Share your budget?

Hello! Does anyone have there end cost for an escape with no add ons? I know there must be a service fee or something for the cake being served so just looking at what the final end result would be! thanks!!

Nope no service charge. If you have no adds the price is as quoted on the website.

Oh wow I assumed there would be something! However I imagine it would be hard not to add extras such as chairs and champagne toasts for more guests? I'm continuously going back and forth between a memories and an escape!

Chairs are included in the package price. If you have more than 6 guests they suggest you add more Champagne (about $65/bottle), but you could also tell them to do half pours to get more out of the bottle.

Upgraded chairs are not included. So if you don't like the plastic folding chairs they use and want Chiavaris, you'd have to pay for those.

OK thank you! I wasn't sure if they added chairs at all or if all was extra! Does anyone have an ending price for their escape ? No extras added? I keep going back and forth between escape and memories!

As @Chilly mentioned, the end price for Escape is exactly what you see on Disney's website if you don't add anything (so $5,000, $6,000 or $6,200, depending on location). The package includes tax and service charge. There are no added or hidden fees for anything provided in the package. Your only other costs would be the things Disney doesn't provide: officiant, formalwear, a meal, accommodations, etc.

I am planning a Wishes wedding and honestly reading thtough these posts have developed a fear that I will not be able to afford it. I was given the estimate of 17k.
Includes 30 guests brunch buffet, they said I have to spend a minimum of 8k in florist/dj/culinary/photography and transportation. How likely do you think it will be that I can manage to keep it 17k or under...?

Thirty is a nice manageable number. You will be able to stick to that budget just fine. And if you switch to the Catered Event Experience pricing by having your brunch on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, you'll save even more!

It depends on how many extras you want. If you want a park shoot and characters and the carriage? $17K may not cut it, but if you're fine with fewer of those elements, you're fine.

This is such a helpful planning thread. Are there any more recent budgets that people are willing to share?

We are having a Wishes wedding in a few months for my daughter - estimated at 50 people. We will definitely go over the numbers I will give you. These numbers are rounded off too.

Floral - $6,000
Food & Beverage $21,000
Photo & Video $12,000
Entertainment $10,000
Transportation $2,100
Surprise $2,000 -

This does not include the Reverend/license fees, the obvious hair and make up in the room, extra tips & goodies (food & some decorations) for the room while we get ready.

I absolutely love Disney, and it has always been my dream to get married there (next year!) but almost $54K absolutely blows my mind @AnnaS (and 21K just for food and bev?!) That's one of the reasons we're looking at S&D for the ceremony.

I absolutely love Disney, and it has always been my dream to get married there (next year!) but almost $54K absolutely blows my mind @AnnaS (and 21K just for food and bev?!) That's one of the reasons we're looking at S&D for the ceremony.

Food is crazy. Disney barely gives you anything. Compared to home weddings, really not much. Our cocktail hour/pre-reception here at the catering hall have a ton of foods. At least for my sons and most of the ones we have attended. Also when you pay the catering hall for the meal, they don't charge you for the room.......it's one package - Disney you pay for location for ceremony and reception venue.

We hare having a sit down plated lunch. There were three appetizers - we are up to 6. We upgraded linens, chairs, personalized menu, etc. etc. Open Bar with premium liquor and open bar for Dessert party.

We could have had a wedding here at home for at least 200 people. My dd has always wanted a Disney wedding. She told her brothers they were not getting married in Disney :) - my dd and future son-in-law met in Disney during the College Program. He proposed in Disney too. I just hope and pray all goes well and for the first time will say, I hope it exceeds my expectations. I don't usually say that so there is no disappointments.

Food is crazy. Disney barely gives you anything. Compared to home weddings, really not much. Our cocktail hour/pre-reception here at the catering hall have a ton of foods. At least for my sons and most of the ones we have attended.

It sounds like you might find the "How to Have a Wishes Wedding for the Minimum Expenditure" episode of the Disney Wedding Podcast helpful. There is no need to have 6 different appetizers at a Disney wedding, because they replenish everything—appetizers and all the items on the buffet—continuously throughout the meal. Nearly every Disney bride I interview mentions that there was way too much food.

It sounds like you might find the "How to Have a Wishes Wedding for the Minimum Expenditure" episode of the Disney Wedding Podcast helpful. There is no need to have 6 different appetizers at a Disney wedding, because they replenish everything—appetizers and all the items on the buffet—continuously throughout the meal. Nearly every Disney bride I interview mentions that there was way too much food.

Yes, but compared to what we normally have here for the cocktail hour, this is nothing. We have way too much food here - we always say that but we wanted a few "choices". I also have to think about the people that are allergic to seafood and vegetarians.

Family and friends are traveling to my daughter's wedding. I want to make sure they don't need to go get food after they leave ours. Even though there is only so much food one can eat at a seating/time, I am sure none will have had breakfast since the ceremony is early. I have heard of weddings - in general - where people have to stop by McDonalds on the way home.......wether there was not much or it was no good.

I am actually worried that we don't have much as far as decorations/floral at the reception. We will be fine though. Don't want to overthink this also.:rolleyes:

Thank you though - much appreciated. You are always very helpful :)

I wrote these numbers down from the front page we were given. Each page has a more detailed break down. I think the food and beverage has the venue location prices in there. From a quick estimate in my head , food and beverage is about $15,000. Another instance - Vintage car is under "Entertainment". Our total cost in the end will be between $54k-$56k - and keeping fingers crossed :rolleyes2

Last edited:
My daughter is getting married Sept 8th and I’d happy to share our cost. 57 guest count
We are doing a prereception/cocktail hour (3 appetizers and open bar). Buffet dinner with open bar and cake. $14,200
Entertainment Mickey and Minnie and DJ $3050
Florist $6800
Fireworks and venue fee for Epcot reception $1300
Photography/Videographer $7800
Transportation $1200
Wedding Pavilion $5300
Grand total $40K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!