SF / BSM 60th Anniversary trip July 2015 SOLD OUT!!!!!

And we just booked our flights into San Fran and out of LA! I hope I got the dates right!?! So far away, but it will arrive sooner than we think!

We are flying in a couple of days ahead of time to get settled in and enjoy some free time in San Fran. Then we get to start our magical adventure!

Keith & Cathy

And we just booked our flights into San Fran and out of LA! I hope I got the dates right!?! So far away, but it will arrive sooner than we think!

We are flying in a couple of days ahead of time to get settled in and enjoy some free time in San Fran. Then we get to start our magical adventure!

Keith & Cathy

Who are you flying and what kind of price did you get? I haven't even started to look yet - lots of other travel first.

Val & I will almost certainly get to SF a couple of days early. We have so much more we want to see/do in that city.

Who are you flying and what kind of price did you get? I haven't even started to look yet - lots of other travel first.

Val & I will almost certainly get to SF a couple of days early. We have so much more we want to see/do in that city.

Jeff, we booked FF tickets on American so I wanted to get the seats quickly before they vaporized! On must have dates like this I always book early, just the planner in me. Currently working on pre ABD nights hotel. I would love to stay at the Fairmont, stayed there many years ago, but the cost is too $$$. So we will be staying elsewhere, yet to be determined. Leaning towards one of the Hilton's downtown, but still evaluating.

Jeff, we booked FF tickets on American so I wanted to get the seats quickly before they vaporized! On must have dates like this I always book early, just the planner in me. Currently working on pre ABD nights hotel. I would love to stay at the Fairmont, stayed there many years ago, but the cost is too $$$. So we will be staying elsewhere, yet to be determined. Leaning towards one of the Hilton's downtown, but still evaluating.

Yes, but have you told Cathy yet that the trip is booked?? :)

Dave

For those interested in Alcatraz, I just did a blog post about it a couple of days ago based on our trip in 2011.

http://14weeksworthofsocks.com/2014/08/31/alcatraz-photo-heavy/

I have started keeping an eye out for flights to the USA for that time period, chances of getting a cheap flight is next to zero but I'm hoping its not going to cost us $2000 each.

Once I have that locked in, I can look at pre nights in SF and possibly post at DL for a couple of days.

Thank you Air New Zealand for doing a special on flights to the USA - dates available through August next year! Woohoo - around $500 saved - each!

I have a couple of questions which might need to wait for Kevin for but someone else may know -

1) On the ABD website it says the SF portion starts at and including breakfast on the 11th July. Is the night of the 10th at the Fairmont included? Or do we have to haul our stuff there are the crack of dawn to meet for breakfast?

2) On the last day at DL - the 19th July, ABD can arrange transfers back to LAX - is this only available same day? Our flights back to NZ aren't until the following - does this mean we will need to arrange something ourselves for this?

Paula

Thank you Air New Zealand for doing a special on flights to the USA - dates available through August next year! Woohoo - around $500 saved - each!

I have a couple of questions which might need to wait for Kevin for but someone else may know -

1) On the ABD website it says the SF portion starts at and including breakfast on the 11th July. Is the night of the 10th at the Fairmont included? Or do we have to haul our stuff there are the crack of dawn to meet for breakfast?

2) On the last day at DL - the 19th July, ABD can arrange transfers back to LAX - is this only available same day? Our flights back to NZ aren't until the following - does this mean we will need to arrange something ourselves for this?

Paula
Paula, are you guys doing the SF piece first, then BSM? It does look as though the *normal* SF ABD starts at Breakfast, and you are expected to make your own way there in the morning (because it's listed as only 3 nights). That's kind of crazy. It almost forces you to stay at the Fairmont the night before. (Although there *are* plenty of other places in the area, and the Fairmont is right off the Powell-Mason Cable Car route.)

Sayhello

Paula, are you guys doing the SF piece first, then BSM? It does look as though the *normal* SF ABD starts at Breakfast, and you are expected to make your own way there in the morning (because it's listed as only 3 nights). That's kind of crazy. It almost forces you to stay at the Fairmont the night before. (Although there *are* plenty of other places in the area, and the Fairmont is right off the Powell-Mason Cable Car route.)

Sayhello

We will be arriving on SF on the Wednesday prior to the SF portion of the trip. I very much doubt we will stay at the Fairmont on the Friday night - we'd much rather stay somewhere else and get up early and drag our luggage there in the morning.

Last time Mum and I were in SF, we stayed at the Chancellor Hotel near Union Square - its a vintage, boutique hotel, built in 1906. Very rustic - we loved it! But they only sleep 2 in a room and as we are thrifty travelers, we may well choose somewhere that we can share a room with the 3 of us this time.

It was a great location though so likely we will pick somewhere in this area for convenience.

We will be arriving on SF on the Wednesday prior to the SF portion of the trip. I very much doubt we will stay at the Fairmont on the Friday night - we'd much rather stay somewhere else and get up early and drag our luggage there in the morning.

Last time Mum and I were in SF, we stayed at the Chancellor Hotel near Union Square - its a vintage, boutique hotel, built in 1906. Very rustic - we loved it! But they only sleep 2 in a room and as we are thrifty travelers, we may well choose somewhere that we can share a room with the 3 of us this time.

It was a great location though so likely we will pick somewhere in this area for convenience.
Last time I stayed actually *in* SF, we stayed at a B&B near Union Square. It *is* an excellent location. I'm sure you'll find something that can accommodate 3 to a room! :)

Sayhello

Just booked air into SFO on 7/9 and out of LAX on 7/19.

We are flying the friendly skies with United.

Kevin- on the last day, is it possible to fly out of Orange County (John Wayne) instead of LAX?

That is what we have done the last two trips to DLR, Kathy.
We've done that as well. Its a much shorter ride to SNA and the airport is easy to navigate.

We aren't quite ready to buy our flights for this trip yet. We need to concentrate on a few other sojourns first. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter