Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

About 5 minutes.
There are 4 turntables, each with 7 pods and each holds 6 people
Every 45 seconds a pod is sent out and ther turntable turns and another pod is ready to be loaded.
The cm hourly capacity goal is 1600 guests, which they have hit a couple of times.
It's very efficient
Plus two accessible pods for those who need more assistance/time to load.

Music was pumping, drinks were flowing, and it was a blast making new friends with the random strangers assigned to our table!
....We sang the drinking song and helped power DJ R3X back up, and had a blast with our bartender.
What was the atmosphere/music like in the morning? You think it might just have been off for opening day? Also, what's "the drinking song"?

We’re home now but were able to visit Batuu 3 times (once in the day and twice at night).

We rode the Falcon 4 times and got to do all 3 positions (including both pilot roles). We waited anywhere from 40-80 minutes (and a quick run through the single rider line which was straight in).

We enjoyed our Oga’s time (standing at the bar right by Rex). I had the fuzzy tauntaun and DS16 had the carbon freeze. We both enjoyed them. We had a 10:10am ADR and they did still have breakfast offerings until 10:30 (we had just eaten at Woody’s so we didn’t try it). I wouldn’t do it every trip unless there were new people who hadn’t seen it. But yes, just like being in a loud, crowded bar (which was expected and we enjoyed the chaos).

The land itself is very well done. The attention to detail is amazing. I loved seeing all the ships, the roaming characters was very reminiscent of SWW. Definitely try to see the land at night if you can. For those who think it’s lifeless, I don’t see that. There’s lots of ship noise etc.

We did not build a droid or saber. But I did get the infamous coke bottle (they sell them in the Falcon queue). We did try the blue milk and enjoyed it (but it’s tiny for the price). We did not try any food simply because of time of day we were there.

It will be years before we are back to see RotR. I’m so glad we took the gamble and didn’t cancel for the storm. The low wait times were SO worth it!!!

About 5 minutes.
There are 4 turntables, each with 7 pods and each holds 6 people
Every 45 seconds a pod is sent out and ther turntable turns and another pod is ready to be loaded.
The cm hourly capacity goal is 1600 guests, which they have hit a couple of times.
It's very efficient
Wow, I guess I didn't realize how efficient it really is. Those are pretty great numbers, Disney clearly planned on this one to make sure it went smoothly and didn't become a bottleneck attraction.

Whatever happened to your MFSR score affecting how the rest of your visit to Batuu went? Such a big deal was made about that early on.

@Brett Wyman - this was posted yesterday. Apparently, an “other worlder’s” RFID is being scanned:

So I fly the Falcon early this morning and we did alright. I went to Savi's later and they were like apparently we have an ace pilot here. So how well you do building reputation is true. I am known as an ace pilot.

Savi's was amazing. I refused to watch any videos and so glad I didn't.

I had to go back and switch a part of my droid. Apparently he likes the Little Mermaid. He went off during the voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Kylo Ren stopped me and tried to get me to join the First order. My mom left me. It was pretty funny because I wasn't expecting hin to stop me.

For those really wanting an understanding of SWGE, I highly recommend the book that was recently released, Black Spire Outpost. I'm only on chapter 6 but it really does a great job explaining some back story of Batuu. I had previously listened to the audible book, A Crash of Fate and have yet to read my comic series, though. I feel having a basic understanding of the land will really help with the immersion (not that you really need that, the land itself is amazing). We had the 4 hour preview on it's very last time slot, then we joined the boards of people for opening morning. What was great about being there at 3:30 am was you got to experience the land in the dark and in the light. We also returned the next evening or two just to ride the Falcon and for DH to build his saber. I had watched countless videos of this saber build but it was like seeing it for the first time to actually be in the room. I'm not gonna lie, I teared up! I highly recommend saving your credits for this experience! I did not see where you can buy spare scrap metal, though! I think dh would like some extra parts. The droid build was super fun and we fit both of them in my Vera Bradley weekender bag (with some extra padding) and took them on the plane as our carrying bag and placed them in the overhead bin. The saber, with just the blade in its case, laid perfectly on the floor of the plane next to the window. It stuck out from the seat in front of me but blended in with the carpet. No one said a thing about it and we were in an exit row on the trip home. In hindsight we probably should have moved it to the overhead for safety reasons.

We rode the Falcon 3 times this last trip. I actually was given the pilot card from a guy in our group because he was concerned about motion sickness. Pilot is definitely the most fun but as Engineer you can actually enjoy the screen more since there are fewer buttons to push. Get your finger clicking exercises in for the gunner position....you will be hitting that button a lot! I know once you are in the falcon itself there isn't time for a lot of instruction but I feel there should be data screens throughout the queue to explain the positions and what those jobs entail. Hondo can be on a screen explaining a little about the ride and timid kids can see his face before getting into the animatronics room (maybe they wouldnt be afraid of him then)? I think they can make the data screens look like they fit in with the theming. I never noticed the instructions on the job cards they hand you because there is so much to look at while inside the chess room. Honestly all we did was push buttons when the blinked but I never understood the accuracy score you get as gunner since you aren't pivoting around an aiming at anything. All that being said, I would ride MFSR every time we enter the land. I think it's a fun ride. It is expensive but since we've pretty much bought everything we'll ever need to buy there (and we did buy a bunch) it shouldn't be too bad next time (we return in December with and and his little family). We bought both milks without alcohol on our preview and purchased blue milk 3 times after that. It was way too hot to have the alcohol version on our days....staying hydrated is super important as it has been previously mentioned about the lack of greenery/shade other that the Resistence Forrest. Of course, it goes with the theming that you are on Batuu, in the outer rim...a desolate planet where people go to remain under the radar.

Food wise we enjoyed the breakfast Ronto wrap, but didnt try the other version, which I understand is quite good. The breakfast version was delicious! For lunch we enjoyed Docking Bay 7. I had the beef which was fully enjoyed and dh had the ribs which were flavorful. He did not enjoy the blueberry thing...I thought it was quite dry and the "slaw" was really just shredded cabbage with vinegar on it. I did like that, though. At Oga's during our preview, we had the 3 beverages that had the souvenir cups and brought all three home (it was $175 without tip, in case anyone was wondering)...dh enjoyed the beer flight and I though the non alcoholic Cliff Dweller (in porg mug) was great as well as the other alcoholic drink, Yub Nub, in the souvenir mug.

We cant wait to go back in December. We'll have our 15 month old granddaughter with us then so we'll entertain her while the son and daughter in law get to experience the land for the first time. A little nervous about the crowds for RotR. I wonder if we'll be able to exit the land at that spot, too. That would make for a quick getaway once we ride the new ride in December.

I did not enjoy Smuggler's Run.

OK, the queue was awesome.

The ride itself, as a simulator, didn't seem any better than Star Tours.

My main problem was I didn't know what was going on most of the time. (I was in the gunner position.)

After we were strapped in, the cm said "Push any flashing button." It seemed like my button was flashing constantly. Was I supposed to keep pushing it? I couldn't see any connection between pushing my buttons and what was happening on screen. I know that on MS the buttons don't really affect the ride or video, but at least they're synchronized with the action.

Half the time I couldn't hear or understand what the boss was saying, because of the noise and the heavy accent they gave him.

What really bugged me was that the buttons were on the sidewall. I didn't know when to look out the front window, and when to turn my head to look at the buttons. I wish they had put the buttons and the small screen in front of my face.

At the end it gave some kind of score -- compared to what? I had no idea whether it was a good or a bad score, and whether I had done what I was supposed to or not. It talked about Tie Fighters shot. What Tie Fighters? I didn't see any Tie Fighters!

As I said, I had no idea what the story was. I mean, I knew beforehand that we were supposed to be gathering something and bringing it back. But on the ride, it just seemed like a bunch of disconnected scenes and events.

Sorry, but it just didn't thrill me or make me feel involved. Maybe it's because I'm not a video gamer, and my brain isn't conditioned for it. (I'm 66 yo, btw.)

TZTOT is still my fave, followed closely by FOP, and then Splash.

What really bugged me was that the buttons were on the sidewall. I didn't know when to look out the front window, and when to turn my head to look at the buttons. I wish they had put the buttons and the small screen in front of my face.

I agree! DH and I rode twice at DL a couple weeks ago, first time as engineers and then pilots. I hated having to take my eyes off the screen to do my engineering job - a recipe for motion sickness for me, not to mention missing the story of the ride! Next time I’ll swap to be gunner so I can put it on automatic and just keep pushing the button to shoot.

For those really wanting an understanding of SWGE, I highly recommend the book that was recently released, Black Spire Outpost. I'm only on chapter 6 but it really does a great job explaining some back story of Batuu. I had previously listened to the audible book, A Crash of Fate and have yet to read my comic series, though. I feel having a basic understanding of the land will really help with the immersion (not that you really need that, the land itself is amazing).

I appreciate this post, offering a helpful tip.

But, I don't want to have to read a book to understand a land based on Star Wars. I'm just wondering if they may have shot themselves in the foot by not including the much beloved original trilogy more than they did.

Regardless, we are going to love it!

C'est la vie!

Last edited:
Reservation 5-9pm on 8/19: We got in at 4:00pm and got our reservation card for Savi at 4:25pm. We headed straight to Savi’s and bought 3 cokes on the way(max allowed)

We checked in at Savi’s and after 5 minutes it started pouring. There are some umbrellas, but everybody got wet, including the CMs that were under the main tent. They may have to add additional cover for the CMs and equipment as everything was getting wet.

We built 2 lightsabers: the experience, if you are fan, is well worth the money. The units are of very high quality, although the experience of building it is what makes it worth it.

Then we headed to the MF ride. All in all, I will say that this is the best ride so far in all Disney. My review may be biased because we were able to ride pilot twice, and because we saw Steph! The fact that you are interacting with the ride makes it a fully immersive experience. FOP may be cooler with all the other effects, but you cannot make the banshee go left and right, up and down.

We purchased some additional merchandise, and also food. The foods was a b-. I am sure they will get their act together by opening day. But it was the only downside of the day.

At around 8:30, we were able to do a walk in for Olga’s: this is the best bar in the galaxy!!! I would spend hours in this place! It somehow reminded me of my college days :)

The CMs were great and they were for the most part in character. We interacted with Rey Twice and it was amazing.

The data pad is awesome, and you could probably spend a whole week just trying to complete the missions etc.

I thought that I would miss the fact that luke, han, leia, and darth along with the legacy star wars was not part of the theme, but it was great anyway. We will probably not have the opportunity to live the land as we did anytime soon: this was certainly a VIP experience.

We finally left the land at :9:20pm. I really did not want to leave!!!

Well done Disney!

View attachment 427413View attachment 427414View attachment 427415View attachment 427416View attachment 427417View attachment 427418View attachment 427419View attachment 427420View attachment 427421View attachment 427422
Excellent photos!,

But, I don't want to have to read a book to understand a land based on Star Wars. I'm just wondering if they may have shot themselves in the foot by not including the much beloved original trilogy more than they did.

C'est la vie!
I didn't mean to imply you had to read the book to enjoy the land. I didnt even start actually listening to the audiobook until we were well into our vacation. However, since getting into it it has been fun reading about the people and places we saw in the land. Like I dont think you have to read the Harry Potter books to enjoy their land....but being familiar with them increases your level of understanding the places at IoA and US. I didnt understand the Vi aspect of SWGE but she's the major character in the book so now I understand why she's even at Black Spire Outpost.

For those really wanting an understanding of SWGE, I highly recommend the book that was recently released, Black Spire Outpost. I'm only on chapter 6 but it really does a great job explaining some back story of Batuu. I had previously listened to the audible book, A Crash of Fate and have yet to read my comic series, though. I feel having a basic understanding of the land will really help with the immersion (not that you really need that, the land itself is amazing).
I have a question. Is the book actually called Black Spire Outpost? I wouldn’t mind giving it a read though I loved it anyway and can’t wait to get back into it.

C'est la vie!
You don't HAVE to read it any more than you HAVE to watch any of the movies
But doing so does improve the land

I have a question. Is the book actually called Black Spire Outpost? I wouldn’t mind giving it a read though I loved it anyway and can’t wait to get back into it.

FYI for anyone at HS, they sell this book, SW comic books, and a host of other Star Wars books in the Launch Bay gift shop, Launch Bay Cargo.

C'est la vie!

Having been to SWGE in DL, I have to agree with you. I love the films especially the first trilogy (episodes 4-6) but have read only one book (Bloodlines I think it was), so only the Millennium Falcon and Chewie were familiar and therefore exciting to see. It was not like visiting an historic site and thinking about the significant events that occurred there - I have no frame of reference or connection to Batuu. I think that if there were more things familiar from the movies, more people would be engaged by the land. As it is, I feel as though it’s built for “insiders,” and I’m not one.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!