SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Do you have to link the names, if they have tickets linked? Mine wouldn’t let me link names because in the Disney app, because we have 3 adults on our SOG reservation and Disney lists as kids?

Yes I had to link names manually from those placeholder values and don't remember if I chose names from my pick list or entered names manually and then MDE found the name, but it did then match up with people on my list. Whether a person had a ticket or not was not a factor, as I made the reservation several months ago and just got tickets this past week.

If you have trouble linking yours and you suspect that it's because of the adult/child classification, you can call/email SOG and ask them to adjust the reservation to the proper mix and try again.

We were there this past Jan and used Uber with no problem. Got one at the airport and it took us to the front doors of SOG , as well as getting one to return us to the airport.

We were there this past Jan and used Uber with no problem. Got one at the airport and it took us to the front doors of SOG , as well as getting one to return us to the airport.
Oh perfect!!! Was getting uber cheaper than going with a town car service? What if you have 4 people in your party?

I have a question for those who have stayed at SOG before (June will be my first time). If I wanted to get to HS an hour before RD, would you recommend a bus from the poly? I think that may be our only option to do that (uber is not an option, unfortunately)

I have a question for those who have stayed at SOG before (June will be my first time). If I wanted to get to HS an hour before RD, would you recommend a bus from the poly? I think that may be our only option to do that (uber is not an option, unfortunately)
That is what I would do. The SOG buses leave later than the regular Disney buses.

Anyone have experience with renting a car from the Alamo onsite? We usually rent a car from the airport and drive due to the fact we have multiple off site trips planned. Prices have been outrageous compared to previous years. Looking at getting a town car to get to SOG and using Alamo for excursions. Just looking for insight on ease of use.

Anyone have experience with renting a car from the Alamo onsite? We usually rent a car from the airport and drive due to the fact we have multiple off site trips planned. Prices have been outrageous compared to previous years. Looking at getting a town car to get to SOG and using Alamo for excursions. Just looking for insight on ease of use.
I know they have limited hours of operation, but likely could still do night drop and not have to pay parking fee.

We rented from them, in the past, for our Universal visit and it was very easy. We liked the flexability of having the car vs using the shuttle or car service.

Yes, take the bus from the Poly. However, based on our experience with the Poly bus to DHS, make sure you arrive at the Poly bus stop an hour and a half before park opening, especially on an EMH day. I know this may sound a little excessive, but we have had long waits for the DHS bus, and you should try to get on an early bus to eliminate delays.

@edk35 I do not know what a town car service cost. We were a party of 4 and it cost us $47 each way, prices are always changing however this is just what we paid in Jan.

Yes, take the bus from the Poly. However, based on our experience with the Poly bus to DHS, make sure you arrive at the Poly bus stop an hour and a half before park opening, especially on an EMH day. I know this may sound a little excessive, but we have had long waits for the DHS bus, and you should try to get on an early bus to eliminate delays.
I’m normally a 6:30am for 8am opening kinda gal anyway, so that works out ;) Thanks for the tip!

Oh perfect!!! Was getting uber cheaper than going with a town car service? What if you have 4 people in your party?
We always get a town car service no matter where we stay on property. A town car with them would fit 4 people and luggage. If you PM me I can provide the name of the company we use, we've worked with them at least 3 times in the last 6 years and they're wonderful!

Yes I had to link names manually from those placeholder values and don't remember if I chose names from my pick list or entered names manually and then MDE found the name, but it did then match up with people on my list. Whether a person had a ticket or not was not a factor, as I made the reservation several months ago and just got tickets this past week.

If you have trouble linking yours and you suspect that it's because of the adult/child classification, you can call/email SOG and ask them to adjust the reservation to the proper mix and try again.
Just to Followup...it fixed it self over the weekend. Not sure if it had anything to do with being close to my 60 days but everything worked out.

What is instacart??
It's a grocery delivery service, from what I found online. I have never used it, but I looked at prices. I don't know if bell services would accept perishable items? I'm planning on using Amazon Prime, we are just getting non-perishables delivered plus sun screen etc..

It's a grocery delivery service, from what I found online. I have never used it, but I looked at prices. I don't know if bell services would accept perishable items? I'm planning on using Amazon Prime, we are just getting non-perishables delivered plus sun screen etc..
You'd have to check with SOG specifically about the perishables, but I do know the regular WDW resorts all have fridges in Bell Services to keep perishables til you pick them up.

Does anyone know if there are showers by the fitness center or pool? Trying to figure out logistics for after the Wine and Dine half and getting a shower in if we are cutting it too close to check out time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!