Sharing my excitement

MermaidLagoonResident

Mouseketeer
Last night 2 close friends, my husband and I bought tickets for a trip to Japan!! :D

The set of friends (another husband/wife combo) had asked us if we were interested and said they would keep an eye out for any flight deals. So we had our fingers crossed but nothing was for sure until now!

We've already said we'll spend some time at the parks but haven't discussed any details yet (I am going to be really pushing for 4 days! ).

My husband and I will have 15 days and our friends will have 13. Now that tickets are purchased I can start actually researching and planning rather than just watching YouTube and instagram videos of peoples trips haha

Open to any recommendations or advice!! Thanks in advance! :)

It will still be warm. If you want to have some fun in Hakone for a day, you may want to include ziplining before hitting one of the onsens there. Also if your group likes beer, the craft beer scene in Tokyo is ok! :drinking1

Thank you! Ill definitely look into these suggestions. Everyone in the party (minus myself 🤷‍♀️ ) enjoy craft beers so this list is a great jumping off point. 2 of the 3 others actually work in the beer and liquor industry 🍺🍷

We are planning for November 2020... so we will be right behind you...

I have been actively researching, watching youtube, reading blogs, watching Vlogs, any thing and everything that I can get my hands on.... for the last 8 months... there is so much to see, do, and experience, not to mention the transportation the trains are something that I have no experience with...

not to mention the transportation the trains are something that I have no experience with...
This just reminded me of one of my coworker's experience early in her career. She, too, wasn't familiar with trains, but had flown quite a bit. She took the Metroliner (East Coast US) up to my office, one stop away, and ended up not getting off at the stop in time. She had no idea that the train didn't "park"and disembark all like a plane. We teased her for awhile about it being her East Coast hazing. :tilt: (If I had been 2 stops away, I'm sure she would have been fine. She's a sharp person and would have noticed the fact that the train took off fairly quickly after the stop).

This just reminded me of one of my coworker's experience early in her career. She, too, wasn't familiar with trains, but had flown quite a bit. She took the Metroliner (East Coast US) up to my office, one stop away, and ended up not getting off at the stop in time. She had no idea that the train didn't "park"and disembark all like a plane. We teased her for awhile about it being her East Coast hazing. :tilt: (If I had been 2 stops away, I'm sure she would have been fine. She's a sharp person and would have noticed the fact that the train took off fairly quickly after the stop).

OMG... I would not have told a soul if this was me... LOL...
I have ridden the subway in New York a few times, on a couple of trips... one of the trip was a girls only trip, and lets say we missed our stops a few times, and where we were suppose to go we did alot of back up the stairs, down and around up and down... then more up and down... around to the opposite platforms.... The girl that was suppose to know the subway really good... we "fired" her as the subway captain LOL... I found the transportation app... and we used that the rest of the time... and we were good to go...

I plan on using Google maps for everything while we are there.... DH is really good at figuring our way around... except for the mall or when out shopping, he seems to head straight for the exit's...LOL

We are planning for November 2020... so we will be right behind you...

I have been actively researching, watching youtube, reading blogs, watching Vlogs, any thing and everything that I can get my hands on.... for the last 8 months... there is so much to see, do, and experience, not to mention the transportation the trains are something that I have no experience with...

I have just really started my research, there were a few vlog style youtube videos I watched before the plane tickets were purchased that I would like to go back and watch again to take notes.

I haven't gotten too deep into my Dis research for it yet though as I just a couple days ago did a preorder on a 2020 Tokyo Disney Resort guide. It said its releasing in December 2019 but not when so I've been trying to hold off on doing too much outside Dis research until I've give this guide a read thru.

I'd really love to have as much time as possible in the parks but we are also traveling with another couple, so I don't want to take too much time and then take away from other things. So far I've looked at a crowd calendar and its saying that days 5-8 would be predicted on the lower side but then the couple we're traveling with only has 4 full days on the other side of that ( I don't know yet what time they fly out, so possibly 5 days). Either way though I've been mentally playing around with routes of when to go where, to be back in Tokyo for Dis days but with it being the middle of the trip its coming out a bit choppy.

When I spoke to my husband about it briefly and told him how the tickets work (ie can buy a 3 or 4 day ticket and hop the 3rd or 4th day) he was saying we should probably just plan for 3 days. We have 2 extra days after the other couple leaves so maybe I can squeeze one more visit in afterwards, ditch my husband for the day and do dis things on my own haha ( he puts up with dis for me but doesn't have the same connection and love of it)

Can anyone share your itinerary with 3/4 dis days and time in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka?

OMG... I would not have told a soul if this was me... LOL...
I have ridden the subway in New York a few times, on a couple of trips... one of the trip was a girls only trip, and lets say we missed our stops a few times, and where we were suppose to go we did alot of back up the stairs, down and around up and down... then more up and down... around to the opposite platforms.... The girl that was suppose to know the subway really good... we "fired" her as the subway captain LOL... I found the transportation app... and we used that the rest of the time... and we were good to go...

I plan on using Google maps for everything while we are there.... DH is really good at figuring our way around... except for the mall or when out shopping, he seems to head straight for the exit's...LOL

Oh my goodness I love the "subway captain" name!! haha so good!

What's your plan internet wise? My husband has a very large data plan and when I first mentioned about people picking up travel wifi routers from the airport he wasn't thinking that was something we'd need.

I have just really started my research, there were a few vlog style youtube videos I watched before the plane tickets were purchased that I would like to go back and watch again to take notes.

I haven't gotten too deep into my Dis research for it yet though as I just a couple days ago did a preorder on a 2020 Tokyo Disney Resort guide. It said its releasing in December 2019 but not when so I've been trying to hold off on doing too much outside Dis research until I've give this guide a read thru.

I'd really love to have as much time as possible in the parks but we are also traveling with another couple, so I don't want to take too much time and then take away from other things. So far I've looked at a crowd calendar and its saying that days 5-8 would be predicted on the lower side but then the couple we're traveling with only has 4 full days on the other side of that ( I don't know yet what time they fly out, so possibly 5 days). Either way though I've been mentally playing around with routes of when to go where, to be back in Tokyo for Dis days but with it being the middle of the trip its coming out a bit choppy.

When I spoke to my husband about it briefly and told him how the tickets work (ie can buy a 3 or 4 day ticket and hop the 3rd or 4th day) he was saying we should probably just plan for 3 days. We have 2 extra days after the other couple leaves so maybe I can squeeze one more visit in afterwards, ditch my husband for the day and do dis things on my own haha ( he puts up with dis for me but doesn't have the same connection and love of it)

Can anyone share your itinerary with 3/4 dis days and time in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka?
I did a whole trip report from our trip in June this year if you’re interested. The link is in my signature at the bottom. We also have some vlogs up on YouTube: wuz travelin

I did a whole trip report from our trip in June this year if you’re interested. The link is in my signature at the bottom. We also have some vlogs up on YouTube: wuz travelin

I am actually reading your tr right now, came across it about half an hour ago, I am currently on the Pokemon cafe!

Awesome, I'll check out your youtube channel afterwards :D

I am actually reading your tr right now, came across it about half an hour ago, I am currently on the Pokemon cafe!

Awesome, I'll check out your youtube channel afterwards :D
Haha okay cool. We aren’t professional vloggers by far but it was still fun to record.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!