~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

Sounds like you and Allison had a good day even if your salads wasn't good. Poor V being sick.

How great that V felt better the next day.

That lady at the breakfast wasn't nice. How great that the stranger came up to her later and showed her what he thought.

Last edited:
Day 6 ~ Part II

On a Disney bus, on our way to DHS... Trying to boost V's mood a little bit... Allison and I telling her the story of the man who stood up for her at the end...

We met up with Cindy right away.

It was getting warm out already. One of my missions today was that I wanted a photo of my full Toy Story outfit with Woody and Buzz before I had to change into something cooler.

IMG_4517%20-%20Copy.jpg

It was a 45 minute wait in this line, but no one really complained too much - they knew how hard I worked on this entire set, and how much it meant to me to get photos.

IMG_4504%20-%20Copy.jpg

Finally - it was our turn to meet them... Buzz tried to leave, because we showed no "Buzz Love" - he didn't think he needed to be there. LOL

28C8C232-70CA-42D8-9EF0-A329CC431267.jpg

And wow - I shook Woody's hand and it was WET... It was very gross - poor guy! Even if you look at his pants in the picture - you can see how wet they are. I don't know if they just soak them down to keep them cool? Or if it's actual sweat??? :eek:

94E8E14B-9B66-4BEE-8319-54F59175F777.jpg

IMG_4514%20-%20Copy_1.jpg

Photos with the Toy Story gang done, just in time for our FP for TSM, we hopped across and got in line there...

IMG_4518%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4524%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4525%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4527%20-%20Copy.jpg

I didn't do nearly as well here as I did on BLSRS the other night...

IMG_4529.jpg

On our way to the bathrooms, so I could change, we saw a Photopass photographer with the "Rock the Dots" sign... I am so glad we did this picture, as it's one of our only ones with Cindy during this trip!

IMG_4516.jpg

Phew! Toy Story shirt off and a sleeveless shirt on... Much better!

I had 2 other "must-dos" for today... Here is my second one, and perhaps my most important one... Finding Photopass Joe and giving him a giant hug!!!! He has been taking our photos in DHS for 6+ years now, and we find him on every trip...

KDQM9611.jpeg

DJPV3771%20-%20Copy.jpeg

It's always so nice to see him and check in to see how him and his family are doing. :) We chatted for a while - but sadly, Joe is there to work, so we couldn't chat long.

He took a few pictures of us, and we headed out to our ToT FP... Where I sat on the curb for a while and the girls went and had fun. ::yes::

IMG_4538.jpg

And probably one of my favorites from this trip...

B62EFA3C-8E59-410D-B18D-42DDF806F889.jpg

Once we were done at ToT... We had one final mission for the day... PB&J milk shakes... Mmmmmm....

We got in the "to-go" line at 50's PT, which was quite long...

IMG_4539.jpg

And left with this yumminess! We found a bench outside in the shade and took a break to enjoy.

IMG_4541.jpg

After, we used our FP for Star Tours.

We decided that we completed all we wanted to do at DHS for the day...

We took the tram back to Cindy's car and she gave us a ride back to SoG.

I didn't note what time we left DHS.​

Link to Day 6 Part III

D~

Last edited:
Day 6 - Part III

Cindy dropped the girls and I off at SoG and we took a nap... We was starting to feel under the weather again. :eek:

We were up at 5pm...

Allison and I were on a direct bus to AK at 5:30... V decided to stay behind.

IMG_4551.jpg

One thing I wanted, really wanted, to do this trip - was to ride Expedition Everest in the dark.... I've ridden it thousands of times during the day, but never once at night. ::yes::

We stopped at a photopass photographer on our way into the park. He insisted that I put my bag down... Sorry - bags must be in photos dude... Then he tried to get me to put it behind me... Again, sorry - the bag stays. He seemed very, VERY annoyed by this and grudgingly snapped 2 quick photos and sent us on our merry way... (of course, they didn't upload... Grrrr)

We decided to have dinner at FTBBQ - we hadn't eaten there since our 2008 trip (as we are always full from breakfast at TH)... I ordered a "yucky mac n' cheese pork thing" as quoted directly from my trip journal. So, I guess you know what I thought about that one. LOL

IMG_4556.jpg

While eating dinner, V called... She was feeling better and wanted to join up with us. Unfortunately - she was at the Poly (she was hungry) and didn't bring her MB with her. I stopped a CM and asked if there was any way she could get into the park with out her MB, and he told me no... I thought maybe I could buy her one and activate it - but that would have just been a pain... At this point - I was kind of desperate to spend time in the parks with BOTH girls, as I felt like V was getting totally jipped this trip. By the time we figured out logistics for V to get there, the park would be closed... So, she just went back to SoG. :(

Our plan of attack tonight was to get a FP for anything we could... Then, once RoL started, we'd get in the standby line for EE and hopefully escape the park before RoL let out.

We snagged a FP for Dinosaur - NOT my favorite ride and especially at night, but it was better than nothing, so we took it.

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

But we did get a pretty EPIC ride photo! It helps when you are genuinely scared. LOL

IMG_4568.jpg

Our plan of attack was working out perfectly... We exited Dinosaur just a RoL was filling up.

We headed back to EE - getting a little turned around in the dark coming out of Dinosaur, but eventually we made it back there.

IMG_4562.jpg

Our ride photos this time didn't turn out at all - they are quite dark... but it was AMAZING!!! I am so glad I got to do this! It was probably our best ride on EE ever! I was just sad that V didn't get to do it with us. Seeing RoL from the ride was incredible! Just the lighting at night in AK is beyond imagination - I love this park so much!

I really, really, really wanted to do a 2nd ride, but I knew if we did - we would be exiting the park with the masses, and potentially miss our bus to SoG.

So, Allison and I beelined for the front of the park... We stopped for one last photopass picture, thankfully grumpy PP guy was no where to be seen...

IMG_4567.jpg

And the ToL at night... Gorgeous!

IMG_4566.jpg

We were out of the park ahead of the crowds...

On the bus to SoG at 7:50. :woohoo:

Unfortunately - at this time of the night, after SoG picks up at AK - they then pick up at DHS... It was a JAM PACKED bus and all the people at DHS were so angry that they had a half full bus to get on to, so not everyone made it on - which is pretty rare for a SoG bus. Keeping in mind that these buses run on a schedule, so the next bus for them wouldn't come for another hour.

We arrived at SoG at 8:20.

V was doing better.

We were all in bed by 8:45. I didn't note my steps.​

Link to Day 7 Part I

D~

Last edited:
Day 6 - Part III

Cindy dropped the girls and I off at SoG and we took a nap... We was starting to feel under the weather again. :eek:

We were up at 5pm...

Allison and I were on a direct bus to AK at 5:30... V decided to stay behind.

IMG_4551.jpg

One thing I wanted, really wanted, to do this trip - was to ride Expedition Everest in the dark.... I've ridden it thousands of times during the day, but never once at night. ::yes::

We stopped at a photopass photographer on our way into the park. He insisted that I put my bag down... Sorry - bags must be in photos dude... Then he tried to get me to put it behind me... Again, sorry - the bag stays. He seemed very, VERY annoyed by this and grudgingly snapped 2 quick photos and sent us on our merry way... (of course, they didn't upload... Grrrr)

We decided to have dinner at FTBBQ - we hadn't eaten there since our 2008 trip (as we are always full from breakfast at TH)... I ordered a "yucky mac n' cheese pork thing" as quoted directly from my trip journal. So, I guess you know what I thought about that one. LOL

IMG_4556.jpg

While eating dinner, V called... She was feeling better and wanted to join up with us. Unfortunately - she was at the Poly (she was hungry) and didn't bring her MB with her. I stopped a CM and asked if there was any way she could get into the park with out her MB, and he told me no... I thought maybe I could buy her one and activate it - but that would have just been a pain... At this point - I was kind of desperate to spend time in the parks with BOTH girls, as I felt like V was getting totally jipped this trip. By the time we figured out logistics for V to get there, the park would be closed... So, she just went back to SoG. :(

Our plan of attack tonight was to get a FP for anything we could... Then, once RoL started, we'd get in the standby line for EE and hopefully escape the park before RoL let out.

We snagged a FP for Dinosaur - NOT my favorite ride and especially at night, but it was better than nothing, so we took it.

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

But we did get a pretty EPIC ride photo! It helps when you are genuinely scared. LOL

IMG_4568.jpg

Our plan of attack was working out perfectly... We exited Dinosaur just a RoL was filling up.

We headed back to EE - getting a little turned around in the dark coming out of Dinosaur, but eventually we made it back there.

IMG_4562.jpg

Our ride photos this time didn't turn out at all - they are quite dark... but it was AMAZING!!! I am so glad I got to do this! It was probably our best ride on EE ever! I was just sad that V didn't get to do it with us. Seeing RoL from the ride was incredible! Just the lighting at night in AK is beyond imagination - I love this park so much!

I really, really, really wanted to do a 2nd ride, but I knew if we did - we would be exiting the park with the masses, and potentially miss our bus to SoG.

So, Allison and I beelined for the front of the park... We stopped for one last photopass picture, thankfully grumpy PP guy was no where to be seen...

IMG_4567.jpg

And the ToL at night... Gorgeous!

IMG_4566.jpg

We were out of the park ahead of the crowds...

On the bus to SoG at 7:50. :woohoo:

Unfortunately - at this time of the night, after SoG picks up at AK - they then pick up at DHS... It was a JAM PACKED bus and all the people at DHS were so angry that they had a half full bus to get on to, so not everyone made it on - which is pretty rare for a SoG bus. Keeping in mind that these buses run on a schedule, so the next bus for them wouldn't come for another hour.

We arrived at SoG at 8:20.

V was doing better.

We were all in bed by 8:45. I didn't note my steps.​

Link to Day 7 Part I

D~

Enjoyed getting caught up with your park days! Love your outfits! Just returned from a short mother daughter trip with my girls at the Poly(first time staying there) Didn't realize how close it is to Shades of Green . What a great location! i feel for Victoria. i had a slight cold /cough for a couple of days. I would have been mortified if someone came up to me and said something! Some people!

Looks like you had a great day at Hollywood Studios.
What a shame that V wasn't able to get to Animal Kingdom later that evening.

Wow you were busy posting up dates today. Sorry V. felt so bad. The woman was really rude. The poor girl was sick and doing everything she could not to cough on people. What did she expect V. to do?
I could tell from the look on your face that you really really didn't like holding Woody's hand. I do have to ask, though. Who is on V.'s pink bag?
That istory about seeing your bag on that lady is funny. I hope she recovered from your yelling after her.
Liz

As we were walking out of here, I spotted someone carrying one of my bags... Not just one of my bags - but one of MY actual bags that I made for myself. Now, when caught off guard like that... Sometimes the STUPIDEST things come out of my mouth... Picture this: Two females coming out of the Bath shop at GF (note, it's ECHO-Y here)... They take off at a dead run, one of them yelling "Stop her, she has my bag!"... Um, yah - that was me. So glad no one else started chasing this poor woman. Yah - dumb, dumb, dumb. I have a picture of this meet, and believe me - this poor lady probably thought I was nuts (with every right)... This was my only 'in the wild' sighting of one of my bags this trip. And I am sure most of you will recognize this particular bag - I carried it for one day during V's grad trip in 2016...

Coming out of total lurkdom to say I did not think you were nuts. :) Once I realized what was happening it was hilarious. The security guard for the monorail might have thought you were crazy however...

Since I creep on here I knew the trips overlapped, but given your plans I figured there was no chance of running into you (different parks each day etc) so I had just stayed in the shadows. Glad I took the car shuttle to GF rather than Contemporary on my way to the magic kindom.

Also, I LOVE the bag (fell in love with it on the boards here and almost died when I found out you were parting ways with it). Chip and Dale are my favs, and donald just makes the bag.

Wow, you cranked out a lot of updates today!

It looks like you had a great day at DHS. I have a pb&j milkshake on my list to try this summer. I’ve never had one, but I hear they are really good.

I love your nighttime photos in front of the Tree of Like at AK. So pretty! I’m sorry V couldn’t join you guys for some fun at AK.

Wow great updates. Poor V being sick on holidays really sucks. Some people like that woman are just nasty. Thankfully there are plenty of nice people like the man who stood up for V. I’d have been really cross too at anyone being so mean to one of my kids especially when they’re already feeling under the weather and doing all they can to be sensitive to those around them. I’m glad you met up with your favorite pp guy and hopefully that cheered V up a little too. AK looks amazing lit up for nighttime. Glad you made it in the bus.
So funny to meet your bag leaving the store with it’s new owner and happy to know that no one thinks you’re crazy lol
Always nice to see that something you put time and effort and love into making funds a home with someone who cares for it too :)

That was really rude of that woman to approach V like that. I'm glad that the man tried to help make the situation a little better for her.

And wow - I shook Woody's hand and it was WET... It was very gross - poor guy! Even if you look at his pants in the picture - you can see how wet they are. I don't know if they just soak them down to keep them cool? Or if it's actual sweat??? :eek:
I read a book written by a CM who played the big characters. He was Goofy most often but would also play Buzz, Woody and other tall characters. He said that they sweat like crazy in those costumes. They didn't have any kind of cooling devices inside of them. And they would drink tons of water during the rest periods.

We decided that we completed all we wanted to do at DHS for the day...

We took the tram back to Cindy's car and she gave us a ride back to SoG.

I didn't note what time we left DHS.

This is the day that I regret because I didn't try to contact you to tell you that we went to Hollywood Studios for the special Minnie Rockin' the Dots send - off. I still have the Minnie badges they passed out that day. We were at Magic Kingdom that morning but when I heard about the special sendoff ceremony we went over to Hollywood Studios, arriving around noon. I knew you were supposed to be there, and I thought of trying to contact you, but since we were planning to meet on Monday, I didn't bother. Now I regret not at least sending a text to you to tell you we were there. :( Maybe we would have met each other after all. But I did look for you while we were there because I knew you would be wearing your Toy Story outfit.

While eating dinner, V called... She was feeling better and wanted to join up with us. Unfortunately - she was at the Poly (she was hungry) and didn't bring her MB with her. I stopped a CM and asked if there was any way she could get into the park with out her MB, and he told me no...
Poor Victoria. It wasn't a very good trip for her at all. It sounds like she needs a "do over". ::yes::

Keeping in mind that these buses run on a schedule, so the next bus for them wouldn't come for another hour.
I thought it ran on a 30 minute schedule. An hour wait at closing time is really tough to plan around.

I still feel so bad for poor V being sick at the happiest place on earth!!! Shame on that lady at 'Ohana. You were right to be appalled at her behavior, and I'm glad that other gentleman felt the same!

I really love AK, and to experience it at night is just incredible. It's just so beautiful. Sad V had to miss that night with you guys.

I'm glad to see Victoria got out a little even after she got sick. I'm sorry the lady complained to her though. That was pretty rude. It's too bad she wasn't able to join you at AK though. We always have our passes with us. I'm always afraid we might lose a magicband and then I know we could still use our passes. I just ordered a new Sulley magicband for our next trip. I think he is my favorite character.

Pretty funny chasing the lady with your bag. I'm glad to see she wasn't upset by it and it sounds like she really loves her bag.

I wanted to mention the doctor said I had probably had fibroids for a while. If I hadn't started having problems I probably would never have known. She said many people have fibroids and never know it unless they get too big. So I think you should be ok with doing nothing for now and I'm sure they'll keep an eye on it. The medication stopped my problems and I knew I would probably only have to take them a short time so I was ok with it.

Your next trip is coming up so fast. It will be fun to hear all about it.

Great updates for sure. Sorry about the breakfast. Glad V improved but I'm shocked there wasn't a way to get her into the parks. I would think guest services could look up her account information (with a photo ID) and just give her a replacement card (not MagicBand) that would be linked to her account and her tickets. However I know that would have still been a time consuming process for her. Having had a kid who did the same thing (but was away from us and left his MagicBand in the room at a Disney resort and couldn't get back to it) I know the feeling.

I'm not sure I've done EE at night either and it's also something on my list. One day I guess.

Glad your day of rest seemed to help a bit and V was up for breakfast and HS. That lady at 'Ohana needs a swift kick in the rump! How RUDE of her!! That makes me ragey!

Love all your pictures from HS. They all came out great!!

I wanted to do AK at night too but we never got the chance. It is still on my list! Next time!

Poor V -- what a horrible, rude, unkind thing of that woman to say to her! I'm so glad that gentleman did what he did. But I feel so bad for V, who already wasn't feeling well and was just trying to enjoy herself as well as she could.

Looks like a fun time at DHS and AK...I've never done AK at night so I need to add that to my list of things to do.

Hugs to you!

I just read the entire report....thank you for the links which made it much easier to get all caught up. There's simply too much to comment on so I'll just say "here".

I couldn't stop thinking of your daughter after reading of the encounter with that incredibly rude woman. I swear some people go on a witch hunt when it comes to germs. If you are that afraid of getting sick, stay home! I hope the trip improves for V :( She needs a re-do!

Wow - love the updates! So much to comment on. Being sick on vacation (especially Disney) is my worst fear so I really feel empathy for V. Glad to read she's not down for the count just yet. Love the Toy Story pictures! When DH and I were there in Dec. we rode EE twice after dark - it really makes it more fun and scary. Sorry about the incident at 'Ohana. There's no way to escape germs at a place like Disney. As long as she wasn't blatantly coughing on people, that was uncalled for. V really does deserve a do-over. Well, you all do! I have a feeling this won't be the last of your mother-daughter trips.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts