SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

@angelmav Glad you had a great stay! Also, thanks for sharing your Sunstate experience. I'd wondered about them previously.

And happy to hear everything stayed intact for you! :)
Our reservations have consistently fallen out of MDE when staying at SOG the past three stays (It's never happened to us after we've booked FP or checked-in though! Yikes!) Last time WDW IT had put some sort of hold - after my about my 3rd call about it - I was worried since our 60-day was approaching. It never fell off again. The tech CM reassured me we'd get our FP back if something did happen since it was something on their end. (I brought a print out of our itinerary anyway! lol)

One other oddity I should mention about SoG, all of the ATM's there have a $200 limit. So unless you bank with that particular ATM, taking out money there will result in A LOT of fees if you are trying to take out a decent amount. I wound up using a Chase ATM at Disney Springs. Just an FYI that I found pretty strange.

@angelmav Did you take the bus to Hollywood Studios? How was the walk from the bus stop to the park entrance? Last time we went was when they were ripping things up in prep for the Skyliner, so the SOG stop was further than it had been in previous years.

@angelmav Did you take the bus to Hollywood Studios? How was the walk from the bus stop to the park entrance? Last time we went was when they were ripping things up in prep for the Skyliner, so the SOG stop was further than it had been in previous years.

It was still a pretty decent walk. It was past the Skyliner, I don't recall where it was previously, but it sounds like it hasn't moved post skyliner. The bigger issue was at AK, where you are dropped kind of in the middle of the parking lot, and there is no actual stop to wait at.

While we were there, our resort reservation fell out of WDW's system of the THIRD time and they started sending me emails threatening to cancel my FP's. Because we had already checked in, they could not do anything about it. That was annoying. They told me not to worry about the FP's, and they never did cancel them, but it was still a bit nerve wracking.
Sounds like a good stay. I hope this doesn't happen with our reservations, though I believe Disney will be good about the FPs. I screen shot my FPs before I go, a bit of overkill for sure. They seem to still have that weak WiFi issue in spots it sounds like. We've had that happen before. We do have our unlimited data plan we switch to instead.

Sunstate not good, thanks for the tip. We have been using Uber pretty successfully to and from MCO.

I also enjoyed the Magnolia spa and Mangino's. Overall, I love SoG, and will be staying there again next visit.

Is there anything unusual going on at Shades of Green over the next several months (renovations taking most of the rooms out of commission or something?) I was looking for availability in mid February (not presidents day weekend or Valentines day!) and was surprised it was already fully booked? I already have a reservation at at a Disney owned property but was just trying to see if I could get the costs of our trip down.

Is there anything unusual going on at Shades of Green over the next several months (renovations taking most of the rooms out of commission or something?) I was looking for availability in mid February (not presidents day weekend or Valentines day!) and was surprised it was already fully booked? I already have a reservation at at a Disney owned property but was just trying to see if I could get the costs of our trip down.

They are all booked for January (except for a couple of days) as well. We are waitlisted for a couple of days at the beginning of our trip. Feb 15-19 has availability, but that's about all. Also, not much in March or April- but that's to be expected I think.

They are all booked for January (except for a couple of days) as well. We are waitlisted for a couple of days at the beginning of our trip. Feb 15-19 has availability, but that's about all. Also, not much in March or April- but that's to be expected I think.
Thanks! So I guess it's just that it's all booked. For some reason I feel like it didn't book so fast a few years ago? Our dates are Feb 8-13.

Thanks! So I guess it's just that it's all booked. For some reason I feel like it didn't book so fast a few years ago? Our dates are Feb 8-13.

I made my reservations in July, and already two of my days were unavailable- but it's the WDW marathon days, so that's probably why in my case. I thought July would be earlier enough to book SOG, in a slower season, but I was wrong!

We were booked for mid-Nov but had to cancel after I broke my ankle almost 10 weeks ago and had surgery 8 weeks ago today to put in a plate and screws on my fibula. I'm still in PT and weight bearing in a boot, but will be going into an ankle brace this week. PT also involves my knee that I also dislocated which is what caused me to fall and land on my ankle so our trip became a no go. We were supposed to leave this Friday on the Auto train and do a b2b cruise on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas and then 5 days at SOG. We've rebooked the cruise for next fall and will be rebooking SOG in a few weeks. This time though, our adult sons and their wives will be joining us at SOG/WDW. So, three rooms. It will be the first time we've all been to WDW together since they were 12 and 14 in 1998. We are not going to be joined at the hip like I see some groups doing. We are getting them rooms and we'll have a couple of meals together and meet for drinks a few evenings. Probably SOA as a group, but other than that, everyone is on their own. So much easier than trying to make everyone do the same thing all day long plus we all like different things. I guess the easiest way to do that is to let each couple do their own MDE with their SOG res # so they do their own FP and parks and I'll make SOA reservations for all of us since that doesn't require a room res. Has anyone run into any issues doing a group that isn't constantly together?

We were booked for mid-Nov but had to cancel after I broke my ankle almost 10 weeks ago and had surgery 8 weeks ago today to put in a plate and screws on my fibula. I'm still in PT and weight bearing in a boot, but will be going into an ankle brace this week. PT also involves my knee that I also dislocated which is what caused me to fall and land on my ankle so our trip became a no go. We were supposed to leave this Friday on the Auto train and do a b2b cruise on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas and then 5 days at SOG. We've rebooked the cruise for next fall and will be rebooking SOG in a few weeks. This time though, our adult sons and their wives will be joining us at SOG/WDW. So, three rooms. It will be the first time we've all been to WDW together since they were 12 and 14 in 1998. We are not going to be joined at the hip like I see some groups doing. We are getting them rooms and we'll have a couple of meals together and meet for drinks a few evenings. Probably SOA as a group, but other than that, everyone is on their own. So much easier than trying to make everyone do the same thing all day long plus we all like different things. I guess the easiest way to do that is to let each couple do their own MDE with their SOG res # so they do their own FP and parks and I'll make SOA reservations for all of us since that doesn't require a room res. Has anyone run into any issues doing a group that isn't constantly together?
Wow sorry about your accident! I hope having a new trip to plan for is helping your recovery go faster!

We are planning a 3 room large group trip too. Planning to book 1-2 FP together around 11, then some days we’ll probably do QS lunch together, split up all afternoon and meet for dinner and fireworks most nights. Also planning some rest days where everyone will do their own thing. We have all the kids/cousins who want to be together so that’s why we’re planning adult touch points. Figure we can swap out kids a few times a day based on what they want to do!

So sorry to hear about your accident. That is a lot to go through! I hope you continue to feel better.

We've done a trip with a group of 15. We spent most days together, but there were lots of times we'd split off or stay in the same park but swap kids (usually thrill and non-thrill seekers). We booked a couple of TS meals together (that was the tricky part since we didn't plan at 180 days and it was tough getting 15 people at the same time frames even breaking it up into smaller groups) and we mostly did QS, sometimes together, sometimes not.

Originally I'd booked rooms for everyone at SOG but the other families decided to rent a house while we opted to keep our SOG reservation. It worked out fine! We usually met up at the parks in the mornings and/or whatever fast-passes we had made together.

All the best as you recover! And happy planning :)

Thanks! I'm making lots of progress overall. Heck, a few weeks ago I couldn't even get upstairs to get in the shower (which requires a shower chair). We've been sleeping on our reclining sofa in the family room so one of my next goals after I get the ankle brace is going upstairs to sleep every night. It's just lots of little steps. My DH stayed home with me, using all his PTO and going two weeks without pay until I could easily get to the bathroom. That came with time and I went from scooting around in an office chair to now walking (holding crutches but not really using them much) This is his third week back at work. I have a ton of sick leave accrued (Fed Gov employee who rarely used sick leave) so I'm good. Right now, I plan to go back NLT the week of Thanksgiving, but I still have like 3 months of leave on the books. You just have to look at it as a process and in the end it's a small blip. I haven't let it get me down at all and I think attitude has a lot to do with recovery. I'm looking forward.

We have a b2b cruise in May so that's one of my focuses right now, as well as getting through the holidays.

What did you end up using? We arrive in a few weeks and I was thinking about prime now. My issue looking at the webpage is that they have no cases of water. However, I am wondering if that’s a supply issue due to Dorian.

I do t remember the PX having big cases
We ended up using Instacart delivery from Publix. Our flight had several delays and we weren’t there for delivery. The lady who delivered it just dropped it off with no name and the bell service guy was frustrating to work with (I was tired and cranky and didn’t help, so we just butted heads). He wanted an itemized list in order to give it to me, and it seems like I was the only delivery they had.
My wife stepped in and eventually we both calmed down. I think next time I will use a different service and not order until I am there.

Can Minnie Vans pick up/drop off at the main building at SOG? Specifically can they get through the gate? Also, does anyone know how much would it cost from Hollywood Studios?

We ended up using Instacart delivery from Publix. Our flight had several delays and we weren’t there for delivery. The lady who delivered it just dropped it off with no name and the bell service guy was frustrating to work with (I was tired and cranky and didn’t help, so we just butted heads). He wanted an itemized list in order to give it to me, and it seems like I was the only delivery they had.
My wife stepped in and eventually we both calmed down. I think next time I will use a different service and not order until I am there.
It's a good idea to wait until arrival if you can for ordering if possible, I agree. We used Instacart last visit with no issue, they had our name and we got a notice on text they were delivering so was able to meet at the bell service area quickly since we were already at the resort and not a park day.

It's a good idea to wait until arrival if you can for ordering if possible, I agree. We used Instacart last visit with no issue, they had our name and we got a notice on text they were delivering so was able to meet at the bell service area quickly since we were already at the resort and not a park day.
I agree. We had our delivery scheduled for a few hours after we arrived; the delay on our flight messed us up.

We were supposed to be at SOG this week (after a b2b cruise), but back at the end of Aug I broke my ankle and dislocated my ankle and knee and had to have surgery to put a plate on my fibula so we cancelled everything. We just called and made reservations for next Nov. This time though our two sons and DIL's will be joining us at SOG. We're doing a b2b cruise the two weeks before and they're meeting us at SOG for 5 days.

Can Minnie Vans pick up/drop off at the main building at SOG? Specifically can they get through the gate? Also, does anyone know how much would it cost from Hollywood Studios?
Yes, the Minnie vans can drop off at the main entrance. You just have to show your resort ID at the gate. A Minnie van from Beach Club was around $30 with tip. I think we had a discounted price.

Yes, the Minnie vans can drop off at the main entrance. You just have to show your resort ID at the gate. A Minnie van from Beach Club was around $30 with tip. I think we had a discounted price.
Thank you, very helpful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter