'sharing" an ecv in the park........

muffyn

"hmmm*
this may be a strange question. but wonder if any of you have handled this situation.
I rent an ECV for the parks, for problems with my hip I cannot walk the whole park ( yup I also look like one of those people who do NOT have a problem ,). I cannot walk LONG distances, but can do fine in the queue's etc, & I also cannot sit ALL day on the ECV or my hip will feel like it's "seizing" up. so I really need to walk every now & then short distances.. plus my hubby really could use a rest on the ECV due to his ankle pain.. (but he doesn't want to rent one all day).. anyway,,,,,, so he would ride when I am walking,, but I know, ,I know,,,,, we will probably get "looks....... or comments" ,, "HEY , what cheaters,, wasn't SHE riding before???"
alright would you CARE? what would you reply or just give them 'cold' looks back??

My DM and I shared a ECV in 9/05, we did get some looks at times but no comments that were negative. I have RA and at times with the heat and so much walking and standing in lines it was to much for me, my mom is 65 and Diabetic and has a hard time constantly walking also so we just switched off. I wouldn't worry about what others think. If it helps you enjoy your vacation more then thats all that counts. Have a good trip.

A lot of people do share an ECV or wheelchair for exactly the kind of reasons both of you do.
Anyone who is looking at you in a strange way or making any comments has obviously never traveled with anyone using ann ECV or wheelchair. If they had, they would know that there is little 'advantage' to having one (other than having a place to sit while you are moving around the parks and waiting in lines). The majority of the lines are accessible, so it may decrease your wait in a couple of attractions, but in most cases you will be waiting the same amount of time (and even in the same line) as everyone else. There are a few attractions where you will end up waiting longer, so all in all, those longer wait ones even out the ones where you might get in faster.

You know you need it, and you are the only one whose opinion counts.

I'm another person who doesn't need to be in it 100% of the time.

I need to walk some so things don't seize up, or just the fact of sitting all day is not good because at disney is the only time i use the ecv.
So, its important that I don't just sit 24/7 at disney, otherwise I'll lose some of my muscle tone.

Don't worry what other people think.
I would much rather be up and walking the whole day and magically be pain free while doing it, than sitting butt level with the rest of the people walking in the park.

So glad to see this! When we go in July MIL and DNiece will probably be sharing.

Don't worry what others are thinking. My DH can walk short distances and it does relieve some cramps for him if he has a short stroll. I often have a ride at home but the crowds bother me at WDW, but if I need it I will have no shame in having a go:)

this may be a strange question. but wonder if any of you have handled this situation.
I rent an ECV for the parks, for problems with my hip I cannot walk the whole park ( yup I also look like one of those people who do NOT have a problem ,). I cannot walk LONG distances, but can do fine in the queue's etc, & I also cannot sit ALL day on the ECV or my hip will feel like it's "seizing" up. so I really need to walk every now & then short distances.. plus my hubby really could use a rest on the ECV due to his ankle pain.. (but he doesn't want to rent one all day).. anyway,,,,,, so he would ride when I am walking,, but I know, ,I know,,,,, we will probably get "looks....... or comments" ,, "HEY , what cheaters,, wasn't SHE riding before???"
alright would you CARE? what would you reply or just give them 'cold' looks back??[/
QUOTE]

Share the ECV and pay no attention to the idiots that give looks or make comments.

Enjoy your day and don't let others "Define your reality"

Be Big,
Alan

My husband and I have used evc's twice in the last two years and we have never noticed anyone staring at us. It may be because we don't do the rides....or that we don't notice what other people are doing....we are enjoying Disney and doing our thing... I have a feeling that it is just a very very very few people that would be concerned about people using wheel chairs and evc's. I would not worry at all about what other people think about anything I was doing at Disney World or anywhere else. By all means, if you need assistance in any way for any reason, do ask for help, or rent or take what you need to make your holiday more enjoyable.
Freemore

We do the same thing. We have our own ECV that hubby uses for his bad knees. He did have one replaced and is doing much better, but still doesn't have the stamina to go around the parks all day. Sometimes he just wants to walk, so I ride it around. I have absolutely no need for an ECV, but it does feel good to get off my dogs for a bit. Also at shows where there is bench seating, hubby will sit on the bench and I'll sit on the ECV because seats without a back hurt my back and they don't bother hubby.

We may get looks, but I don't care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter