Shanghai Disneyland running series

Nice! I got my Chinese visa for a trip last year and this would give me an excuse to use it again. If the 10K is timed (unlike Paris) I would seriously consider it.

Here’s the the link to the official press release. https://news.shanghaidisneyresort.com.cn/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=8&id=665

This weekend happens to be the same weekend that Hong Kong Disneyland has held their running event for the past two years and is a week before Disneyland Paris RunDisney weekend. This event, as well as the last two Hong Kong Disneyland events, are organized with the local park partnering with the main local running organization.

At the 25th WDW RunDisney legacy celebration it was stated that they plan to have RunDisney events at all parks around the world. I wonder if Hong Kong will be happening this year...and how about Tokyo?

Here’s the the link to the official press release. https://news.shanghaidisneyresort.com.cn/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=8&id=665

This weekend happens to be the same weekend that Hong Kong Disneyland has held their running event for the past two years and is a week before Disneyland Paris RunDisney weekend. This event, as well as the last two Hong Kong Disneyland events, are organized with the local park partnering with the main local running organization.

At the 25th WDW RunDisney legacy celebration it was stated that they plan to have RunDisney events at all parks around the world. I wonder if Hong Kong will be happening this year...and how about Tokyo?
Tokyo isn't owned by Disney at all and doesn't have a ton of space being in the middle of a city. Not sure it would be feasible at Tokyo.

Tokyo isn't owned by Disney at all and doesn't have a ton of space being in the middle of a city. Not sure it would be feasible at Tokyo.
Disney Sea is my favorite park and I’ve been to Tokyo Disneyland many times. It actually is on an “island” just outside downtown Tokyo. The parks themselves would be great for runs as the pathways are 2-3x as wide as DLR and WDW. Much like DLR, a 5k could be run entirely within across both parks. A 10k and potentially a half marathon could be run both in the parks and on the road that encircles the two parks that sits just outside the monorail line. The Urayasu City Sports Park sits adjacent to the two parks and could be leveraged for start/finish. I’d expect a local partnership with the Tokyo Marathon Group as they are best experienced with multilingual hosted events.

Disney Sea is my favorite park and I’ve been to Tokyo Disneyland many times. It actually is on an “island” just outside downtown Tokyo. The parks themselves would be great for runs as the pathways are 2-3x as wide as DLR and WDW. Much like DLR, a 5k could be run entirely within across both parks. A 10k and potentially a half marathon could be run both in the parks and on the road that encircles the two parks that sits just outside the monorail line. The Urayasu City Sports Park sits adjacent to the two parks and could be leveraged for start/finish. I’d expect a local partnership with the Tokyo Marathon Group as they are best experienced with multilingual hosted events.
Someday I’ll get to Tokyo. Sounds like it could work but I’m just not sure it’s something OLC would want. Those parks as I’m sure you know are very popular and get very crowded. So it would have to be something they could clean up well before park opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts