Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneyland March 17 – Day 7 Complete in Hong Kong Proper; 12/04

Yay!! Hong Kong! Looking forward to this part of your trip report (not that the rest hasn't been fabulous)

A nice final tour of the Shanghai grounds.

Yikes to the airport run!

Wow, that was some dinner!

Since we usually stay in the values at WDW, the hotel looked lovely to me!

Sad to say goodbye to Shanghai. Close call on your flight!

Hong Kong looks awesome...your dinner looked (mostly) delicious! That scaffolding....eek!

Good to see your mom again! Say hello to her for me!

Jill in CO

Sad to leave Shanghai, but at least you still have HKDL. What a feast you had with your friends! Were these the same friends from your last trip? Too bad the hotel was looking tired.

I miss Hong Kong. If they built Disneyland when I was a kid there I wouldn't have immigrate to Canada..... Now I am stuck in the cold half of the year and have to spend tons of money to visit a Disney park!

Thanks Wendy for giving me your opinion on the two rides. The "wild mouse style" you mention was probably the bit I didn't like so perhaps I will find Tron a more enjoyable ride. I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and do it. My son would probably hesitate about going on it without me so I'll just have to suck it up I guess hahaha.

I have just come back from our trip from China including Shanghai Disneyland. I am a total wimp when it comes to rollercoasters and thrill rides. I absolutely loved Tron.

I definitely went into the shop.

I love this pattern. The tote in that design followed me home.

But I didn’t buy anything.

That is quite a result. If I had some more luggage allowance to play with, I could have done some serious damage to my credit card. I loved the merchandise had Shanghai Disneyland.

Thankfully, that was when I checked our boarding time. YIKES!!! That’s when I realised I had 5 minutes left to get to the gate.

Oh dear, I am glad that you noticed in time.

I have to say that Shanghai Airport staff were exceedingly helpful at this point. There was a person standing near us and when we pointed out the boarding time to them, they waived DM and I out of the long queue and into the VIP queue.

That was good of them.

Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland!

I can't wait to read all about this as this is now the only Disney park missing in my collection (until June hopefully).

For me, given that I have half a chance of conversing in Cantonese, it was a relief to come back to an Asian country where I had a chance of conversing with the locals in 1.5 languages.

That would definitely be an advantage.

Now, some 4 years on, the hotel was looking a little tired and in need of a makeover.

What a shame.

Our friend’s theory about picking places to eat when in Hong Kong is the higher the floor, the better the food. I think Level 10 is about the highest I’ve been to when in Hong Kong.

That is a useful bit of information. I will keep this in mind for next year.

And not just any kind of Japanese. It was a cook-our-own Hibachi style dinner.

That sounds amazing.

Corinna

I’m SO far behind with your TR, but have just caught up on the last page and am going to work my way backwards until I remember where I got up to. :rolleyes1:laughing:

Great pics as always, but I have to ask - what are those 4 desserts? The black one looks particularly interesting.

All caught up. Scary nearly missing the flight! Maybe it was coming fresh from new Shanghai shoeed uo HKDL hotel more, nice pics of course. How on earth did you fit in a 2nd desert after such a huge meal? Your mum has hollow legs - lol!

I loved your trip report. We have just booked ABD China for this summer and plan to add on a few days in Hong Kong to start and some post days in Shanghai. You have answered many questions and I am so excited to try the Tron and Pirates rides at Shanghai Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!