SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Maybe someone can help me out with these magic band questions.

We may be staying at SOG for three nights before we move to the Poly. Can we use our Magic Bands for those first few days? We will be doing two park days and have FP for those days we are at SOG. If everything is linked to our Disney account and we have our Magic Bands from the Poly portion of our stay will they work in the days before we check into the Poly? Trying to avoid having to purchase bands for those first few days.

Maybe someone can help me out with these magic band questions.

We may be staying at SOG for three nights before we move to the Poly. Can we use our Magic Bands for those first few days? We will be doing two park days and have FP for those days we are at SOG. If everything is linked to our Disney account and we have our Magic Bands from the Poly portion of our stay will they work in the days before we check into the Poly? Trying to avoid having to purchase bands for those first few days.

Yep. Your magic band is really just a link to your MDE account. We use old ones from other onsite stays when we stay at SOG. They won’t open your door there or allow you to do room charges, but they will be fine for admission to the parks, FPs, and memory maker.

Yep. Your magic band is really just a link to your MDE account. We use old ones from other onsite stays when we stay at SOG. They won’t open your door there or allow you to do room charges, but they will be fine for admission to the parks, FPs, and memory maker.

Thanks! We have plenty of old ones that I knew we could use. My son's girlfriend is coming, and this will be her first trip so she doesn't have any old ones. I am hoping her poly one will be good. I wasn't sure if the bands were active before you actually check in. Looks like she should be all set! Thanks again!

Thanks! We have plenty of old ones that I knew we could use. My son's girlfriend is coming, and this will be her first trip so she doesn't have any old ones. I am hoping her poly one will be good. I wasn't sure if the bands were active before you actually check in. Looks like she should be all set! Thanks again!

She’ll be fine. As soon as you receive your bands they’re good to go.

One thing I always do is go by Guest Services to have our MagicBands checked (we tend to get into WDW in the late afternoon and don't hit the parks until the next morning). On this past trip, even though I had loaded everything into MDE, my FIL's Military Salute ticket was not loaded onto his MB. So, we got that corrected. Then, we found out the next day that they had somehow deleted all of his FPs. Because we were such a large party, the CMs let him go through with us anyway. We got that corrected the following morning when Guest Services added those FPs back onto his ticket. But throughout the remainder of our trip, I was not able to schedule a rolling fourth FP for him via MDE.

I just wanted to give a warning/heads up. :)

OMG!!! I have been waiting and waiting for this information! I just got an email from SOG about ordering tickets and I found it odd since my trip is in March. Jumped on here to see if anyone has been talking about this and found out I can link the reservation! My only trouble is that I have 2 rooms booked under my name at SOG and it won't take me off the second room so that I can put my brother on. I will have to call IT to get some help with that.
Has anyone been able to book the length of stay at 60 days or is it still day by day at SOG?

Just curious to see how/if you were able to work this out? I also have 2 rooms booked under my name. When I bring up the reservations in MDE, resi #1 has me and a spot for my 2 kids and resi #2 has me and a spot for my girlfriends 3 kids. Thus, no way to change the adult on resi #2 to my girlfriend. Hence, cannot select fastpasses for my GF in MDE

If I change it online with SOG, it changes the adult for both reservations.....not sure if my phone call needs to be to Disney or SOG to resolve this.....

Just curious to see how/if you were able to work this out? I also have 2 rooms booked under my name. When I bring up the reservations in MDE, resi #1 has me and a spot for my 2 kids and resi #2 has me and a spot for my girlfriends 3 kids. Thus, no way to change the adult on resi #2 to my girlfriend. Hence, cannot select fastpasses for my GF in MDE

If I change it online with SOG, it changes the adult for both reservations.....not sure if my phone call needs to be to Disney or SOG to resolve this.....
With our 3 room reservations, my name shows in each of the 3 rooms. However, I had no issues getting FPs because the linking of the park tickets to each person is done separately.

I have a reservation at SOG in January and another in May. Neither show on MDE. Did you have to enter them or did they just show up?

I have a reservation at SOG in January and another in May. Neither show on MDE. Did you have to enter them or did they just show up?

I have a reservation for August, and needed to link it manually in MDE - I copied each reservation number (2 rooms) and pasted into MDE in the "link reservation" area and it found it and populated my name as guest #1 in both reservations, and have placeholder variable (GUEST_NUMBER_TWO or similar) and I then modified each one to link to people in my MDE family and friends list.

With our 3 room reservations, my name shows in each of the 3 rooms. However, I had no issues getting FPs because the linking of the park tickets to each person is done separately.

But how does the fastpass system know to grant me access at the 60 day mark for staying at SOG if after i link a park ticket to my girlfriends name if she isnt on the room reservation from the start? wouldn't it only allow her 30 days out since she doesnt have a disney hotel to link against?

But how does the fastpass system know to grant me access at the 60 day mark for staying at SOG if after i link a park ticket to my girlfriends name if she isnt on the room reservation from the start? wouldn't it only allow her 30 days out since she doesnt have a disney hotel to link against?

In order to link your reservation in MDE - it's easiest if you are on a desk top computer...

*On the main page once you are logged in, there will be a spot that says something like "not seeing your resort reservation?" Click that - it brings you to another page...

*You type in your resort confirmation # from the email you received from SoG when you booked, and the last name your reservation is under, and it adds all of your info into MDE... At that time - at your 60 day mark, you will be able to do FPs (IF you have your tickets purchased, activated and linked!!!!)... This also allows you to do your ADRs at 180+10!

According to SoG - there could be up to (or more) of a 2 week delay. I was able to do mine right away, and others have not. I anticipated this being a possibility when Disney announced the Friendly Neighbors resorts getting this option - so I purchased and linked my tickets months ago in MDE, on the "off chance" this would be possible for SoG guests before our trip. :)

Good luck - and if you can't get it linked, I'd call - either SoG or Disney or both. :)

D~

I tried to link my May reservation and it wouldn’t go through. I am going in early January and will ask for help at Guest Services.

Did you enter a 13 digit # with SB in the middle? I think my problem is I changed my original reservation and now have an 8 digit reservation #.

Did you enter a 13 digit # with SB in the middle? I think my problem is I changed my original reservation and now have an 8 digit reservation #.

Try the original #. When I changed a reservation, even though they sent that new shorter #, I still had to use the original one to pull the reservation up online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter