect of my life... And now I have a Disney trip for added motivation - so that should keep me honest through the holidays. LOL

Welcome! And thank you! :lovestruc I hope you'll continue to follow along and comment - I love getting to know new friends here on The Dis.

Oooh - exciting!!! I love Disney in Oct/Nov - I don't think that weather could be any more perfect, it's so nice!!! I love outfit planning - almost as much as the trips themselves. LOL

I dunno - when we were there... I mean, we LIVE in MN - we are "hearty" and deal with sub-zero temps and death inducing wind chills for 4 months of the year - there is NO reason why we shouldn't have been able to handle "Florida winter"... :lmao: But we were babies... and it sucked. LOL I guess, in MN - we expect it? And in Florida, you don't? :scratchin Who knows... I just know I don't want to freeze again - so I am taking no extra chances. LOL

I sure hope it's warm enough to wear tees... I am going to have to bring my biggest suitcase, I think and just pack a lot of layers - and I can adjust accordingly... :scratchin I plan to bring a whole gammit of jeans/capris/leggings/shorts... Tanks/tees/flannels/vests/jackets... ::yes:: :lmao: Hopefully I'll be covered (literally...) LOL

I remember the days of dressing my girls... Ahhh, I miss those days so much!!! Once they got an opinion of their own - then I was done and had to dress myself. LOL I can tell you now, it's not nearly as fun. One day you'll get to spend some time planning your own outfits and then you'll be as addicted to it as I am. ::yes::

We will make it work!!! The girls are so used to my Dismeets and they actually enjoy meeting every one... So we will find time. We need to compare plans and see which dates work out best for us. ::yes::

I do have a couple of legging/tunic outfits planned... For the most part, I think they should be fine? I just think that the weeks we were there in 2016 were freekishly cold... Feel free to go re-read my old Jan 2016 TR, if you want to hear all about my cold-weather complaining. :lmao:

Thanks!!! So excited to plan! :lovestruc

Thank you Carol - I knew you would be so excited... As I know, you know, exactly how much this trip means to me. And a total shocker right? LOL I never once imagined that we would be going back so soon... I thought for sure it would be another year!

Oh my gosh Carol!!! That is insane!!! I know, every Universal trip I have planned - I cringe at the amount I pay for ONE day there... It's like $500 for ONE day... It's ridiculous! And on top of that, the only part we TRULY enjoy is the HP areas, the rest is meh... So, the $500 price tag for one day and literally 4 rides - it is the true definition of insanity. I know I complain that Disney is expensive - and it truly is... but at least, the longer you stay, the "less" you pay... It doesn't seem like it's that way with Universal??? It seems like it's just as expensive by day as it is by multiple days?

Regardless - I KNOW how much this trip means to you and I know how much you will enjoy having your whole family there! :lovestruc And how wonderful that you were able to gift Tyler and Aerice (did I spell her name right?) tickets to MK - that will certainly mean a lot to them. You are such a great mom! :lovestruc

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts on Dad... He is adjusting, and even though he is still annoyed with his apartment size, I think he is sort-of adjusting to it. I honestly don't understand why he feels he *needs* a bigger apartment... He uses all the space he currently has, but in his old apartment - he never used all of the space... :scratchin Who knows? At this point - I just let him complain, when he feels the need to, and try to redirect as best as I can... As a whole, he enjoys every other aspect of the building - the people - the food - the activities, so I feel like it's a great fit for him, and I am consistently happy with our decision. :lovestruc

Enjoy your trip, my friend... Safe travels!!! Please connect with me when you get home, I want to hear all about it!!! :hug:

Thank you - we are SO excited!!! :woohoo: I cannot even express into words how excited all 3 of us are... We really never thought we would be going back together. Thanks for following along, I cannot wait to share more details! :lovestruc

What a relief!! This is good news, for the moment anyways... I sure hope she backs off and goes on with life. How terrible for all of you - you have been on my mind often with this situation, and I am glad the outcome is good for the moment. :hug:

Thank you... My determination is even more focused now that we have a trip on the horizon! A January trip should keep me right on track through the holidays. ::yes::

Please let me know if you do!! And with the AP - you definitely want to get your use out of it. ::yes:: Hahahaha... I am no help. ;)

***********************************************************************************************************

Hmmmm... What do I have to update? :scratchin

Well, I booked our room this morning - so that's exciting. :woohoo: We are staying at SoG for now, and if anything better comes along, we will address it then. We are super excited to be staying at SoG again - especially with all 3 of us there, the largest rooms on property will be a God-send!

20160116_152150_HDR.jpg

20160116_155710_HDR.jpg

20160116_155652.jpg

20160116_155638.jpg

20160116_155644.jpg

So, if you are keeping track... We now have Airfare - so we are *definitely* going to Florida. ::yes:: We now have a resort booked and the deposit paid... So we *definitely* have a bed to sleep in. ::yes:: Next on our list is park tickets... :scratchin We have a bit of time before we need those in hand to make FPs... So there won't be much trip planning going on here for a while... However - I will work on sharing the dining reservations we are planning.

To be honest... If you really want to know what our trip is going to look like - you can just go back and re-read all of my other PTRs. LOL We just seem to do the same trips and same dining over and over again... We are creatures of habit and we know what we like. ::yes:: Likely, the only variable this trip is what we plan to do on our days off... We haven't even talked about that yet. ::yes:: And we will have 2 non-park days this trip, which is always nice. :lovestruc

*************************************************************************************************************

In real life... It's been a crazy few days here...

So, a little background - some of you may know this, or heard me talk about it over the years - and to some of you this may be new... I'll try to keep it short.

I have one brother, who is 2 years younger than I am... He was born handicapped and has always lived in a foster home... It's pretty common knowledge here that I grew up living with relatives and in foster-homes myself, due to my parent's health. Well, for the same reasons, they (obviously) couldn't take care of my brother either. So, in all of my life, I have never actually lived with my brother. My brother and I always visited my parents on the same weekends while we were growing up... "every-other-weekend" was our schedule... Anyways - once I moved out on my own, I occasionally took Jonathan for a weekend too... And then I had the girls and life was crazy - so while I lived close to my dad and saw Jonathan often, I had to step back from having him stay with me... Finally - when we moved so far away, we became even more disconnected from Jonathan and from my dad (as you all know, I think?)...

Anyways... All these years of Dad living so far away, and when initially moving him in to his first assisted living apartment... My odd and trying family dynamics played a HUGE part in my decision making process, and it's something that I truly struggle with - always trying to do the right thing for everyone involved is just a huge stressful burden on me. As Dad's health began to fail more and more, and his ability to even be left alone with Jonathan became a huge concern (as they both have balance issues)... Jonathan's visits became less and less - to almost non-existent this last spring... It became apparent that we needed to make changes. We were all unhappy with the situation - and Jonathan's foster-parents (who he has lived with for 32 years, so they are like family to us) needed a break too...

After Dad's big hospital stay this last spring - as you all walked this journey with me - I decided to move him closer to me... I couldn't do the long trips anymore, and I definitely couldn't do the long extended hospital stays with him, while my own family fended for themselves... I was feeling stretched too thin. So, we began the hunt to find a place for Dad near us... It would move him from everything he knew - though, I do live very near to where Dad grew up - so it's not as if this place is totally foreign to him - he just hasn't lived here in 40 years. ::yes::

So, with all of this moving... I was still left with what to do about Jonathan's situation. I also have to do right by him (obviously)... He can't stay with Dad at all, and for both of their safety, they can't be left alone together... In the end, I've chosen to start taking Jonathan for weekends again... It's been 20 years since I have had him... So, it will be an adjustment. But it's really the only solution available to us. I am meeting him and his foster-mom in a town that is half-way for both of us, and then bringing him home with me. Allison will pick grandpa up after she gets off of work and bring him to our house... He will stay for dinner and as long after as he can stand us (LOL)... And then we will bring him home. Tomorrow, I will bring Jonathan to Grandpa's again to visit for a few hours before I bring him back home. We are going to try this out for the rest of the year to see how it goes, and if we need to modify anything... I don't foresee any issues - other than, it will be a bit stressful to me to have both of them in my house and tending to their medical needs at the same time. But it was my decision to separate them, so I need to do something for both of them, as they are very attached to each other. :lovestruc

I sometimes laugh at myself in recent weeks... I look at my family situation as an oncoming train... Through the years - I am sure that EVERYONE saw this coming, except for me. I was likely the only one blindsided by the decisions and the responsibilities I am ultimately responsible for... It's sorta comical in a way. How naive I was that I assumed that Dad would always be there to take care of Jonathan, making decisions for his care and well being, and the same for Dad and his own care... It just never even occurred to me, that eventually the responsibility of both of them would fall to me... There is no emoticon for this... It is what it is, and in the end - I have to do right by them, regardless of anything else. So, here I am. :lovestruc

So, this is the last piece of the puzzle falling into place for Dad's move... It will be good - I know it. It's been 6 weeks since Dad's move and I do think this is the longest (by far) he has ever gone without seeing Jonathan, I know they miss each other very much. Wish me luck as we all embark on this new adventure - after all, it's not something I can do alone... Josh and the girls have a huge part in this too - every one of us is taking on a little something extra to make this happen. I am so thankful to each of them. :lovestruc

Anyways... I hope you all have a nice weekend. Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~
Departure Day Plans

All of us have requested this day off of work...

And since I have never, ever had a flight leave so late in the day - I am honestly not sure what to do with myself here? :lmao:

I'll likely be packed by next week - so I shouldn't have any packing to do. LOL

I'll probably get up and do my normal daily routine... Coffee/FB/Dis/Work out...

The girls and I have decided to save our nail date for this morning... So we will likely get ready and head into town... Treat ourselves to some Starbucks, then have our nails done... I haven't decided if I am doing my red dots or my black dots for this trip... I love doing both! :scratchin I am a creature of habit, and both of these colors coordinate well with all of my outfits... Opinions????

20160116_035519.jpg

20161014_170857.jpg

After we get our nails done - I am pretty sure we will go out for lunch too...

And then we will go see Dad... This will be our last visit with him for a while - so we need to make sure he is all set for while we are gone.. I am sure Josh will stop by a few times - but he tends to see my dad a lot less than I do. ::yes::

After - we will head home, by this time, it should be close to 2pm, and we need to be at the airport by 4... So, if there is any last minute packing to be done, this is when we will need to do it.

I think Josh is taking us to the airport - at least, that's my plan for him. :lmao:

Our flight leaves at 6:30pm... and doesn't arrive in Orlando until after 10:30pm... It's going to be a LONG day for us! I am not expecting to be in our room anytime before midnight. :eek:

Which makes me a little nervous about our room requests... I may call SoG earlier in the day to see what room we were assigned and change it if necessary... I may have better luck earlier in the day than in the middle of the night? Thoughts????

And also, just to let them know that our arrival will be very late.

Super excited for this day!!! :woohoo: It's DISNEY DAY!!!!!!! :woohoo:

D~

I am so excited for you and your daughter's. Planning a DW trip is the best... and I love that you are already planning your outfits. I'm arriving on 10/18 for 6 days with half my family and I may or may not have gone overboard with my character tees. We have gone on other trips as a family, but DW keeps calling me back. Happy planning and I can't wait to see your outfits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter