Sexy Pin-Ups Model Coffins for Funeral Home

olena

<font color=green>Emerald Angel<br><font color=mag
ROME (Reuters) - Death is hardly something to look forward to, but one Italian funeral home is trying to make the afterlife a tad more tempting by using bikini-clad women to sell its coffins.

On its site, the Rome-based funeral home and coffin factory Cisa features its hand-crafted caskets alongside models sipping champagne or reclining seductively on the lids.

"We wanted to make the whole idea of picking your coffin less serious, maybe even make people laugh a bit," Giuseppe Tenara, one of the partners, said.

Near-naked women are used to sell everything in Italy from computers to chocolate bars, but Cisa has taken the advertising ploy to new limits.

The page featuring the firm's "Madonna ( news - web sites)" coffin shows a pouting woman in zebra shorts and high-heel boots kneeling next to the casket, while in "Empire Style," a blonde donning a black G-string leans on a coffin and turns her backside to the camera.

"Unfortunately the site hasn't helped sales much, because we mostly get calls from far away places like Greece and Spain instead of Rome," Tenara told Reuters.

That hasn't stopped Cisa from creating an online "sexy calendar" with yet more temptresses frolicking among the coffins.

Still, not all clients have been charmed.

"Some people are scandalized, but we just explain that we're trying to make people laugh," Tenara said.

Olena, jfulcer posted a little about these coffins earlier today:

SEX AND DYING!!!

I'm still at the office but spoke to my DW about a possible Italian trip to help me inspect the "workmanship" involved.............she was NOT pleased ;) ;) ;) ;)

So, JOHNTBAP, you seem to be the resident expert around here about spirituality ;) ;) . Do YOU think that there's SEX in the afterlife or are all our fine, devout DISers set to enter an eternity of platonic love????????:confused: :confused: :confused: ......

Originally posted by EROS
So, JOHNTBAP, you seem to be the resident expert around here about spirituality ;) ;) . Do YOU think that there's SEX in the afterlife or are all our fine, devout DISers set to enter an eternity of platonic love????????:confused: :confused: :confused: ......

We can but hope. ;)

I went to the casket site on the web. They even have a Calander!
Guess the old "undertakers" can sit around the shop and look at "girly" calanders just like mechanics do:p :p :p

Steve

MAGGIO-GIUGNO.jpg

I think they are truly doing themselves a disservice. Has anybody noticed how beautiful those coffins are? Far better than anything I've seen at any funerals here.

.......But I doubt anybody has really looked at the coffins since they started their campaign!:) :) :)

Did any of you?:p :p

"Totally tasteless and inappropriate !"
I think is a little harsh but you are entitled to your opinion.

Who decided what should and shouldn't be used to advertise anything in the first place? They have been using pictures of "girls" to sell everything from hammers to milking equipment. I suppose that would be inappropriate, to have a "chesty" young girl advertising milking equipment or Dairy products ?
Funny because thats what my Great-grandfathers dairy did in
1929 !
As far as the necrophilia comment. Maybe you see those girls as being dead, but they looked pretty alive to me.

Steve

Careful Eros! She could be a member of the UNDEAD trying to lure us into the underworld, only to scour the earth looking for victims necks to bite.
But then again we would get to live in one of those cool handmade wooden caskets.

An interesting quandry don't you think !

Steve

Steve, I've been with a lady or two who may have been a member of the UNDEAD, but their bodies DEFINITELY made me willing to take the risk :jester: ;) :jester: ;) :jester: ;) ........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter