• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharps disposal in the parks?

ImarriedGrumpy

AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
I'm taking my diabetic DH on his first trip to WDW in 19 days (yay!), and I'm wondering if there are sharps bins in the parks. I've seen them in some public restrooms here, but not all - I'd guess that Disney is on top of this, but I wanted to double check.

Anyone know? thanks!

Never seen them but you could go to first aid and I am sure they would have one. Other option is to carry them back to your hotel and dispose of them there. I normally use a soda bottle with a screw top to place them in prior to tossing them.

I just started Enbrel a couple of months ago. Granted, it isn't a daily injection, but I did have one during my visit to the world last month. I got a small, maybe about the size of a 20 oz bottle, sharps container from my Dr. I am sure they are available for sale. I didn't dispose of the needle at the resort, I just carried the container with me in my carry-on, and notified TSA that I had a sharps container, there was no issue.

Good luck.

Hi all,

Will Mousekeeping provide you with a sharps container? Do they dispose of the container when you leave?

How about if you are a DVC member staying at a DVC resort?

To answer a previous question, most major pharmacies carry sharps containers. I usually ask for a quart sized one for travel. They are the smallest ones I have found. However, I discovered on a recent cruise that the cruiseline would provide a sharps container and dispose of it.

Thanks!

Mousekeeping has supplied and then disposed the sharps container for me at both OKW and BWV. If I had to inject at the parks I would either take the used needle back to my room and use the sharps container or go the the Medical Aid Station at the park and ask them to dispose of it. It all depends on what is most convenient at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter