~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

IMG_4741005.jpg

He is just too cute.

I read this somewhere else too. I live in FL, and I drink the water :scared1: I wonder what people think we have in our water :confused3

:lmao: Sorry found this funny but it definately has a different taste than what our family is use to.

I do this. I even brush my teeth with bottled water. I get Montezumas revenge no matter where I go. I know FL it is something they treat their water with that does it to me because I am not used to it. IF I boil the water and then put in the fridge I am fine.

J and I have horrible issues with the water when we go away. G and C are fine.

WELCOME HOME D.

:sick: That is no fun to have that on vacation. I won't even drink the water when we go up to Maine. It's filter well water but just taste too minerally. <---if that's a word:lmao: but the funny thing is I drink tons of PolandSprings water which comes from the next town over:confused3

what a sweet little face he has.....called Megan in and she was ohing and ahing over him too!

doesn't he need a big fancy name since his parents are AKC?
he does look like a Max.....so how about Maximillum Donald the Duck Geurts...it has a nice ring to it :thumbsup2 when Megan was 3 my IL's got a new pug puppy and they let her name her....her official (papered also) name is Princess Ballerina Lulu Belle (goes by Lulu) can you tell what megan was into then, well she still is :rotfl2:

happy Alli is feeling better and looks like they are enjoying their newest addition to the family :goodvibes

I like Max for a name too! And it has a Disney connection...Goofy's son!

LOL Well, the main contender right now is Max. Actually that's the only one - but we haven't sat down as a family to throw other options out there. We want to spend some time with him first.

D~

Well our 6 month old German Shepherd is named Max...but his official (registered) name is Maximillian Von Doofenschmirtz. I like that name myself!

Glad you have a new little puppy...but, just like kids, it would be so nice to keep them as a puppy longer! At 6 months old mine is huge! (we thought our last GS was huge at 120 lbs...but I see Max being his rival in size!) Of course, since he is 6 months old he thinks he is still a puppy and wants to sit in my lap ....

Glad you made it home safely.. and that everyone is feeling better!

Nini

hope you all got another good night sleep and have a great weekend playing with your new puppy :love:

I did check in, but I had a puppy sleeping on my lap/arm and couldn't type...

We had a wonderful, relaxing day yesterday. I spent my morning editing my 475 Photopass photos. I am only on the start of day 2 and I am at just under 900. :banana: Allison and I ran to town... big mistake from Josh by letting us go by ourselves after a week of Disney food

We played with the puppy all day yesterday... We think he is a shark and a cat all rolled into one. :confused3 We've decided to name him Max - officially Maximillian Rufus - meaning The greatest & red haired... and also, we wanted to name him after Ruf because it consoles our hearts a little bit. We still miss him soooo much. Even though we are enjoying Max, there is such a huge hole in our lives left by Ruf. :sad2:

Today, the girls and I need to work on unpacking... All of our luggage is stacked in the livingroom - and it's driving me crazy. I hope to get that done this morning.

I can't believe what a full-time job having a puppy is. I have no idea how I am going to get my sewing done - he definately can't sit in my sewing room with me, like Ruf did. We have the whole kitched gated - so he can't get into any trouble down here, but man - it seems like he has to go to the bathroom every 3 seconds. And he does it whenever/where ever he feels like it... I really need to read that puppy book that Josh brought home for us to read - since I've never had a puppy before, this is all brand new to me, and I have no idea what I am doing. :confused3

I am not sure when I am going to start my TR. I need a name for it - and I guess, until I find that - my TR is on hold. I hope to have a name that stays with my sewing theme - because that was a huge part of our trip - but I am not sure how to work it into my title? I'll take suggestions, so I can get to work on it. :surfweb:

I go back to work on Monday - which means I'll be back to work on projects in my sewing room starting Tuesday. I worked on my sewing schedule - and I am booked solid with custom orders until July. :banana:

Have a great day!

D~

D that is awesome about the orders. I am so happy for you.

Oh and the puppy thing will work itself out. Enjoy Max.

I have a list I should be working on but J wants to play a bit so I am enjoying that.

Cheryl - your post about D~ was so sweet. I too am quite impressed that D~ was able to plan, pay for and take an entire trip to Disney by herself. She should be so proud of herself and it was so wonderful for you to take the time to honor her efforts. Plus your comments about your age were cracking me up :rotfl2:

D~ when everyone comes to visit this summer, we can tell our personal journeys :grouphug::grouphug:....Christian wrote this poem (in 15 MINUTES) at age 11 after a heart-wrenching pregnancy loss we had at 14 weeks.

Our Angel’s Lullaby

God is so Great,
He’ll do you no Harm,
He is Rocking you Now,
In His Mighty Arm.

So do not Cry
Or Whine or Stir,
For God is Protecting
Your Heart so Pure.

Your arms Outstretched
So Light and Sweet.
Your Enemies,
God shall Defeat.

People Rejoice and
Idols will Fall,
At the sound of your Voice,
Your Cry, so Small.

Wrapped in a Blanket,
As White as a Dove,
As God sings His Lullaby,
Of Faith and Love.

Christian B.
Judy - this is such a beautiful poem :hug:

D~ I've been catching up on your PTR. First off, congrats on the new puppy. I don't know how you kept that a secret from your girls. I am not surprised that you are booked with orders until July but I'm still impressed that you schedule it all in and actually get it done!

Your trip sounds like it was lots of fun and I think you did a great job balancing your time in the parks with your down time. Keeping your girls energy level in mind probably prevented lots of teenage meltdowns. That is the nice thing about Disney, as your kids grow up you can enjoy different things at the parks and still have a wonderful vacation. I am not on Facebook and I can not wait for your Trip Report to hear about your Pixie Dust. One question: were you wearing your zebra shoes???

Glad you made it home safe and that the girls are feeling better. I'm sure Max will be keeping you guys busy. My DD loves to watch "Its me or the Dog" on the Animal Planet. The host of the show gives lots of great tips for training dogs and puppies. We do not have a dog but my DD insists on giving training tips to all of her friends and their families about how they should train their dogs. I'm sure they appreciate all the expert advice from a 10 year old that doesn't own a dog :rolleyes:

:lmao: Sorry found this funny but it definately has a different taste than what our family is use to.

Thanks, I meant it to be funny ;) I do understand part of it. Some areas in FL have sulphur water. It's treated before it gets to the sink, but it is used for irrigation in some areas at Disney. I have definately smelled it there! It kind of smells like rotten eggs :eek:

Thankfully we don't have it in our area!

love the name for Max :love: will keep Rufus' memory alive for you all :goodvibes good luck with the puppy training and house breaking :thumbsup2

wow you got a bunch of PP pics, looks like you are going to get you $$ worth on the CD!

yay on getting so many orders....does that mean you might be able to come to NC in Aug? dates are not set in stone just yet but probably 8/11 !

hmmm TR titles....how about

"I Sewed, We Came, We got Pixie Dust "

good luck getting the unpacking done...my least favorite thing to do after a trip

D~ I am so glad you had a sweet lovable puppy to come home too! Max is a FABULOUS name and he is so cute. I wish Rachel could come help you with the training, she IS the best, even at her age. I know Rufus will always have a special place in your heart, but your newest baby already does as well, I can tell! :goodvibes

For a TR name, how about Sewing paid for our trip, but Disney made it magical"...In view of all of the Pixie Dust you received. As you know, I don't FB...BUT, I can guess form the posts what the Pixie Dust was!!! :woohoo:

I want to Thank all who let me know that you who enjoyed Christian's poem. It was healing for him to write, and at age 21 his writing is even more amazing...

D~, I know you understand where I have been, just know I am still here!!!

Hi everyone...

I just wanted to stop by to let you know I started my TR tonight...

I apologize - I didn't look here before I named it - and I should have, because you all gave me some great ideas. I might change the title yet, but for now it's Sew much to do, Sew little time - but it was worth it
I will come back in the morning and respond to all of your comments today. :)

Until then, come and visit my new TR. :)

D~

Hi everyone...

I just wanted to stop by to let you know I started my TR tonight...

I apologize - I didn't look here before I named it - and I should have, because you all gave me some great ideas. I might change the title yet, but for now it's Sew much to do, Sew little time - but it was worth it
I will come back in the morning and respond to all of your comments today. :)

Until then, come and visit my new TR. :)

D~

Going to read now, the title is cool! :thumbsup2

Thanks... I figured that someone, somewhere might be inspired to dig out their old sewing machine after hearing my story... but, so far, no one has come forward. I've had a few people say that they've wanted to - but no one has actually come back saying they did. :confused3 Maybe I should offer incentive??? popcorn::

Okay, I'll confess. I was inspired. I touched a sewing machine for the first time in 21 years yesterday and, dare I say, it was kind of fun!

We booked a Disney trip for September, two weeks ago. We've not been in three years so of course we're all excited! I always do customs for my kids, but I don't sew, I embellish - paint, tie-dye, hand-sew trim and accents and decoupage. No sewing machine involved. I love doing the deco on my kids' jeans and shorts and they love wearing the stuff, but it does take quite a bit of time to complete one pair.
I found myself with an unexpected chunk of free time yesterday morning and was ready to start work on a new pair of deco shorts when I thought, "hmmm, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try some of this using a sewing machine..."

My mother-in-law sews. Really well and a lot! A few years ago she was trimming down her sewing machine collection (she had 6!) to the three she uses most. One of her old machines ended up at our house where I promptly dumped it into the closet (aka, the pit) with no intent of ever touching it. I had 9 weeks of sewing in 7th grade home ec. and that was the last of my machine sewing experience. :rolleyes1

The machine is a Brother, nothing too fancy and it had the manual with it! :thumbsup2 That was when I got determined to conquer my aversion to the machine. After I played around with the machine and the different stitches for quite a while, I was comfortable enough to take my shorts to the machine - and I had a leg finished in no time! :banana: Why had I been afraid of this thing for so long?! :laughing: At this rate, I could have an entire summer wardrobe of deco shorts done for my kids before summer even gets here!

Thank you for sharing your story! :teacher: It really has inspired me! Your work is beautiful!

Okay, I'll confess. I was inspired. I touched a sewing machine for the first time in 21 years yesterday and, dare I say, it was kind of fun!

We booked a Disney trip for September, two weeks ago. We've not been in three years so of course we're all excited! I always do customs for my kids, but I don't sew, I embellish - paint, tie-dye, hand-sew trim and accents and decoupage. No sewing machine involved. I love doing the deco on my kids' jeans and shorts and they love wearing the stuff, but it does take quite a bit of time to complete one pair.
I found myself with an unexpected chunk of free time yesterday morning and was ready to start work on a new pair of deco shorts when I thought, "hmmm, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try some of this using a sewing machine..."

My mother-in-law sews. Really well and a lot! A few years ago she was trimming down her sewing machine collection (she had 6!) to the three she uses most. One of her old machines ended up at our house where I promptly dumped it into the closet (aka, the pit) with no intent of ever touching it. I had 9 weeks of sewing in 7th grade home ec. and that was the last of my machine sewing experience. :rolleyes1

The machine is a Brother, nothing too fancy and it had the manual with it! :thumbsup2 That was when I got determined to conquer my aversion to the machine. After I played around with the machine and the different stitches for quite a while, I was comfortable enough to take my shorts to the machine - and I had a leg finished in no time! :banana: Why had I been afraid of this thing for so long?! :laughing: At this rate, I could have an entire summer wardrobe of deco shorts done for my kids before summer even gets here!

Thank you for sharing your story! :teacher: It really has inspired me! Your work is beautiful!

YAY!!! This is so awesome!!! I am so glad I've inspired you! I am so excited that you plan to make a bunch of customs for your upcoming trip - FANTASTIC!!!! I hope you'll come back and show us what you've made! :lovestruc

Oh and I forgot to say - I love that your MIL gave you a machine - then you have absolutely nothing to lose by learning - right? :lovestruc If you ever have any questions or whatever, please let me know - anyone here can answer almost any question you might have and they are always happy to help. You could also spend some time over over the Disboutiquer thread - they are many of the same ladies that post here, and they are soooo helpful!

Going to read now, the title is cool! :thumbsup2

Hi Shelia... I know you found my TR - but I just wanted to say hi anyways. :lovestruc

What an adorable puppy. Cant wait to read your tr!

Thanks! How are you doing? I've been thinking about you and praying that everything is going well. :hug:

D~

YAY!!! This is so awesome!!! I am so glad I've inspired you! I am so excited that you plan to make a bunch of customs for your upcoming trip - FANTASTIC!!!! I hope you'll come back and show us what you've made! :lovestruc

Oh and I forgot to say - I love that your MIL gave you a machine - then you have absolutely nothing to lose by learning - right? :lovestruc If you ever have any questions or whatever, please let me know - anyone here can answer almost any question you might have and they are always happy to help. You could also spend some time over over the Disboutiquer thread - they are many of the same ladies that post here, and they are soooo helpful!

I can't hijack your PTR, but I did post a pic over in the Disboutique thread. :goodvibes Luckily, this pair is for my older daughter, the next pair will be better! I can't believe I'm typing this, but...I'm off to sew now!

I can't hijack your PTR, but I did post a pic over in the Disboutique thread. :goodvibes Luckily, this pair is for my older daughter, the next pair will be better! I can't believe I'm typing this, but...I'm off to sew now!

OK... I"ll go check out the Disbout thread this afternoon...

I am so excited for you - you sound just like me when I started sewing! :banana:

D~

D-

Am just now getting caught up from the last few days. Glad to hear you made it back home and so excited to see your newest addition! Max is a perfect name for him. He is so cute! One of my dachshunds is AKC registered and is named Thor's Mighty Hammer. We call him Thor!

Just curious...were you able to get the snow globe home ok? Back in 2009 we were flying back from Disney and my son had picked out a snow globe as one of his souvenirs. We had it in our carry on because we didn't want to take the chance of it getting broken in a checked bag. TSA wouldn't let us through security with it. :confused3 Apparently it is a threat to security? Don't get me started..... The Disney store at MCO will ship it back home for you, but we didn't have time to get out of line and deal with it and then get back in line again. I was not happy and neither was my son. I ended up calling Parks Merchandise when I got home and was able to purchase another one for him. Hope you got home with yours. I wish I had seen your earlier post in time and I would have warned you ahead of time.

Glad to see you've started your TR! Can't wait to see your pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!