~~~~~ Sew, the heat is… ON! ~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~ Update x4 6/30!!!!!!!!

Somehow I missed the video earlier. Great job Allison! Makes me want to go back to the parks right now.

I have read most of your trip reports. I have been checking the dish for your new report for the last couple of weeks. Sounds like this trip went a lot better than your last girls trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. Happy belated birthday! The last time my daughter and I went, 2017. We went right between our two birthdays and celebrated them both. It was so much fun!

Happy belated birthday!

I LOVED the video, it showed so much of my favorite things! I'm feeling a little nostalgic since our last two trips were less than stellar, with illness and a family emergency, so we have no plans to return any time soon. :sad1: I will have to live vicariously through your adventures. Can't wait!

Can’t wait to hear how it went. My family is finally going back this summer. It’s been four years since we all have gone together.

Joining in! Loved the video......so much happiness! :goodvibes

Yea! A new trip report! Glad you all had a wonderful time and can't wait to read about it. Hope the heat isn't too bad given the title!
I am going to attempt following along.
Well of course I'll be following along!
Hi, D! I've lurked on some of your past TRs before, but I'm here now and following along for this June trip! I love everything you sew!!!
Yay! Excited to read along :)
I’m away to watch the video now :)
Sounds like this was a magical trip for sure. Belated birthday wishes:bday:
I’m here and looking forward to it!
Loved the video. You guys look like you had so much fun!
I guessed right. You were on your trip when I posted. ;)

I'm looking for hints about your trip and I am guessing that you had really hot weather. The sun is strong in June. We have gone to WDW twice in June with our two oldest grandsons and they complained about how hot it was.

I can't wait to hear about the birthday surprise. Knowing your girls, I am sure that it was very special. :) And then there is a the bittersweet part which hopefully only means that you are sad that it is over. :)
Yay! A trip report! Love the video:) We were visiting family in FL from June 2-6 and it was hot! We were on the coast though ( supposedly cooler than inland) so I am curious to see how the temperature ware for you guys at the parks. Can't wait to read along!
Following!! I'm really missing Disney right now (not back until Jan 2020), so I am looking forward to living vicariously through your TR!
Sounds exciting, following along!
I am here! I love your TR title (“The Heat is On” is the on and off theme song for my beloved St. Louis Cardinals ❤) LOL
The heat was definitely ON ☀🔥☀ in Florida but we still had a great trip, it was awesome getting to spend part of a day with you and your girls!
Happily following along ✨✨✨
Monica

PS: I loved the video, great job Allison!
I’m here and I LOVED Alison’s video! We are planning a trip for early December 2020 !
Following along! I kept hearing about you and your awesome bags when I was with @Pluto0809 !
Following along! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
I am in .........
Yay! I was hoping you'd do a report. I'm off to watch the video.
I'm here too!
I’m here!
Somehow I missed the video earlier. Great job Allison! Makes me want to go back to the parks right now.
I have read most of your trip reports. I have been checking the dish for your new report for the last couple of weeks. Sounds like this trip went a lot better than your last girls trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. Happy belated birthday! The last time my daughter and I went, 2017. We went right between our two birthdays and celebrated them both. It was so much fun!
Happy belated birthday!

I LOVED the video, it showed so much of my favorite things! I'm feeling a little nostalgic since our last two trips were less than stellar, with illness and a family emergency, so we have no plans to return any time soon. :sad1: I will have to live vicariously through your adventures. Can't wait!
Can’t wait to hear how it went. My family is finally going back this summer. It’s been four years since we all have gone together.
Joining in! Loved the video......so much happiness! :goodvibes

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Welcome everyone! I am so happy to see so many old and new friends following along! I am very excited to share this trip with you all!

D~

The Day Before​

I always start my TRs with a little bit of pre-trippie stuff, well - because it's fun. Right?

Technically - this was 2 days before our trip... I get a text from my hair stylist - she is down, like literally DOWN with a stomach flu... She had to cancel my hair appointment. Ordinarily - I don't think I'd be so upset... but let's face it, I am getting older - and there is more gray up there than any other color. Sorry folks - I absolutely cannot go on vacation with gray hair... Not at 44. LOL I was devastated - like bawling my eyes out. Not only was this my FULL hair appointment (I've only had root touch-ups since January) - but I was also planning to ditch the red for summer and go blond. ::yes::

So, there I was - 2 days before our trip - scrambling to find a stylist I could trust to do the bare minimum... At one point - I had 3 different appointments scheduled at 3 different salons... All double the price for half of what I was going to have done with my own stylist. :(

The following morning - my stylist had decided to go into work... She was able to squeeze me into her schedule that afternoon - so I was able to cancel all 3 of my appointments and my trusted stylist was able to do my hair... But wow - I can't believe how upset I was... I am not sure what was up with that? LOL Like I said above, I am normally a pretty easy-going type person. LOL

Anyways... First things first... My nail appointment. Since I wasn't doing much of a "Disney theme" for this trip - and more of a Lilly Pulitzer/Disney theme - I decided to ditch my Disney nails for the first time ever... I went with a classic hot pink with gold glitter. I love them so much - even now - they go with everything!

20190529_104229.jpg

20190529_130947.jpg

And then, that afternoon - I sat in my favorite stylist's chair and she did a total revamp of my hair... I love it so much!!! And I honestly think - once my grays start growing in again, they will look a lot less noticeable because of the blond? Victoria went with me to this appointment, because she happened to be off of work today - so it was an extra bonus to get to spend some time with her!

Afterwards - we went to a local coffee shop and picked up some iced chai teas (minus the ice) to have as a treat in the morning. :lovestruc

Allison had decided to spend the night at home, so it was easier to get to the airport in the morning... She arrived after work - around 6 pm. We sat at Josh's bar for a while and excitedly discussed all of our plans for the night and the following morning, while we decided where to eat dinner.

20190529_174046_HDR.jpg

We decided to eat at our local bar/restaurant - it was easy, since we just walk there.

When we were served dinner - Josh (unknowingly) came up with a great Trip Report title while referring to his sandwich - "It's Falling Apart & HOT as H3ll" :lmao: :lmao: - sadly - I didn't think The Dis would appreciate his use of swear words... So, I opted for the current title. LOL However, his title would have been much more appropriate. ::yes::

Allison and Josh at dinner, the night before we left... Allison enjoying her first legal drink at her "childhood bar"... I know - I know... Here in MN small towns - everyone has a local bar that doubles as a "candy shop" for local kids... And this is where my girls went in the summer afternoons for ice cream and candy. ::yes:: Totally normal, I promise. LOL

20190529_180309.jpg

Afterwards, we all walked home. By then, it was about 8:30pm. We hauled all of our luggage downstairs, so Allison would have a bed to sleep in & we went to bed around 9pm. :lovestruc

D~

I love reading the day-before stuff!

Glad you were able to get your hair done, it looks great!

Disney/Lily Pulitzer needs to be the theme of my life!

Can't wait to read more!!! popcorn::

Joining in too! I'm glad you were able to get your hair done by your stylist (keeping my fingers crossed you didn't end up getting sick with the flu!!) Love the new color and style! Anxious to read more about your June sweltering trip report :)

I can't believe how upset I was... I am not sure what was up with that? LOL

It’s an age and stage thing I reckon! I caught myself crying at the tv ads for toilet roll once when I was mid 40s and approaching the menopause because of the cute puppies and kiddies in the ad! Like seriously sobbing :scared1: :rotfl:
I decided to ditch my Disney nails for the first time ever... I went with a classic hot pink with gold glitter.

Love the nails :)
she did a total revamp of my hair..
Gorgeous!
"It's Falling Apart & HOT as H3ll"
Would have made a great title :thumbsup2:rotfl:
Allison enjoying her first legal drink at her "childhood bar"... I know - I know... Here in MN small towns - everyone has a local bar that doubles as a "candy shop" for local kids...
It’s the same in small rural towns here though many of them were also undertakers when I was growing up ( not so much the case now). My favourite was a pub/corner shop/undertakers called PJs in Carlingford where I holidayed with my best friend and her family as they owned a house there. We’d get a bottle of “football special” and a quarter of “chewing nuts”.and sit at the shop side of the bar pretending to be grown-ups. Thanks for sparking that happy memory. I haven’t thought about those days in a long time :)

Love to hear about the days before! That's when spirits (and sometimes tensions) are high. I'm not particular about a lot of things but I am about my hair. I've had the same stylist FOREVER and I'm not sure what I'll do when she hangs it up. So, I get it. And, so close to your departure :sad: Glad she was able to rally and come back to work. Your hair and nails turned out great! Hope you got a good night's sleep - anxious to hear how your travel day went!

I always love the day before - you have all the excitement of the trip ahead and it’s literally just hours away. I just wish the trip would go as slow as the days leading up to it.

Following along. Can't wait to read your report. I'm glad you all survived the heat. You were there for one of the hottest weeks! Ack!!! So sorry we missed you by a few days :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts