SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Big, did you add tax to WDW’s price for the AP?

On WDW’s website, when I did a checkout of just the pass at $1,449.00, I have a total of $1,543.19, as 94 dollars in tax was added.

When I added the $99 extra for water fun, got a total of $1,648.62, with 100.60 dollars in tax.

So WDW for both, one just pass and one with water or photo pass add - $4,785.94

At SOG for both just pass and photo pass add - $3900

No tax on the SOG’s price.

So I’m going to buy my 2 AP at Shades. Will save me almost $885 dollars ( it’s 884 and change) over buying directly from Disney, when we are buying one regular and one with the photo pass.

Big, did you add tax to WDW’s price for the AP?

On WDW’s website, when I did a checkout of just the pass at $1,449.00, I have a total of $1,543.19, as 94 dollars in tax was added.

When I added the $99 extra for water fun, got a total of $1,648.62, with 100.60 dollars in tax.

So WDW for both, one just pass and one with water or photo pass add - $4,785.94

At SOG for both just pass and photo pass add - $3900

No tax on the SOG’s price.

So I’m going to buy my 2 AP at Shades. Will save me almost $885 dollars ( it’s 884 and change) over buying directly from Disney, when we are buying one regular and one with the photo pass.
I did. Shades was ~ $50 more pre-tax.
$1549 at WDW, $1596 at Shades.

Last edited:
Right, but you are still saving tax as that $1549 at WDW will give you at total of $1648.62. Versus paying $1596 at Shades. I bought at SOG, as 50 dollars savings will buy me at least a meal. But that’s up to you.

Right, but you are still saving tax as that $1549 at WDW will give you at total of $1648.62. Versus paying $1596 at Shades. I bought at SOG, as 50 dollars savings will buy me at least a meal. But that’s up to you.
Right, and I will go that route when I buy them, I’m just wondering why the difference.

I don’t know, Big. Maybe Disney doesn’t want them to give such a savings on APs, when you buy from the military, but I do know that different ITT offices sometimes have different ticket prices. So I compare.

But I couldn’t find any other, including my own, that sells that out of state only available pass, but SOG. And for me, it seemed to be even a bigger savings, as I saved the tax on my other not adding any extra pass for my daughter.

And I had a typo, as checked my receipt, as I paid 3090 for my two passes, not 3900. And with math I did above, I would have paid Disney 4700 for both of our passes. So a bigger savings I found by buying both at SOG. I got even luckier, as had a very quick, and very knowledgeable CM that, turned our vouchers into our APs the other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts