Shades of Greeen

ksmom

Mouseketeer
Our daughter is in the military so she can use SoG. I've heard they're closed for renovations so if we try to make a reservation will they put us at another resort with a military or discounted rate? We're trying to plan for next summer.

You can book SOG 53 weeks out. SOG is being rehabed until at least next fall(they are running behind!), and guests booked there will receive a room at the CR north garden wing AT the SOG rate. If you do not want this, or if it is booked, you can request a room at any of WDW resorts(and maybe some offsite?)for a great discount. I don't think you can request this "overflow" resort rate this far out though. I think the mousesavers site has some of the rates, phone numbers etc for SOG on the resorts page. :)

Yes, all SoG guests are being placed in the North Garden Wing of the Contemporary Resort while the SoG renovations are taking place. The price for the CR room is the same as the price you qualify for (based on rank) for SoG. However, unlike SoG the 11%Florida sales/lodging tax is being charged. You can also reserve a guaranteed ground floor lake view room for just $10 extra/night. All in all, it's a absolutely fabulous deal. Our 11 night stay is costing $928, tax and water view included.

From what I understand, "overflow" rates cannot be utilized unless SoG has no availability for the times that you'll be vacationing. While the overflow rates are also great, they are quite a bit more than the normal SoG rates. I would recommend booking as soon as you can, SoG normally runs at >95% occupancy. The toll free # to SoG is 888-593-2242. They are open 8-5 M-F EST.

I have read that during the SOG expansion only, you CAN request overflow rates even if the SOG CR rooms are not booked :D ! Diffferent rule for the time being:cool: !

Thanks,
I'm going to call the number and see what's available. She won't know her summer schedule until later but we'll see what they have to offer. On property we've only stayed at the BC, loved it but wouldn't mind the CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter