Shareholders Club Benefits Query

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
I'm thinking of buying 1000 shares which at today's price would be about £90 without any handling fees on top.

I've got a query re hotel bookings as a Shareholder. We usually go for a 4 for 3 or 3 for 2 night offer but is it only a Classic Package 2 night max stay that you can actually get the discount on? As I understand it you get the discount for your park tickets?

The Annual Passports confuse me as well! Do people have these as well as being a shareholder? If so, what is the added advantage of having an AP?

Thanks,
Joanne

Joanne
I'm both a shareholder and soon to expire annual passport holder.

We booked our 7 night accomodation (plus breakfast) only for our recent summer trip through the shareholder line.

The advantage of the AP is if you are planning to visit a number of times over the year or have a greater number of days than the standard packages it normally works out cheaper.

Reid

Hi Joanna,

I'm a shareholder - although haven't used the benefits as yet.

The 4 for 3 style offers cannot be discounted by the Shareholders discount as you suggest.

Using the Shareholders booking line you can book a package and obtain the necessary discounts - I believe it can be longer than two days - although you can only book 2 rooms in any one booking (used to be 3 rooms).

Having typed that I was just looking at the Shareholders page on Eurodisney.com - and it just suggest it is only 2 nights - although depends on how you read it, I could imply that the 2nights is only is you are booking room only.

2) Disney® Hotels only: Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York®, Disney's Newport Bay Club®, Disney's Sequoia Lodge®, Disney's Hotel Cheyenne®, Disney's Hotel Santa Fe®, Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch®. Booking through the dedicated line only. + 33 (0) 1 60 30 60 72. Hotels packages excluding transport. For Hotel stays, on "Classic" packages or rooms only (2 consecutive nights and 2 rooms per stay). Suites, Family rooms and Castle Club excluded, maximum 2 rooms per stay, prepayment according to the general sales terms valid at the time of booking, cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.

Personally like you, we tend to go using a 3 for 2, 4 for 3 style offer, and I believe offer works out cheaper than using the discount, given that we are new at this, and still feel it necessary to stop over at a Disney hotel. Having done some pricing in teh last week or so, I think next time (after November) we will probably stay Holiday Inn or similar - and then it will be booked independantly.

As for the AP - yes, it seems that some of the shareholders on this site also hold APs. The 'only' benefits I guess are that they have 'free' entryto the park, and further discounts not offered by the shareholders club. The complete list can be seen at http://www.dlp.info/HintsInfos/Passport/Dream.htm (based on the Dream Passport). Examples however are a one time 20% restuarant discount (per AP), one time 20% shopping discount, higher room-only discount rate, free kids stoller hire etc.

Passports is something that I'm looking at to purchase when we visit in November.

Cyrano said:
I'm both a shareholder and soon to expire annual passport holder.

Cyrano - out of interest do you intend to renew your AP? If so, can I ask why didn't you do it when you were onsite at the beginning of the month - is there a benefit to waiting?.

Iain Chapman said:
Cyrano - out of interest do you intend to renew your AP? If so, can I ask why didn't you do it when you were onsite at the beginning of the month - is there a benefit to waiting?.

Still trying to work out which will be better and did not wish to reduce our holiday spending money so we have decided to delay the decision.

Horror, of horrors :faint: I'm thinking that we might need a year off from DLP as the troop are in danger of thinking that nowhere else exists. The youngest 2 don't know of any other holiday.

Reid

Reid,

So did you get your discount as a Shareholder off of the whole 7 night cost for accommodation and park tickets?

We got the discount on the 7 nights and very nice that was too :sunny:
As we already had 4 annual passports, tickets were not needed as part of the discount.

Reid

::MinnieMo Just got my shareholders card today was very impressed with service. As a newbie to all this I only sent form away with 5 weeks to go and processing time says 6 weeks.I emailed them last week to see if there was a chance I could pick it up at site or get some sort of temporary pass and they replied saying they'd send a temp certificate to use. Got up this morning and both the temp certificate and card had arrived.
:cheer2: C :cheer2: O :cheer2: O :cheer2: L :cheer2:

Now for my Q - Can you use you card and still bill everything to your room using your hotel pass thingy and pay once at the end? :confused3

Thanks
Angela

disneyangel said:
Now for my Q - Can you use you card and still bill everything to your room using your hotel pass thingy and pay once at the end? :confused3

Thanks
Angela
Yes the shareholder's card is not a charge card, but an indication that you can get discount. You can pay by cash, credit card or Disney ID.

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter