Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

Loooong trip report also keep in mind these procedures might change for the AP preview:
CM Preview with 3-7 slot
Arrived at DHS around 1:30pm, CM event entrance was to the right of the tapstiles, a lot of CM with pads scanning paper tickets.
We had one stop before going towards Grand Avenue, arrived around 2pm and got checked (ID and CM ID) and were told we could go right in, they are allowing CM to go inside an hour before the scheduled slot. Also no time limit inside the land. We stayed from 2pm until 9pm
We took our time walking around, first impressions, the land feels bigger than what I imagined, everywhere you look there's something to see, even in the Resistance area.
You walk in through the Resistance area, known by the locals as the old outpost or the ruins, the A wing and X wing are there, plus 2 merchandise carts and of course the entrance for RotR
Then you encounter the marketplace or you can go to the right and find Droid Depot and Savi, this area is called the Landport
The marketplace looks amazing and although the stores are small, I believe if they were any bigger it would contrast with the theme. Like someone said on another thread,the stores are actually quiet hot, they need so fan mechanisms in there of some type. We arrived here during a thunderstorm and CM are allowed to stay in this marketplace because they have put a lot of protection against lightning (not in theme but for safety) With the rain, you don't get as wet inside the marketplace but it does become very, very humid.
I was upset that I didn't find a mug I was looking for, apparently it already sold out but they are waiting for a new shipment, I got my Black Spire Outpost hat here.
The droid depot was my number one big purchase. And I loved every second of it, there was no line and managed to get in and out in about 20 minutes. This and Savi were the only 2 places they were taking CM discount, bout the Droid and backpack and came out to almost $100. I also got a personality chip for $13. Once we left the store my droid was beeping and booping around the droid depot area, the first order area, the marketplace and resistance area, there was no reaction in the queue or the MFSR attraction. I am a droid person since I was little, my favorite character is R2D2, so I'm very happy with him.
We heard that CM had been able to try Oga's without a reservation so we swung over and they told us they were taking standby only when the line was short, at that time, around 3:30 the line to go in was pretty long just for the people with reservations, so we kept exploring
Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities is amazing, so much to see, so many easter eggs for all sorts of SW fans, I could easily spend an hour there just looking.
We saw MFSR had a 15 min wait so we went on it, I actually wished I had more time in the queue, again very detailed plus the banter between the 2 workers that comes over the speakers (forgot their names) is super funny. First go on it we were gunners, my daughter told me to just press the big button before the ride that was flashing to put it on auto aim and then all you do is press the firing button. it was really fun, not my favorite attraction on WDW but better than most for sure, plus you're inside the MF. I did quiet well as a gunner. We tried later in the evening around 7:30pm the line wait was posted at 20 minutes and this time we got pilot, and yes, it is probably the best position just because you are, well, the pilot, and it's actually not hard. I did the left pilot so I just had to steer the ship left and right, the right pilot goes up and down and punches the hyperspeed. I am a sucker for pratical effects to my favorite attractions at WDW are HM, SE and was GMR, but this is easily one of my top 5. Also the ride will highly depend on the group of people you're with, we were all excited and shouting instructions and reacting, if you are with a group that doesn't react it will not be as fum.
On to the food: tried the blue milk with alcohol and I loved it, the serving portion was really large actually, I was expecting the little cups but this was a full cup. Did not try the green (can we really call it that? it's more yellowish than green) but will do it next time. AT Docking Bay 7 had the ribs and the chocolate dessert, both were delicious, and Ronto Racers had the Gold Leader wheat beer, loved it, and tried the Kat Saka popcorn with the mouse droid popcorn bucket, again I didn't think I would enjoy this but actually did. So the food was a hit for me.
The land didn't feel overly crowded until 5pm rolled around then you could definitely see the last group of people arriving, especially around the marketplace it gets busy
Now the thing that I was probably most excited about, other than building my droid, is the interactions and all of the citizens of Batuu were on point, the obvious Rising Suns greetings were used, but, for example, I was waiting for my DD to buy the popcorn and a Batuuan approached me and asked if I was enjoying my adventure, we started chatting and he told me he's from Galma, a settlement on the outskirts of Blaack Spires and that it was a crime ridden place which is why he was working for Dok at the market but him and his brother had a little bit of an ilegal setup back home and were trying to save credits to buy a podracer engine....this was done with every Batuuan we encountered while waiting for things and it was so much fun to talk to them. It made the immersion feel complete.
Once the Play Disney app opens up there will be a lot more to do, there are things scattered everywhere that will interact with the app so can't wait to check that out.
From the time we set foot in Batuu until around 8:30pm we saw characters roaming constantly, stormtroopers, Chewbacca, had an amazing interaction with Rey and with Vi Moradi, you are walking around and they are just roaming, it's super neat. Kylo has yet to arrive at Batuu.
Special mention to the photopass photographers, they are everywhere and are seriously dedicated to take an awesome picture, I will share some of my photopass pics with you below. I took over 300 on my phone so I'll try and sort through those as wekk and share some here
So remember how I said I was the pilot the secon time around, I was so hyped after that ride, we went straight to Oga's to see how the standby was looking and they said the could take us, I go to grab my phone and see that I dropped it inside the ride, so I can now say I lost my phone in the MF :) they found it and I got it back.
Anyways Oga's Cantina is super fun, the atmosphere, the lighting, of course DJ Rex, the wait staff is amazing. I went to pay for my drink and used my Vader chase card and she said, why do you use his credits? he scares me, and I've only heard legends :D again super fun interactions.
Final thoughts: the land is absolutely beautiful, so many details it is impossible to take them all in, the noises above your head of the ships are so cool, I would say for the regular Disney Park goes you could easily spend 3 hours exploring, eating and going on MFSR, for the avid SW fan you need a lot more time to take it all in. I really hope the CM don't loose their backstory connections and interactions
If you have any questions feel free. I will be uploading pics in a bit (my DD is still sleeping and she was a lot more pics than I do)

Can't wait for my Sept 2020 trip!!! Thanks for your review...makes me that more excited :) Feel like I'm going to tear up when I see the MF lol

Another thing I wanted to say. Bright Suns or Rising Moons is being used by everyone you encounter, but they could also say hello. Management has told the CM that they don't need to use the greeting if they don't want to. The CM are encouraged to get as much as possible into the story, but I also had 1 CM at the Droid Depot tell me MTFBWY.
I asked my DD who works at MFSR if MTFBWY is encouraged as a departure greeting, she said that they can use it but not often because SWGE is set between 8-9 and by then there was no real Jedis left, it was all legend at that point so MTFBWY wouldn't be used on a daily basis.

@yulilin3 THANK YOU! Great report! We were watching along your live streams yesterday and watched your droid depot one today. It looked liked you just had the best day! Can't wait to be in Batuu in 10 days!!

@yulilin3 THANK YOU! Great report! We were watching along your live streams yesterday and watched your droid depot one today. It looked liked you just had the best day! Can't wait to be in Batuu in 10 days!!
It seriously was the best day ever. And to share it with my daughter and all the viewers was an added treat. Can't wait for the play app to be operational

@yulilin3 thank you so much for your detailed trip report! I absolutely can’t wait for our preview day! Only 10 more days!! I’m a lot more excited about the food and making a droid after reading your review.
I was as giddy as a child on Christmas when my droid was getting activated, then walking around the land and hearing him beep and boop was cool

Maybe I'll end up spending more time in GE than I originally planned lol
It's really how you approach it. For me the land's expectations were really high, my priority eas never the "ride" but the entire experience.
People going into it just for the ride will likely be disappointed, the ride is fun and all, and it has re rideability potential cause you want to get better, but it's not the best thing I've ever ridden at Disney world. But if you go in with a sense wonder and adventure and exploration you will have a blast

It's really how you approach it. For me the land's expectations were really high, my priority eas never the "ride" but the entire experience.
People going into it just for the ride will likely be disappointed, the ride is fun and all, and it has re rideability potential cause you want to get better, but it's not the best thing I've ever ridden at Disney world. But if you go in with a sense wonder and adventure and exploration you will have a blast

I'm excited for the land as whole. I'm not huge on the Star Wars Universe outside of the movies, so I may not be looking for every detail. But the buddy i'm going with is, he reads all the books, etc. I have the day planned out, but I'll let him decide how long he wants to be in GE

I was as giddy as a child on Christmas when my droid was getting activated, then walking around the land and hearing him beep and boop was cool
I’m most excited for hearing it boop and beep everywhere lol. How much are the backpacks without the discount you got?

Thank you so much for the detailed report!
Can't wait until the 16th to land in Batuu. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Loooong trip report also keep in mind these procedures might change for the AP preview:
CM Preview with 3-7 slot
Arrived at DHS around 1:30pm, CM event entrance was to the right of the tapstiles, a lot of CM with pads scanning paper tickets.
We had one stop before going towards Grand Avenue, arrived around 2pm and got checked (ID and CM ID) and were told we could go right in, they are allowing CM to go inside an hour before the scheduled slot. Also no time limit inside the land. We stayed from 2pm until 9pm
We took our time walking around, first impressions, the land feels bigger than what I imagined, everywhere you look there's something to see, even in the Resistance area.
You walk in through the Resistance area, known by the locals as the old outpost or the ruins, the A wing and X wing are there, plus 2 merchandise carts and of course the entrance for RotR
Then you encounter the marketplace or you can go to the right and find Droid Depot and Savi, this area is called the Landport
The marketplace looks amazing and although the stores are small, I believe if they were any bigger it would contrast with the theme. Like someone said on another thread,the stores are actually quiet hot, they need so fan mechanisms in there of some type. We arrived here during a thunderstorm and CM are allowed to stay in this marketplace because they have put a lot of protection against lightning (not in theme but for safety) With the rain, you don't get as wet inside the marketplace but it does become very, very humid.
I was upset that I didn't find a mug I was looking for, apparently it already sold out but they are waiting for a new shipment, I got my Black Spire Outpost hat here.
The droid depot was my number one big purchase. And I loved every second of it, there was no line and managed to get in and out in about 20 minutes. This and Savi were the only 2 places they were taking CM discount, bout the Droid and backpack and came out to almost $100. I also got a personality chip for $13. Once we left the store my droid was beeping and booping around the droid depot area, the first order area, the marketplace and resistance area, there was no reaction in the queue or the MFSR attraction. I am a droid person since I was little, my favorite character is R2D2, so I'm very happy with him.
We heard that CM had been able to try Oga's without a reservation so we swung over and they told us they were taking standby only when the line was short, at that time, around 3:30 the line to go in was pretty long just for the people with reservations, so we kept exploring
Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities is amazing, so much to see, so many easter eggs for all sorts of SW fans, I could easily spend an hour there just looking.
We saw MFSR had a 15 min wait so we went on it, I actually wished I had more time in the queue, again very detailed plus the banter between the 2 workers that comes over the speakers (forgot their names) is super funny. First go on it we were gunners, my daughter told me to just press the big button before the ride that was flashing to put it on auto aim and then all you do is press the firing button. it was really fun, not my favorite attraction on WDW but better than most for sure, plus you're inside the MF. I did quiet well as a gunner. We tried later in the evening around 7:30pm the line wait was posted at 20 minutes and this time we got pilot, and yes, it is probably the best position just because you are, well, the pilot, and it's actually not hard. I did the left pilot so I just had to steer the ship left and right, the right pilot goes up and down and punches the hyperspeed. I am a sucker for pratical effects to my favorite attractions at WDW are HM, SE and was GMR, but this is easily one of my top 5. Also the ride will highly depend on the group of people you're with, we were all excited and shouting instructions and reacting, if you are with a group that doesn't react it will not be as fum.
On to the food: tried the blue milk with alcohol and I loved it, the serving portion was really large actually, I was expecting the little cups but this was a full cup. Did not try the green (can we really call it that? it's more yellowish than green) but will do it next time. AT Docking Bay 7 had the ribs and the chocolate dessert, both were delicious, and Ronto Racers had the Gold Leader wheat beer, loved it, and tried the Kat Saka popcorn with the mouse droid popcorn bucket, again I didn't think I would enjoy this but actually did. So the food was a hit for me.
The land didn't feel overly crowded until 5pm rolled around then you could definitely see the last group of people arriving, especially around the marketplace it gets busy
Now the thing that I was probably most excited about, other than building my droid, is the interactions and all of the citizens of Batuu were on point, the obvious Rising Suns greetings were used, but, for example, I was waiting for my DD to buy the popcorn and a Batuuan approached me and asked if I was enjoying my adventure, we started chatting and he told me he's from Galma, a settlement on the outskirts of Blaack Spires and that it was a crime ridden place which is why he was working for Dok at the market but him and his brother had a little bit of an ilegal setup back home and were trying to save credits to buy a podracer engine....this was done with every Batuuan we encountered while waiting for things and it was so much fun to talk to them. It made the immersion feel complete.
Once the Play Disney app opens up there will be a lot more to do, there are things scattered everywhere that will interact with the app so can't wait to check that out.
From the time we set foot in Batuu until around 8:30pm we saw characters roaming constantly, stormtroopers, Chewbacca, had an amazing interaction with Rey and with Vi Moradi, you are walking around and they are just roaming, it's super neat. Kylo has yet to arrive at Batuu.
Special mention to the photopass photographers, they are everywhere and are seriously dedicated to take an awesome picture, I will share some of my photopass pics with you below. I took over 300 on my phone so I'll try and sort through those as wekk and share some here
So remember how I said I was the pilot the secon time around, I was so hyped after that ride, we went straight to Oga's to see how the standby was looking and they said the could take us, I go to grab my phone and see that I dropped it inside the ride, so I can now say I lost my phone in the MF :) they found it and I got it back.
Anyways Oga's Cantina is super fun, the atmosphere, the lighting, of course DJ Rex, the wait staff is amazing. I went to pay for my drink and used my Vader chase card and she said, why do you use his credits? he scares me, and I've only heard legends :D again super fun interactions.
Final thoughts: the land is absolutely beautiful, so many details it is impossible to take them all in, the noises above your head of the ships are so cool, I would say for the regular Disney Park goes you could easily spend 3 hours exploring, eating and going on MFSR, for the avid SW fan you need a lot more time to take it all in. I really hope the CM don't loose their backstory connections and interactions
If you have any questions feel free. I will be uploading pics in a bit (my DD is still sleeping and she was a lot more pics than I do)
Thank you so much for the great review. I can’t wait to go. Glad you had a good time

@yulilin3 was there a time slot after yours that allowed you to stay late?

I'm at the last time slot of the day on the 17th and it only goes until 5 so I'm curious if we will be able to go over at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter