SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thinking about booking a short trip at SOG, and have a few questions.

Can anyone confirm if the resort offers room service, and if so does anyone know where I can view a menu?

Are there any pool bars that serve drinks at either of the pools?

I am pretty sure the Bistro has food to go or will deliver to your room. The last time we stayed there we got a pitcher of beer from the sports bar and drank it pool side.

Thinking about booking a short trip at SOG, and have a few questions.

Can anyone confirm if the resort offers room service, and if so does anyone know where I can view a menu?

Are there any pool bars that serve drinks at either of the pools?

Yes, room service is available. I have only seen the menu in our room, and as I recall it was limited.
Evergreens Sports Bar & Grill near the Mill Pond Pool has a bar. There is a small snack bar on the golf course just behind the Magnolia Pool, but I think they only serve beer and wine, and they close quite early.

Last edited:
At the moment I'm stuck between 2 standard rooms at Shades of Green or 3 rooms at one of the All-Stars. The party is 3 (stubborn) adults and 1 kid, which means no one is willing to share a bed and two of those adults refuse to sleep in the same room. They both snore and complain the other does. Spoiler: They both do. :rolleyes1 The adults are myself, my older sister, and my dad, with my son rounding out the group. Anyone with experience getting two rooms here? Like if anyone had done something similar and requested rooms close to each other, whether it happened or not?

At the moment I'm stuck between 2 standard rooms at Shades of Green or 3 rooms at one of the All-Stars. The party is 3 (stubborn) adults and 1 kid, which means no one is willing to share a bed and two of those adults refuse to sleep in the same room. They both snore and complain the other does. Spoiler: They both do. :rolleyes1 The adults are myself, my older sister, and my dad, with my son rounding out the group. Anyone with experience getting two rooms here? Like if anyone had done something similar and requested rooms close to each other, whether it happened or not?

We have had great success getting adjoining rooms. Just have your request noted on your reservation.

It has been a few years since we have stayed at SOG. Do all of the upper floors in the Palm Wing have balconies? Is that something we need to request ahead of time? We have a standard room, not a pool view. Anyone have a favorite room to request?

Thanks!

Has anyone used the baggage service for departure? Just wondering how it went and if your bags made it.
Yes, we did last visit. I was skeptical to try it, but DH likes to streamline everything about travel, and wanted to try it. DH got up early and went down with all our bags, since we had a later flight wasn't necessary for all of us to get up at that time, a certain time he had to be down there with the bags for service to MCO. Went great, didn't have to deal with bags at MCO, bags made it to destination no problem.

It has been a few years since we have stayed at SOG. Do all of the upper floors in the Palm Wing have balconies? Is that something we need to request ahead of time? We have a standard room, not a pool view. Anyone have a favorite room to request?
As far as I know, yes. I can't remember seeing any side of the upper Palm without them. You can put a floor preference or other detail such as close to elevators, etc., in your reservation as a request as you probably know. We have faced both the golf course and the lagoon several times. I've always asked for Palm on the reservation minus one time, and got that side every time I asked. The one time I didn't we were on the Magnolia, non-pool view on the north side golf course I believe it was, but I asked to switch rooms after checking in over an issue on that balcony, and went back over to the Palm and was happy with it. Next time we go back to SOG, we may try the Magnolia pool view and is closer to Evergreen's.

Yes, we did last visit. I was skeptical to try it, but DH likes to streamline everything about travel, and wanted to try it. DH got up early and went down with all our bags, since we had a later flight wasn't necessary for all of us to get up at that time, a certain time he had to be down there with the bags for service to MCO. Went great, didn't have to deal with bags at MCO, bags made it to destination no problem.

Awesome! Thank you!!

I love the Bistro to Go (especially the quesadillas!) and have to stop myself from eating there too many nights ;) The menu is available here: https://www.shadesofgreen.org/dining-drinks/bistro-go They offer room service, but I've just always popped down to the stand on the ground floor and order/pay there and wait (I don't think it's ever been more than 5-10 minutes).

Do all of the upper floors in the Palm Wing have balconies?

We've been on the Palm side once and Magnola twice. One Magnolia room was on the ground floor so we had a patio, but the other Magnolia room and the Palm room were upper floors and both had balconies (that were large enough for my dad to roll out onto in his manual wheelchair...but beware because he managed to lock himself out there one time! And I was in the bathroom... :rotfl2:). Both were standard rooms as well. And while I've been running around the grounds I've never noticed that any of the rooms *didn't* have balconies or patios...

Awesome! Thank you!!
Sure. It was done at the window/desk area by where one drops off/pick up passengers and luggage pulling up to resort. Ask there the time and procedure. Very specific on being timely with bags, I believe they pick up at other resorts so must stick to schedule, though can’t confirm but I recall DH saying something about that.

Sure. It was done at the window/desk area by where one drops off/pick up passengers and luggage pulling up to resort. Ask there the time and procedure. Very specific on being timely with bags, I believe they pick up at other resorts so must stick to schedule, though can’t confirm but I recall DH saying something about that.

That is no problem! It will be nice to not worry about our bags as our light is later in the day. :)

Same boat, our flight is at 530pm on our check out day, so I would like to check the bags so we can have lunch ant Morimoto's and relax at DS before leaving. Great to hear a bit how it works.

I just asked my DH tonight a little more about our baggage he arranged service for, and he said he registered at the desk there 24 hours in advance to desired baggage service. But, it was something he stopped and inquired about early on in our stay since he heard about it before hand. He said it was 7am when he had the bags down there, they were specific about being on time, if I recall we had a 1pm flight, but for later flights there was an 11am bag service. They tagged it he said just like at airport, printed out luggage tag. Once you check in to the SOG, if interested I'd recommend walking over to that front area and get any of the latest updates how they're doing it, how to sign up, the time for dropoff, and what other info they want. Our trip I'm talking about was just this April, but you know things always change.

I just asked my DH tonight a little more about our baggage he arranged service for, and he said he registered at the desk there 24 hours in advance to desired baggage service. But, it was something he stopped and inquired about early on in our stay since he heard about it before hand. He said it was 7am when he had the bags down there, they were specific about being on time, if I recall we had a 1pm flight, but for later flights there was an 11am bag service. They tagged it he said just like at airport, printed out luggage tag. Once you check in to the SOG, if interested I'd recommend walking over to that front area and get any of the latest updates how they're doing it, how to sign up, the time for dropoff, and what other info they want. Our trip I'm talking about was just this April, but you know things always change.

Thanks for the great info! I will be sure to check on it when we get there. We are a group of 7, so it would really make things easier!

Been a while since I've stayed at SOG you still get your advanced 180+ dining and 60+ fastpass don't you?

Been a while since I've stayed at SOG you still get your advanced 180+ dining and 60+ fastpass don't you?

Yes on the fast pass. I was not able to book the 180+ this year for dining. It showed me what reservations were available on MDE but would t let me make them. I called and the Cast Members couldn’t book them either. So either I hit a glitch, or we don’t qualify for the early dining reservation.

It made getting Ohanas super hard for us.

Does anyone know which airlines Shades can check the baggage for? We are flying back on Frontier and want to make sure we still get the free baggage (typically you have to do this at the airport with Frontier).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter