Shanghai Disneyland Annual Pass.... worth it ?

niwa565

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone

Me and my girlfriend are visiting shanghai for the very first time this coming September. We are staying on property from 9/7 to 9/12 and intended to visit the park at least 3 days or more during our time there. With those amount of days, would it benefit to get the annual pass over just buying regular day by day pass ??

I look on their website, and it seem like the Weekday + Sunday Annual Pass is being advertised at 1599 CNY per pass. This on the surface seem like a cheaper deal compare to day by day pass option which cost 575 CNY per day pass, especially consider the Annual pass also include in the 20% discount bonus perks at restaurants and shop. Seem too good to be true base on typical Disney Annual Pass price cost here in the USA, dont know if there are something else I'm missing.

And also, would it be better to buy the annual pass online now or buy it at the hotel when we are there ???

We did the 1/2 year pass (the annual pass didn't exist yet when we went last November)... But I imagine it works the same...

I'll paste what I wrote in a previous post -

½ Year Pass

We ended up going with the ½ year pass as it made the most financial sense given the number of days we were planning on being in the park. Here are some things we learn that might be helpful to others who are considering.

There are discounts on food and merch that are all redeemed by linking your pass through WeChat. Once your pass is linked, you will have coupons that you can scan to receive discounts. When you link your pass, it will ask for a phone number to activate, we used our north american numbers to receive the SMS code to activate. Each pass needs to have it’s own phone number if you plan to activate passes on different phones.

The big ones we ended up taking advantage of:
  • 20% off Food (not including snack kiosks) - we learned that this could only be used 5 times a week. The coupons reset each Monday.
  • 20% off Merchandise - I believe there is also a limit on this one, but we did not hit it.
  • 100 RMB off 300 RMB purchase of Merchandise - Each pass is provided with 3 of these coupons to use. It’s a good way to save on souvenirs if you buy them all together.
  • 100 RMB off 3 course meal at Royal Banquet Hall - this worked out to better than the 20% off.
  • Food Republic at Disneytown (a food court type area) offers 10% off if you show your ½ year pass. This was not done through WeChat. I just showed my ticket.
Here's the link to my whole post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/shanghai-tips-observations.3720705/#post-59983876

And also, would it be better to buy the annual pass online now or buy it at the hotel when we are there ???

I would wait to purchase the pass when you are there. As either way you will need to go to the main gates to pick up your pass as this cannot be done at the hotel conciege. That way you will avoid any redemption issues trying to "claim" an already paid for pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!