Shanghai Airport Transportation

Flounder89

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there will be a shuttle bus from Pudong Airport to the resort? Or is a taxi the way to go? I would prefer being able to avoid taxis, I heard the drivers don't speak any English. Thanks!

It is definitely true that taxi drivers in general do not speak any English at all - mine certainly didn't! As far as I'm aware, there is no shuttle bus. Your only other option would be to take the train. If you're not in a hurry, the train system is convenient enough and easy to use. You'd have to take the Maglev, then change onto Line 16, then change onto Line 11 from there. I'm guessing it would take you a bit less than an hour. If you do decide to take a taxi, I think you would eventually get through to them by saying 'Shanghai Disney' (it's pretty much the same, just said in a different accent - the s in Disney is pronounced 'sh' for example). Otherwise see if you can find someone who is bilingual (airline staff perhaps) and get them to write down the name in Chinese for you. Or perhaps go to the hotel page on the Shanghai Disneyland website and print it off in Chinese.

Mmm... I don't know what to think of this article. I would check with Disney itself.

At first they say in the article 2x a day, morning only, 5x a week... that's not a lot. Same for return but then in early evening.
Then from the 16th, on average 2x hour, but nothing before 8am and after 730pm. So now late arrives then.
Don't really get why the information about the buses to Changzhou is in here, according to googlemaps that's miles away from Disney.

Also Disney doesnt display this on their own website. They have this on bus transportation, but I think that's from the city center only and not (necessarily) from the airport:
https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/guest-services/bus/

As I read it, this is not dedicated bus between the airport and Disney.
For those living in China, is the ticket fare what you would pay? 2RMB is about 0.25 euro cents... that seems very cheap. Especially as the article above has fases as 30 Yuan (I take it RMB and CNY is the same??)

If there was a direct connection between Disney and the airport why wouldnt they put it on the website? Especially on the English website, the pages your international visitors are most likely to go to.

Mmm... I don't know what to think of this article. I would check with Disney itself.

At first they say in the article 2x a day, morning only, 5x a week... that's not a lot. Same for return but then in early evening.
Then from the 16th, on average 2x hour, but nothing before 8am and after 730pm. So now late arrives then.
Don't really get why the information about the buses to Changzhou is in here, according to googlemaps that's miles away from Disney.

Also Disney doesnt display this on their own website. They have this on bus transportation, but I think that's from the city center only and not (necessarily) from the airport:
https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/guest-services/bus/

As I read it, this is not dedicated bus between the airport and Disney.
For those living in China, is the ticket fare what you would pay? 2RMB is about 0.25 euro cents... that seems very cheap. Especially as the article above has fases as 30 Yuan (I take it RMB and CNY is the same??)

If there was a direct connection between Disney and the airport why wouldnt they put it on the website? Especially on the English website, the pages your international visitors are most likely to go to.

It is on the website...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 9
It is on the website...

Yes that's the link in my post. But those three bus lines do not depart from the airport but from stops in the city. Chuansha Terminal is a bus terminal about 30 minutes by metro from the airport, Nanhui is in the city center and the last one is some where in between.

When I look at the map of Shanghai it doesnt make sense for any of those locations to first to go to the airport and then to Disneyland.

If there was transportation from the airport then you would put that on your website as 'from Pudong international airport: go to arrivals level etc.' And another one 'from Hongqiao airport...' that's how all the other Disney parks website have it, then why not Shanghai?

The only thing they mention is:

From the Airport
Located in the Pudong New District, Shanghai Pudong International Airport is a short distance from Shanghai Disney Resort, with convenient transportation that makes getting around effortless.

But on the pages of each transportation it doesnt mention anything about the airport. Also for the metro, it doesnt specify how a guest has to get to metro 11. That's just not very customer friendly.

The article from the Chinese newspaper is also on the website of the airport, but only as an article. If you go to the website of the airport and look at all the forms of ground transportation Pudong airport has, Disney is not on there. Also the fares and the times in the article do not match what is on Disney's website for the 3 buses. It's 10 times as expensive on the site of the airport.

Also if there are bus line numbers known, then why are the numbers 50/51/52 not in the article (on the website of the airport it's posted on the 17th of June, so after the park opened) .

It's just weird.

As my trip is in the far future, so I can wait for other reports, but if my trip was soon, I would contact Disney.

Oh sorry I totally misinterpreted the buses as Pudong meaning the airport, not the general area...thanks for pointing that out! I visit in September, so I hope there will be more info by then, or we will try to take a taxi...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter