SF / BSM 60th Anniversary trip July 2015 SOLD OUT!!!!!

Please welcome Glenn to our Adventure.

I would have welcomed Kathy...but she welcomed herself. Her powers are greater than mine :)

This is it it Folks.

This is "the list".pixiedust:

These are your fellow travelers.

Kevin,
I see that the tour includes a segment that involves a bicycle tour. I'm wondering if there are provisions for those of us who might not care to ride a bike.

ABD requires you to ride the darn bike.:wave2:

Okay...that's not true.

We can shop or eat or shop and eat.

Either way...OUR butts won't be sore.:lmao:

If planning on Alcatraz, be sure to book this early. Val & I were in SF over Christmas for a week and all the Alcatraz tours were booked.

I second the booking early for Alcatraz - we booked online when Mum and I went in 2011 and the lines went for miles but we were guaranteed ahead of time so it wasn't an issue. We loved it! I actually plan on blogging about our visit fairly soon so I'll post the link once I do for anyone interested.

Jeff, since it soudns as if you have been their a few times, Have you looked at the trip and does it cover most of San Fran. We have never been but we don;t want to do things that are covered on this trip.

We are trying to decided if we need an extra day ahead of the trip

Val & I have actually been to SF only once. We spent 5 days there (just in the city) and could have enjoyed several more days. We never made it to the wine country or the redwoods.
As Kevin notes, These are three "typical" SF places that people head to. Of them, I wouldn't worry much about missing Fisherman's Wharf, but would recommend a walk along the various piers for some picturesque places. I'm not sure how much of Chinatown we will see during the ABD section, but its a fun place to just wander. Many of the shops are repeats of the one three doors down (or even next door) but its fun anyway. A ride on the cable car is pretty much a requirement of any trip to SF.
You can also tour the Haight/Ashbury section of town (a requirement for those of a certain generation) and a trip across the Golden Gate to Sausalito is highly recommended.

We had 5 days in SF back in 2011 and could also have easily done a couple of extra days - about the only thing on the ABD trip we have already done is the Disney Family Museum - but excited to be going back there.

I'd say if you can swing it, definitely go a few days early - SF is great, so much to see and do. We most likely will go arrive 2-3 days early as Robert has only been to SF airport in transit and never the city.

We actually never did get to ride the cable car :) Maybe this time? ;)

We did love the heritage street cars though - I blogged about it here

Woo-hooo!!! I found room to squeeze in!
I'll add myself to Kevin's list!! (I'm powerful that way :wizard: )

YAY! that's so awesome!

Found this story in today's LA Times about some good places to eat in the LA area. Perhaps we will have a chance to try one of them. The Grand Central Market sounds interesting.

Okay, we're still a long way off, but this looks pretty cool. Every year there is a Taste Of Farmers Market event. This past year it was held in mid-July. I have my fingers crossed that they will have this again in 2015, and that it will be held when we are on the Hollywood part of the tour.

Video of event
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=goTAp1zUznE

Link to events page of LA Farmers Market website. Click on July 2014 and you will find a link to what each stand was offering as well as the event flyer.
http://www.farmersmarketla.com/events

Jason

Okay, we're still a long way off, but this looks pretty cool. Every year there is a Taste Of Farmers Market event. This past year it was held in mid-July. I have my fingers crossed that they will have this again in 2015, and that it will be held when we are on the Hollywood part of the tour.

Video of event
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=goTAp1zUznE

Link to events page of LA Farmers Market website. Click on July 2014 and you will find a link to what each stand was offering as well as the event flyer.
http://www.farmersmarketla.com/events

Jason

This looks like it would be so awesome
It showed they did group discount too:cool1:

10612645_10202541677039298_7552253353139337229_n.jpg

I hope all is well out there...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silverado-Vineyards/254004790172

Hi Folks,

Here is the list of Folks participating in this Adventure:

Let the planning, plotting and obsessing begin! :cool1::cheer2::cool1:

Karen - apurplebrat
Kaye- A Purple Mom
Jason - jwren1234
Jeff - OKWLover
Val - OKWLover2
John - Tardis1029
Micki - NYCMM
Keith
Cathy
David
Sharon
Jim - jmccormick
Linda - Jim's wife
Mark - mnra
Susan - Mark's wife
Matthew - DisMatt
Christopher
Mike - K5mjh
Ian - son of K5mjh
Scott
Diane
Paula - PaulaSillars
Robert - Paula's Hubby
Marian - Paula's Amazing Mom
Julie - julie96
Steve - Julie's husband
Jimmy - Julie and Steve's son
Glenn
Pete - WebmasterPete
Dustin - Dustin
John - WebmasterJohn
Kevin - DisneyKevin
Kathy - WebmasterKathy
Hey Kevin,

You forgot to add us to the roll Call

Alta - SleepingAriel28
Marjorie - Alta's Mom (Disneynana I think)
Jamie - Nephew/Grandson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!