~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

AK is my favorite too. Although, I've never made it to the Tusker House, it's on my list of places to try. Your photo of the tree with nobody there...what a dream! PPO dining reservation looks like the way to go!
We were first in line for the safari when we visited in October and it was fantastic

We were headed towards our first FP of the trip... BTMRR - a family favorite. We love riding this ride (as with most coasters) in the 2nd to the last seat. This one is a lot of fun if you are seated alone... You slide back n' forth.
It is one of our favorite rides, too. I was surprised, though, how much my five year old granddaughter moved around on the seat when I rode it with her. I was afraid that she would fly out. And she was laughing and enjoying even scary bit of it. :)

Sadly, our tree was walled off due to refurb - so this was the best we could do for a now n' then this trip...
That is a cute series of pictures. I love the current one the best. Everyone is smiling and happy in it. :)

We took a bunch of Photopass pictures on our way out of the park...
It looks like the day warmed up nicely for you. The sun was nice, too. ::yes::

Shades of Green lobby area...
It looks like a nice lobby. I like the wall of windows. Does it overlook the golf course?

A quick detour to Cpt. Cooks for our favorite... Pork Nachos and Hawaiian Flatbread. YUM!
I love the pulled pork nachos. It is one of our favorites.

While we were there, guess who found us?????

My very good, long time Dis friend, Cindy! And her wonderful DH, Gerald!
Did you really just run into them, or was it planned? Is this the same Cindy with the trunk full of Dooney and Bourke bags?

Some how... Don't even ask how... I ended up with 999,999. :eek: Honestly, I looked down and there it was - I have no idea which target I hit, but :woohoo: I'll take it!
You and Allison have a cute pose. :)

The safari was fantastic, as usual. I honestly think the best time to ride it is right away in the morning.
We seem to get the best safaris first thing in the morning, too. We had a very good safari during our January trip. The giraffes were running! That was fun. We even had one run on the road right in from of our vehicle. The CM had to drive slowly until the giraffe decided to head off into the grass.

This is the first time, (that I have read) that someone is staying at Shades of Green and doing a TR. I know about it, but I didn't realize it was across the street from the Poly.

We usually have a rental car and you would of been better off stopping off at a gas station for food. My dh has work for 3 weeks in Florida every year, and we stay in a few different resorts. For a few days we have to stay near Sea World at The Ritz, the food is so expensive and we always go down the drive to the gas station and get ice cream, sandwiches etc. They are open 24 hours.

I made it here finally! Great start to your trip :cool1:

I love your new glasses, they look great :cool:

So sad about your Target store but obviously you will find plenty to do, speaking of, I love all the new stuff you are making for your self:love:.

I hope to see you soon :beach:

Monica

Hi! Fellow Minnesotan. I live in Monticello Mn. It is between Maple Grove and St Cloud. Just wanted to pop in and say I always enjoy reading your trip reports. Loved the pics of years back in front of the tree with the girls.

Me too! Right by the river...too funny! Just look for my pirate mickey antenna topper.

Loving the pictures of you and your daughters D! Love the spirit jerseys and your ears are just so magical....

Once again a great update with great pictures and it looks like you all had a lot of fun :)

Trying to whiddle away on some replies during the week. :lovestruc

All your new clothes looks great.

Thank you! I am super excited about all of them!

Oh, no! I'd be devastated if they closed our Target Of course, I don't work there but I shop there at least twice per week!

I love all the clothes you make, but it makes me wonder why you would even need to work at Target. You are so talented and could easily sell your creations in an on-line store. Use your gift

Right? I used to shop at our Target daily - sometimes multiple times per day. :eek: But when we started back on Dave Ramsey's plan in earnest last year, I really backed off a lot... I also switched most of my grocery shopping from Target to Aldi. It's still hard not having our store anymore - and having to drive much further to get to a Target isn't really fun - but in all reality, I have 5 Targets that are all exactly the same distance from me now (20-25 min), so I have a few to choose from.

Thanks! Maybe one day I will? For right now though - I am just having fun creating for myself. :lovestruc

So sorry to hear that the location of your room wasn't good and that everything was closed so you couldn't get a proper meal.
I agree with you about getting that late to Disney isn't worth the cheap airfare.

Looks like your first park day started out good.

Yah - that was a tough time of the day to arrive. Next time, we will likely go back to our good ol' morning flight times. ::yes::

We had a great MK day that day.

It looks like it wasn't too cool if you had light jackets. We wanted to go to Peter Pan first thing one morning and do the queue since we'd always used fast passes. It was closed though so we went to eat too, waffle and funnel cake. Of course by the time we got back we waited an hour. But I really wanted to see it so we did it anyway. I think I might have mentioned we did one late flight and we swore never again. Of course the airplane had problems and we had to wait for another one. So that delayed us about 2 hours and we still had to pick up our rental car. After midnight before we got to bed and we were all so exhausted.

We did so many trips in Jan. where Splash was closed. We finally got to do it and it's a ride my husband likes to ride now. He doesn't go on many rides any more and now he has a good excuse. He's doing really well and I'm going out shopping for a little healthier food today. He's not too happy that I'm cutting out chips, but that was something I've wanted to get rid of for a long time. What is it with men wanting them all the time. I am glad now that we didn't go to Florida this year. How much worse to have this happen there.

It will be fun to follow along on your trip.

Our first days were a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings - afternoons were nice. ::yes::

Yah -sometimes you just have to go with the flow... I am glad you were able to do Peter Pan's Flight though - I love that one, but we rarely do it because the wait is so long!

Figures about your flight... It's so hard arriving late!

We love Splash - I've always said that if Splash was closed, we would reschedule our trip... But it was January - and the last time we went in Jan it was open, but we only rode it once because it was so cold. LOL

I am glad you didn't go to FL this year too - that would have been awful. Small (large) blessings that you were home. :hug: Glad to hear that your new lifestyle is going well.

Yay for an update!

:woohoo: I cranked out a few this weekend!

Oh splash mountain, it was closed when I was there in October, I was disappointed, but I guess that means I have to go back another time to ride it . How great that you made it to MK so early . It appears to be low crowds first thing in the morning? I love it when we actually get there early, doesn't always happen .

I agree - it was disappointing that Splash was closed, but - we did OK without it, in the end. Yes - it's almost always low crowds right away - at least in the areas that we go to in the morning... Though there really are no more real "low crowd" times in Disney. ::yes::

Getting in so late doesn’t sound like fun. The 7:30 flight I’m eyeing is sounding better and better.

It looks like a good first morning. Kudos to you guys for getting up and to the park for rope drop after your late flight. I would’ve never gotten my boys awake - Disney or not.

We were sad to miss SM on our October trip. I’m looking forward to riding it when we go in June.

I’ve never eaten at Sleepy Hollow but I always think the sandwiches look good, especially the nutella with fruit. I might have to try one this summer.

Yes - I would say, landing at 7:30 is about the latest I'd want to get there... Any later and it just gets too late, by the time you check in and get settled. But we are typically "early to bed" people.

We did good - I was proud of us... And now, thankful that we did. It ended up being our only real MK morning.

Hopefully SM is open for our next trip.

We've eaten there several times now, and it's our preferred CS place in MK these days. I love the slaw/chicken waffle sandwich - I just order the slaw on the side so it doesn't get the waffle all mushy. ::yes::

Following along even if I don’t comment to often!

Looks like a great start to the trip!

If you don’t mind me asking which car service do you uses? We have used mears in the past but they seem a bit pricey maybe? Just looking for other options.

Welcome! Super happy to have you following along again!

Yes - we did start off really well. ::yes::

I can't say which one I use here on The Dis, as it's blocked out... It's not Mears though. :)

Yay! The adventure has begun. Ya'll are too beautiful with being up so early after such a late flight. MK for the first day was such a good choice. Love the pics of the three of you. Can't wait to read more.

Your room location was not the best. You made me laugh too hard with the "look to the right of the tree and you can see a bit of fireworks".

We had to fly in late when we went to US; I had a perfect non stop flight right after lunch then Shane said he had to take a test that afternoon; we had to book a much later flight with one stop that was delayed; we got to the hotel at 10:50 right when the food court was closing at 11:00. I told the guys to run and get food and I will check us in. Lesson learned.

I am loving all of the clothes you are making. You are so, so talented. I can't even sew a button on.

Following along!!

Thank you... I feel like we looked pretty decent too - considering the circumstances. LOL

Yah - definitely unimpressed with this room location... I would take any of them in this hallway - or around the bend there, but not this one again. I couldn't believe how loud it was compared to the two rooms right next to it.

Yikes! Glad you were able to get food. We arrived at mid-night and everything closed at midnight... Had we not done our crappy grocery stop - we could have had food. LOL Oh well...

Thank you - I am having so much fun making them - though I don't *need* a single article of clothing... I really should go through and donate, but I feel like I wear everything I own - though there is no way that I realistically do. LOL

Thanks Carol! :hug: Super happy to have you here and following along! :lovestruc

The sandwiches from the grocery store sound disgusting. It is really hard to get something to eat when your flight arrives late. I've always been surprised at that, too, when there are so many people who are up that late.

I love the picture of the three of you with your back to the camera, looking over your shoulder.

I love all the Disney bags in your Dis meet picture. They are all very cute.

Yah - they were just nasty... Like "the cheese had become the bread" nasty... It was bad. You would think - for as busy as Florida is at any time of the day - there would be more 24 hour places... :scratchin

Thanks! LOL You can't really tell in the picture, but he snapped it just before I fell over - and it looks like I am grabbing V's behind. :eek: But it is a fun picture and we get so few that are unique poses, so I try to post them. ::yes::

Thank you! :lovestruc

I'm joining in. I'm so jealous of your talent. My mom and grandmother are great seamstresses but I can't even sew on a button. Where did you get those awesome purses? Did you make those?

Thank you! Yes - I made all of my bags and ears for this trip... I had no intention of making any new ones, because this trip was booked sorta "last minute", but then I became VERY ambitious and knocked out 5 new bag sets (plus a few clothing items) for this trip. LOL Lots of late nights and after hours work. ::yes::

I sympathize - flying in from Canada I only have late arriving flights to choose from, unless I take 2 days travel time. You early birds crack me up - I'm a night owl, but at least I'm never in your way for rope drops!

Yah - it's hard... I am glad that we have a few flight times to choose from - usually, but it's hard arriving that late. Never again. In the future - note to self - no more than a 2 hour layover and no late flights. ::yes::

Hahahah - and we appreciate that you are a night owl. LOL

I've read and enjoyed every one of your trip reports. Finally checking in to say hi and let you know how much I appreciate them! They must be a lot of work! Looking forward to the rest of the report even though it sounds like there may be a few bumps up ahead... And love all the clothing and bags!

Thank you! And welcome! It's great having you here and following along. Yah - writing TRs definitely takes time... I keep a journal during the trip - so that takes a lot of time from our trips to keep it updates - though, over the years, I've gotten very good at "Disney Trip Short-hand" LOL. So, my journal time gets less and less each trip. And it takes time to write after we get home too - but time isn't that essential then and it helps a lot with the "Disney blues" too. ::yes::

Thanks!!! I love outfit planning for Disney - I think it's the major reason I continue to go. LOL There is no way I'd dress like this at home. :scratchin

That late arrival doesn't sound like fun. I'm surprised that Walmart wasn't open. All the ones up here are 24 hr. store. Maybe the one's down there aren't?
I like your new glasses. I got mine in July and can't get a new pair until this July. My daughter's like Allison. She's just not sure of the new styles and likes her smaller frames.
I stopped at Target after work. It was really busy. I needed some food and my store doesn't carry fresh fruit or veggies. We're too small. Aldi never has much one a Saturday night. It's better during the week.
V.'s Nutella looks good. I wonder if they could eave the bananas off? That's one of my many food allergies
You've been really busy sewing and your latest projects are really cute.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Liz

Yes - it wasn't that fun. Walmart may have been open? However - I am pretty sure that our towncar service "contracts" with certain grocery stores??? And Walmart isn't likely one of them - that's my guess anyways. We are a little at the mercy of the service, ya know?

Thanks! I like that we can get a new pair of glasses any time (once) during a calendar year... So, we could (theoretically) get a pair of glasses in December and then get another pair in January, because it's a different calendar year. ::yes:: Typically, we get them in January or February though, as that's when we have our yearly exams.

I find our Aldi is better in the morning than in the evening too... So there's that... I think they do the majority of their stocking in the morning and what they have is what they have? I don't know though?

I am sure they could leave the bananas off, without a problem... They leave the cole slaw off of my chicken one - and they make all of them fresh - so I think it would be easy to leave those off. ::yes::

Thanks! I think I've been way too busy... I really should be using this time to get some other things done... But sometimes when my creativity comes - I need to go with it, or I am useless in other areas of my life. LOL I'll do what I am supposed to do after I get back from my trip with Suzi. ::yes::

Have a great week Liz! :)

It might have been me!! But just in case you ever do decide on another late flight, I learned something from our arrival for our New Year's trip. Apparently there is a McDonalds somewhere in the main terminal area that is open 24 hours. I learned this from an Orlando local who was in line behind us waiting for baggage who flies in and out a lot for work. Also, the restaurant and lounge at McCoy's in the Hyatt is open until 11 and 12, respectively. It's where we ended up having dinner on our arrival night (and we stayed at the Hyatt that night)

Haha! I have one like that somewhere too, I think from October. I knew they were doing pictures but didn't know where the camera was...luckily, neither does anyone else

That is excellent information! I will be on the look out for that McDs in the future - if it's needed. ::yes:: Thanks!

Hahaha - yah - that was news to me... It flashed, and Allison said "I think they just took our picture".... And I was like "I doubt it..."... And then it showed up in our Photopass... LOL Next time we know. ::yes::

*************************************************************************************************************

Not much to update from the weekend...

I stayed very busy in my sewing room on Saturday... Then Josh and I went to my "Target closing party" on Saturday night... That was fun - we didn't stay long though... I didn't feel like drinking and that's all everyone was doing. Which is fine - I just wasn't in the mood. ::yes::

Yesterday - I was lazy all day... I went into my sewing room a few times, but I didn't do anything - I forced myself to take a day off. ::yes::

I have a busy week ahead of me as I have a heavy work load. I also have a few more things I need to get done for my trip with Suzi - so I will work on that. And packing. :scratchin

I"ll continue to work on replies this week, and do updates on the weekends. ::yes::

Have a great week everyone! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

I'm glad to hear you and Josh had a good time at the Target closing party even if you didn't stay long.

On Sunday it was mother's day here. So I had dinner at my parents house. That was nice.

We have had great weather here for a long time now. But winter isn't over yet so we can still get a lot of snow.

What a great start to your trip! When I said you'd get there first I meant because I was on day two of my trip and didn't meet you until day 4!

So funny to see all the morning MK pictures! We were there too, and I checked the background but didn't see us in your pictures! I was so glad that it warmed up that day! You guys also got much better PP pictures than us! We only got Tink pretty much for all the magic shots.

We were done with our a little early, and I was texting long-time Dis friend Casey... We figured it out before we left, we have been Dis friends since 2012 - we were actually in WDW together in March of 2012, but we weren't able to coordinate a meet at that time. I was super excited to finally be able to meet her (and her mom). They are both so adorable and so sweet!

That's me!! One again it was so awesome to meet you and the girls! It was SUCH a long time in the making and it was so fun to finally meet!

Love the nighttime pictures when you went back to MK as well, so much fun!

Tusker House is one of my favorites too!! Sken loves it there as well. We didn't get a chance on this last trip to go. I also love the early morning safari!

It was so great to meet you all. Em keeps asking if we can see "Miss D" again. :)

Love the Valentine’s day shirt you created!

Ooooh- SoG looks really nice. Was your room at SoG in the Palm Wing? Can anyone shop in the SoG gift shop?

I'm here and all caught up!

Unfortunately, I'm one of the clumsy people who has to use railing on stairs. Every time. And I usually come home sick.

Suzi, her mom and I are also going to go see Momma Mia while we are there - super excited for this
AAAAAHHHH!!!!! You will LOVE it!! I've seen it 4 or 5 times now, and I just can't get enough. HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!

We didn't even prepare for our first park day the next morning - we all just fell into bed. It was a LONG day, and I don't think I will ever fly at that time again - it wasn't worth the cheap airfare.
I fully agree with you!! On our vow renewal trip, we didn't get to our room til about midnight and it was seriously awful. Definitely not worth it. And I will NEVER fly in that late again.

In hindsight - I am so glad we did this on Day 1... As we didn't get a chance again this trip. :(
I felt like this on our PP pics this trip, too! I couldn't figure out if we just didn't take advantage of enough of the ones we saw or if there weren't that many out? Not sure what got in the way but we only ended up with 396 even after I edited!

02905415-F3EC-47EC-9068-B0EE3C503983.jpg
@Pluto0809 You have a Galactic Hero partner now!! :)

Didn't realize getting in that late was so bad. Sorry you had terrible food for the cost. Then to get a room you don't like. That just stinks, but you can't let it ruin the trip.

The Plaza is one of my favorites to eat at. The food is usually good and the portions are perfect. It is on the list to do this trip.
We are actually going to Scotland and England. This trip completely came up out of left field for us to go. So we are!

I don't blame you for cleaning the room down. I actually do that all the time. I know I'm one of those people. I just don't want to get sick. It's awful getting sick away from home. Been their done that - NEVER AGAIN (I pray)!!!!

All your pictures are great and of course your TR is getting me so excited for our upcoming trip. You are the best at doing DIS Meets. Way to go on your 999,999 points.

Enjoy your day!

Following along, love your TRs. We were in WDW the last week in January, so not too long ago. I can't tell you how obsessive we were as well about handwashing and using the antibacterial gel, all the time! We didn't touch anything without using the gel afterwards, even the menus. I am not normally that obsessive but with all the sick people walking around it was worth it, I guess since we didn't get sick. So sorry to hear about V and her illness, nothing worse than being sick during vacation.

Oh my gosh, that magic shot with Pascal on V’s head?! Love it!!!

I didn’t know you got the pink MB! Didn’t even notice it in your pics you shared....until you pointed it out. Does go really well with that epic outfit though ;)

What a shame that your tree where you take now and then photos is gone.

I can understand why V won't ride Haunted Mansion after her experience when she was 4. I have a few experiences myself form when I was 3 years old and my parents took me to Universal Studios and WDW. So now I hate roller coasters and dark rides.

Well - the tree is still there, it was just behind a refurb wall for this trip... I sure hope they don't take it out.

I feel terrible about this... She will ride every other ride in the world - and she rides HM all of the time, she just prefers not to.

What a great end to your first park day.

Congratulations with the score on BLSRS.

We did have a great park day! Thank you! Still don't know how I did it? LOL

How on earth did I miss that you started your TR??? I’ve been watching for it! Bad me!

Eeeek - I am sorry - I was going to send out messages that I started it, but then I forgot to. So happy to see you here and following along! :lovestruc

BTW - I share this because I know you’ll understand how good it feels - I paid off one of my credit cards yesterday. It was the smallest of the ones I have left, but still - it’s done!

We’ve decided not to build the house - it’s just too expensive abc we’re feeling an strong desire to get out of debt. So now we’re looking at existing construction and hoping we find something. We looked at one house yesterday that may be a possibility but it has the smallest master bath I’ve ever seen- smaller than the bathroom in our newlywed apartment. So we shall see...

Brie has definitely decided to go on a church mission so I’m waiting on her departure date information so I can book our Disneyland trip. The money is already set aside.

I still feel so bad that V got so sick on your trip and that you got sick, too!

Hugs!

:woohoo: So proud of you!

And such a tough decision to make about the house - I know it's been eating at you for a long time. I feel like both of you have carried this weight - and God will provide a house that is perfect for you. :lovestruc

I am so happy for Brie - following where her heart pulls her! This will be great! And looking forward to hearing that your DL trip is booked!

We are a bit disappointed - but in the end, we were thankful that we maximized the beginning of our trip - so we were able to do almost everything we had planned to do - and only missed out on a few things... There will be other trips though - so... ::yes::

I love V's tattoo, I'm so obsessed with Tangled, I managed to convince my husband to take me on the Magic in April so we can see the show and eat in the new Rapunzel themed restaurant. I love riding the safari very first thing in the morning too, when we went in October, everyone ran to Pandora and we practically had an empty vehicle for the safari, it was perfect! I can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I'll be sure to tell her! I love Tangled too! Awwwh - that sounds awesome! I didn't know they had a Rapunzel themed restaurant... The girls want to do a Disney cruise next - I am sure that once V hears about that restaurant, it will cinch the deal for them. LOL

Yup - I am glad I was able to get FPs for FoP - otherwise we had resigned to saving it for another trip - and the remainder of our touring plan that day worked out perfectly - as everyone was in line for FoP. ::yes::

:lovestruc

What great magic shots you got! I always ask for them but they always sort of look the same...

Thanks! We didn't ask for any this trip - they just gave them to us - which was pretty cool!

Loving the trip report! Even though it looked a bit chilly it looks like you had a lot of fun.

Thanks! Yes - our first few days were a bit chilly... There was one day that it was bitterly cold, and I think that was the day that ultimately did V in. But most of the time we were there, it was comfortable with a light coat or even no coat at all. Weather wise - it was great. :)

Hi! Fellow Minnesotan. I live in Monticello Mn. It is between Maple Grove and St Cloud. Just wanted to pop in and say I always enjoy reading your trip reports. Loved the pics of years back in front of the tree with the girls.

Hello there! Cool - I drive through Monticello often... I grew up in the St. Cloud area - so we often go up 94/10/55 - which ever way has the least traffic. ::yes:: We prefer 55 though - because the Culver's in Buffalo has a 50% military discount. LOL And I am all about cheap.

I am super excited to have a fellow Minnesotan here and following along! :woohoo:

Thanks - I try to do a lot of now n' thens... I love seeing how kids "grow up Disney" - especially mine. :lovestruc I have a few more coming up - but I usually do a huge post at the end with all of them... This time, I am trying to throw a few into the actual TR too. ::yes::

Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to meet you! :)

You had two fun days! The food at the Plaza looks pretty good. I’ve never really given that restaurant a thought; maybe I should. I love the Haunted Mansion, but my boys don’t really care for it. Maybe it’s because they rode it when they were two-years-old. It probably wasn’t my best mom moment either, lol.

So jealous of your pork nachos. It’s one of my favorite Disney foods! I’m dying to get a pink rose band for this summer. I won’t buy one, but I’m hoping it’ll be available to order as one of the color choices by then.

Tusker House is always a fun breakfast. I haven’t been for a long time. Last time we went Donald took pics before entering the restaurant. Is it different now? We always ride the safari first thing in the morning, too. I think the animals are more active. I’m hoping to ride it at night this summer. I think that would be pretty cool.

We did! The Plaza was pretty good - but in all honesty - I'd originally had a "favorite" booked that day - Liberty Tree Tavern... and I really could have gone for a giant bowl of their Freedom Pasta that day. LOL Oh well... The Plaza was good too, and I am glad we tried it.

Hahaha - there should probably be a support group somewhere for children traumatized by Haunted Mansion. ::yes::

I love the pork nachos!

Yah I wish I didn't have to buy the Millennial Pink band... but now I have one for future use - so it's all good. ::yes::

Yes - no more Donald pics at Tusker House... I miss all of the character pics that you' used to get with the character meals - there are only a handful of restaurants that still do them... Donald just walks around the restaurant now - which is nice too.

I hope you get your morning ride on the Safari - it's a favorite!

AK is my favorite too. Although, I've never made it to the Tusker House, it's on my list of places to try. Your photo of the tree with nobody there...what a dream! PPO dining reservation looks like the way to go!
We were first in line for the safari when we visited in October and it was fantastic

Love, love, love AK... It's just such a unique park! I hope you get to try TH some day... I highly recommend the Mealie Pap and the Banana Bread Pudding... Oh and the Mickey Waffles - but you can get those almost anywhere. ::yes::

Thanks! I love photos like that!

I always try for two PPO breakfasts... Tusker House and Crystal Palace... We love those two meals! And they always set us up for a great touring plan for the remainder of the day. :lovestruc

It is one of our favorite rides, too. I was surprised, though, how much my five year old granddaughter moved around on the seat when I rode it with her. I was afraid that she would fly out. And she was laughing and enjoying even scary bit of it.

That is a cute series of pictures. I love the current one the best. Everyone is smiling and happy in it.

It looks like the day warmed up nicely for you. The sun was nice, too.

It looks like a nice lobby. I like the wall of windows. Does it overlook the golf course?

I love the pulled pork nachos. It is one of our favorites.

Did you really just run into them, or was it planned? Is this the same Cindy with the trunk full of Dooney and Bourke bags?

You and Allison have a cute pose.

We seem to get the best safaris first thing in the morning, too. We had a very good safari during our January trip. The giraffes were running! That was fun. We even had one run on the road right in from of our vehicle. The CM had to drive slowly until the giraffe decided to head off into the grass.

I was worried about V too... She likes to "not put the lap bar down all the way"... I was concerned that she would fly right out too!

Thanks! Though I do wish we could have done it in front of our tree... Next trip!

Yes - it did warm up nicely that day.

The wall of windows has a patio outside of it that overlooks the Koi pond area and wedding gazebo - I'll see if I can find a pic for you... http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Shades-of-Green/Shades-of-Green-Grounds.html

Hahaha - no, our meeting was planned... And yes this is the same Cindy with the trunk full of Vera Bradley bags. LOL That you remembered.

Thanks!

Yes - the morning safari is my favorite! :lovestruc The giraffes are always so active - and they are honestly my favorite, and they get so close to the vehicles!

You guys are so photogenic! The meals look yummy, but best of all is that sunshine! We are at -25C again here today, so that you for sharing those sunny pics. HM is one of my favorites, but I don't enjoy EE, so there's something for us all!

Awwwh - thank you... I tell the girls all of the time that they get it from me. LOL Lots of eye rolling from those comments... And the "triplet" comments - those drive them nuts too. :lmao:

I agree - it's so nice to see the sun!

True - there is always something for everyone at Disney! :lovestruc That's what makes it so great!

This is the first time, (that I have read) that someone is staying at Shades of Green and doing a TR. I know about it, but I didn't realize it was across the street from the Poly.

We usually have a rental car and you would of been better off stopping off at a gas station for food. My dh has work for 3 weeks in Florida every year, and we stay in a few different resorts. For a few days we have to stay near Sea World at The Ritz, the food is so expensive and we always go down the drive to the gas station and get ice cream, sandwiches etc. They are open 24 hours.

I highly recommend you go back and read my January 2016 TR and my October 2016 TR (before my Photobucket subscription expires - I don't know if I will be renewing it yet???) linked in my siggy... Lots and lots of SoG resort pics in those two TRs... I didn't take too many this time because I figured that most of my readers have already seen it all. LOL And my TRs are always easy to read because I am a bit fanatical about having all of my TR chapter links working and linked properly. ::yes::

Yes - SoG's location is PRIME... However - logistics are often interesting at best, and sometimes give me a headache... I love staying there - but the logistics at Disney resorts are MUCH easier - IMO. ::yes::

I wish we could have... But because we booked at town car, I think they only contract to stop at certain places??? Lesson learned - next time, I will just fly at a better time of the day. LOL

I made it here finally! Great start to your trip

I love your new glasses, they look great

So sad about your Target store but obviously you will find plenty to do, speaking of, I love all the new stuff you are making for your self

I hope to see you soon

Monica

:woohoo: Yay!!! So happy you made it!!!

Thanks! - I think I am going to have to take them in to get adjusted... They are still really hurting my left ear... I thought I'd get used to it - but it's getting very painful...

It is sad... but you are right - I am "self-medicating" with sewing. LOL I guess there are worse things I could do? LOL

Looking forward to seeing you soon! :woohoo:

Me too! Right by the river...too funny! Just look for my pirate mickey antenna topper.

Loving the pictures of you and your daughters D! Love the spirit jerseys and your ears are just so magical....

Awesome!!! I love having neighbors follow my TRs - it's so fun!

Awwwh - thanks! I love spending time with them! I know - right - I just love all of our outfits this trip! It was so much fun to plan it all out and see it come together! It's my favorite part of Disney planning! :lovestruc

Once again a great update with great pictures and it looks like you all had a lot of fun

Thank you Lilliian! :lovestruc I hope you're having a good week?

*************************************************************************************************************

Super quick update... Running late this morning...

Because we booked our airfare to Europe this morning! :woohoo: We will be spending 3 weeks in The Netherlands, France (DLP), Brussels, and maybe a bit of Germany too?

Sadly - we had to spend more than we wanted to on airfare... We've been stalking it for a few weeks now, and it just keeps climbing... We couldn't bare (bear???) to watch it climb anymore. So we booked! I cannot wait to spend my birthday in Europe! To share my birthday with my birthday buddy! And to squeeze those Littles (who will likely be afraid of us...) Sigh. It's all good! Not to mention - the first time EVER that Josh and I have taken a vacation alone together - hopefully it's the first of many. :lovestruc

I've been staying SUPER busy... Sewing... A few of my newest shirts... All of them are favorites - of course. ::yes::

An off the shoulder Momma Stella from the Made for Mermaids pattern company and the Bridgette Bralette by the same.

DB7C2543-F11A-428D-97C7-11F8E2176E18.jpg

45ED9338-E9C5-4D8B-8E26-0E745EFD89F7.jpg

This is also a version of the above pattern, with the "weave hack" in the back... As you can see, V stole it... ::yes::

34F1CA67-1C93-4787-A73B-5D90A44EB9AF.jpg

481B5BFA-529D-4F39-876F-6285E8FB9E10.jpg

And - I think you saw this one already... From Valentine's day... and again - the same pattern as above - in velvet... I just love this one!

7A548245-71F9-40B3-A426-6E49D19445BE.jpg

And updated photo of my Target store ~ courtesy of a coworker who is still working to empty the store... V and I drove through the parking lot yesterday (it's kind of a short cut between the grocery store and Dad's) - they were throwing out all of the check out lanes into the dumpster...

AB7DB6A4-327B-4A4F-B735-3230DACE8BB3.jpg

The Target pics will end soon... I think tomorrow is their final day?

That's all for me...

I leave on vacation with Suzi next week - I am super looking forward to that... I have a couple of "secret" Dismeets planned while I am there too. :lovestruc I need to work on packing... I just finally looked at my flights this morning - I had no idea what time I even had to leave... :scratchin

Ummm... Lots of sewing in my future... I have a few more things I'd like to make for my trip... ::yes::

I am going to get my nails done tomorrow - I cannot WAIT! I still have my Disney nails on and they are insanely long - I am finding it very difficult to do the most basic tasks (like typing and threading the needles of my machines...) - So looking forward to shorter nails. I still haven't decided which color I am doing - but it will be basic... I can't afford my Disney nails again - especially after paying extra for Europe airfare. ::yes::

I think that's it!

Have a great day all - I will be back sometime within the next day or two to finish up replies... And I'll be doing MEGA updates this weekend to make up for not having any next weekend while I am on vacation.

Prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

Your new tops are really cute. I like the rose ones. V. looks cute in her 'stolen' top.
Congrats on booking your airfair to Europe. Sorry about the price. I bet the kids have grown a lot since the last time you saw them.
Liberty Tree is one of my favorite p;aces to eat. The Plaza is nice but I just like the other one better.
Today I have a weird shift at work 10:45 to 6:30. It should be interesting. My son-in-law aka my boss is on vacation and I've been covering for him.
The battery on my fitbit won't hold a charge anymore. Luckily I had gotten a new on for Christmas. I set it up last night. I'm still not sure of the band.
Enjoy your day
Liz

How great that you got airfare to Europe. The airfares are cheapest one year before the date you want to travel and then they just get more and more expensive the closer you get to your departure date. You can get lucky that the dates you want to travel comes on sale and then you can do a bargain and get a low price.

The shirts you made looks great.

I'm sure the trip with Suzi will be a lot of fun.

Nothing much is happening around here. It hasn't snowed for weeks now and most days there aren't a could on the sky.

I was supposed to start therapy riding again in late January, but sadly my riding therapist got some problems with her back, so the therapy riding has been canceled each week. The latest news is that she hope she is back and get start the riding therapy class in March.

My birthday is in early April and I'm already trying to figure out what cake I want to have :rotfl:
Last Sunday I was at my parents house and we started to talk about my birthday next year since it will be my 40th Birthday :scared1:
I want to invite a few friends from other parts of Norway so we talked about when is the best date to have it since Easter will be right around the corner from my birthday.
I want to give my friends the date for the celebration almost a year in advance so if they want to come they can start to plan the trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter