Shades of Green Eligibility

mpk33

Earning My Ears
There is a line in the eligibility section that made me wonder if the following scenario is allowed. The line states

"I’m a sponsor. Can my spouse stay here without me?
Yes. The sponsor does not have to be present as long as the spouse has a valid dependent I.D. card at check in."

My question is:
I'm a sponsor. Can my dependant children stay here without me (with their grandparents who are not eligible). The dependants have valid ID's.

Thanks

You should call Shades of Green for a definitive response, but i would expect "no." The person with the ID would need to be legally able to enter into a contract, and in whose name the reservation would have to be , and the one to actually check in.

There is a line in the eligibility section that made me wonder if the following scenario is allowed. The line states

Yes. The sponsor does not have to be present as long as the spouse has a valid dependent I.D. card at check in."

My question is:
I'm a sponsor. Can my dependant children stay here without me (with their grandparents who are not eligible). The dependants have valid ID's.

Thanks

When my husband was in the military and I took my mom, sister, and her 3 children to Disney, we stayed at the Shades of Green. I was the one who had to do the check in and "be responsible" for anything that happened while on the resort. I was the dependent, but I carried the ID and that's all the Shades of Green needed to know.

When my husband was in the military and I took my mom, sister, and her 3 children to Disney, we stayed at the Shades of Green. I was the one who had to do the check in and "be responsible" for anything that happened while on the resort. I was the dependent, but I carried the ID and that's all the Shades of Green needed to know.
Thus, if you think about it, the OP's child dependents cannot "be (legally) responsible" for anything and so cannot be eligible in the absence of an eligible adult.

My question is:

Thanks
I think the key wording is "spouse" that would be the dependent.

Thus, if you think about it, the OP's child dependents cannot "be (legally) responsible" for anything and so cannot be eligible in the absence of an eligible adult.

Not applicable here but, It would depend if the "child" dependent was 18 or over. When I was 20 I held a dependent ID as the "child" when my DF was active duty.

Do you think if the dependent "child" was over 18, they could? I always just assumed the answer is no. My husband is retired military so our college age son has a dependent ID card.

Do you think if the dependent "child" was over 18, they could? I always just assumed the answer is no. My husband is retired military so our college age son has a dependent ID card.

Again the important word is spouse....so the answer would still be no.

UPDATE: I just called and apparantly my scenario is allowed. As long as the dependants are under 18, and show valid ID (under the sponser), they are eligible to stay with their ineligible grandparents. The sponser (me) needs to book the room and the sponsors name must be on the dependants ID cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!