SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I contacted SOG through their Facebook page and they responded that the path would only be closed through the 23rd of March.
I’m so hoping that’s true! We’re planning on walking over Sunday night to meet friends who are staying at the Poly for drinks and fireworks. Really don’t want to have to bus it to TTC

It's pretty bad that SoG has better bus service to the waterparks than the Disney resorts do! Yikes!

Thats a great perk for SoG! We've never stayed there but I always order our tickets from them!

We have always relied on Disney transportation when we stay at SOG, but last summer it was an epic fail.
Monorail was constantly down, busses were late, etc. For the first time ever we had to turn to SOG buses, and they saved the day! :worship: I now have a new found appreciation for SOG transportation. It may be different, but it gets the job done.

I've been trying to figure out exactly what part of the path they will have closed. Sounds like it's on the Polynesian side, after you cross the street maybe?

Glad to see it will be available again as of tomorrow, since we leave next week and had definitely planned to visit the Poly a few times while there.

I’m so hoping that’s true! We’re planning on walking over Sunday night to meet friends who are staying at the Poly for drinks and fireworks. Really don’t want to have to bus it to TTC
Just wondering if the path is now open as they had said it would be, and how your trip at Shades was. Thanks!

Just wondering if the path is now open as they had said it would be, and how your trip at Shades was. Thanks!
Yes it is open!!!! We used it many times during the trip if our timing with buses at SOG didn’t work out! Got home today and we had another fabulous vacation! Everyone at Shades was pleasant and polite even during a super busy week!

Yes it is open!!!! We used it many times during the trip if our timing with buses at SOG didn’t work out! Got home today and we had another fabulous vacation! Everyone at Shades was pleasant and polite even during a super busy week!
Thanks! I am hoping for a terrific time at Shades as well.

The Alamo at SOG is only open from 08:00 to 12:00. Does anyone know if they have a drop box?

A few questions.... does the tv play the nightly classic Mickey Mouse cartoons and Duffy? Is there any disney theming or "feel" in the hotel or is just a generic room/hotel? Is the parking fee waived for those with a handicap placard (like at Disney resorts)? Thanks!

Last edited:
A few questions.... does the tv play the nightly classic Mickey Mouse cartoons and Duffy? Is there any disney theming or "feel" in the hotel or is just a generic room/hotel? Is the parking fee waived for those with a handicap placard (like at Disney resorts)? Thanks!

The only real Disney decoration there is the statue that's in my picture there. It's not a Disney resort. I will say my kids love it there as the rooms are sizeable and they can lay out there things and play. They like that there's a balcony on every room. They love the splash area. They enjoy the buffet.

They do have Disney junior and Disney channel on their tv lineup.

When I was
In 2012 parking was free with handicap plaque. Don't know now. For decor think chalet, a much smaller Wilderness lodge. Grounds are beautiful and the pools and hot tub is great. As well as a 450 square foot room with balcony, couch, and table and 2 chairs.

Also beer and alcohol much cheaper than resorts. Love a pina colada frozen by the pool. And since only 600 rooms doesn't feel as crowded. And has a Starbucks in the side lobby.

Think country Club. literally a golf a country club, but with out snobs

What SOG lacks in Disney theming, it certainly makes up for it in other areas. When you are in the parks you are immersed in Disney; that said SOG is a wonderful oasis away from the noise and crowds. They do have a cute little seating area for kids in the lobby where they can watch Disney films. It's a nice place to chill out and enjoy some great homemade ice cream after a long day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter