Sharing a 1BR

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
We're new DVC members, no kids yet. Have you ever shared a 1BR with another couple? If so, do you take the bedroom and let your guests use the pullout? I know that might make sense for kids or a younger couple, but I don't know if I feel right asking my mom to use the pullout...I've heard some of them are very uncomfortable...

let me know how you handle this, thanks!

We just got back from SSR. We have a 11 yr old son and we invited my husband's sister to come along at the last minute. We couldn't get a 2 bedroom so we kept our 1 bedroom. My husband and I took the master bedroom and my son slept on the floor on the sofa cushions (bought an Aerobed, but I won't go there). SIL slept on the sleeper sofa (newer type - very comfortable foam mattress). She said it was comfortable. I tried it and it wasn't bad at all.

We all used the bathroom and it wasn't too bad, but a separate bathroom would have been nice. We could use the sink in the master bedroom while son and SIL used the shower/sink or toilet.

In our family, just as the host and hostess sit at the head of the Thanksgiving table, so do the host and hostess take the master bedroom.

I would prolly take the pull out since I know I would up up later than my mother would be and would want to putz around in the living space more....

I would not share a 1 bedroom with another couple - even my parents. That would just be too uncomfortable. (I know that others feel differently, though).

If we invite another couple, we get a 2 bedroom, so that each couple had their own bathroom as well as their own bedroom with a "real" bed. DVC has spoiled me to the point where I do not like to have anyone (even kids) sleeping in the living room / kitchen area. That area needs to be kept clear for the early risers and night owls! :teeth:

Best wishes -

Count me in with CarolMN, DVC has spoiled me rotten. I used the 1 bedroom for my kids to sleep on the sofa on my first stay for exactly 3 nights and then asked to be moved into a 2 bedroom to free up the living room and it has been a 2 bedroom for us ever since. Now we are going to Disneyland next year and I have to get a suite. Does everyone feel sorry for me yet?

My recommendation is to get the two bedroom, even if that means less nights. A 1 bedroom is for a family. Don't do it half way, get the two bedroom when sharing with another couple. I'd even opt for two studios before a onebedroom for 2 coupled. Just my $0.02.

We just returned from BCV and my kids used the sleeper sofa. I have never heard so much complaining in my life (LOL)! Several posts have indicated the newer memory foam mattresses being used in some of the DVC resorts are a huge improvement.

I am much cheaper - I would get 2 studios - same points as a 1-bedroom - you get your room, they get their room.

yes it does not have the "WOW" of the villas - but I really like my privacy.:o :)

I think it depends on both you and your guests.

I wouldn't put my mom on the pullout. But I'd have no compuction about sticking my brother in law or some of our friends out there - at least for a few more years. Though I agree that two studios sounds more comfortable - unless cooking was necessary on the vacation.

Some people are go with the flow sorts. And some people will feel better about camping out on your sofabed (it was just going to go to waste anyway!) than you booking them a studio. But others will gripe, or not be comfortable, or you'd just feel like a bad host.

We have been going down the last few years with out married children and I would strongly recommend a 2 bedroom! It gives you a little breathing space, the 2 full baths is a big plus also! I believe to much togetherness causes tension!! Everyone needs a little space of there own.

We have invited a single friend that spent the entire week on the pull out. She is a very laid back person and we kinda mentioned it about 2 or 3 weeks out, we have this room that has a pull out, would you like to join us. She had a blast and now goes back with her other single friends. I was more of a last minute thing though and worked out fine. We did not have the points to try and switch to a 2 br.

You need a 2 bedroom. A one bedroom is just right for one or two people. There is not room for another couple.

If you are like us, you won't be spending much time in the room anyway, so I'd go with a 1BR. You can always ask mousekeeping for an extra foam mattress if the sofa is uncomfortable. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then get 2 studios, if you don't plan on cooking.

i can see this means we'll need to add on points eventually so we can get a 2BR when we take family :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!