Sharing on meal plans

jillyjoey

DIS Veteran
Is it possible for family members to share meals on the DDP? Here is our situation, family of 4 -- 2 adults, 10 year old, 4 year old (not now, but at time of travel) -- purchase DDP for 3 adults and 1 child. My 4 year old and I would most likely share some meals, since we do that now when we eat out, leaving some of her credits open. Is it possible for my 10 year old to order off of the child's menu to use 4 year old's leftover credits? Is this cheating even though we have paid properly for our party? Does the 10 year old always have to eat off the adult menu? Trying to decide if the plan is worth it for us or not -- knowing that we (with exception of DH) would never eat all of the food. Thanks

At regular restaurants, you can order only what you want, and use only the credits necessary to cover what you order. At buffets, pre-plated, and other fixed price meals, there is, of course, no meal sharing.

It isn't cheating if you order what you have paid for--a child's credit is used for a child's meal. It doesn't matter who eats the meal. Also, remember that the credits are per night, not per day. If you arrive early one day and leave late on your check out day you may want some of the credits on that last day.

Same idea....I won't eat the snacks. However, we'll use my credits to get an extra snack for one of the kids.

Thanks for responses, but now I have another -- Dining plan credits are per night rather than per day. If I arrive after checkin time on my 1st night -- have I just lost that day's credits? I guess I'm asking when do they expire, if I have a room for 6 nights, say check in Sunday night check out of room Friday morning but stay in park all day Friday will I still have dining credits for Friday or would they have expired my 6th night, i.e. Thursday? Does this make sense?

You always get the correct number of credits, based on the number of nights of your stay. They "expire" on midnight of your check-out day.

Thanks for clearing that up . . . it doesn't seem that this should be so hard. Guess I get confused after reading so many different posts.

kcashner said:
It isn't cheating if you order what you have paid for--a child's credit is used for a child's meal.

The OP was asking about Disney's MYW plus dining plan, in which there is no such thing as a "child's credit." The credits are pooled, and according to the dining brochure you recieve upon check in, anyone in your party can use any of the pooled credits at any time up until midnight of the day of checkout. Consequently, the OP can do what they want with thier credits without fear of "cheating." As an aside, disney does reserve the right to change the plan, without notice, in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter