"Sharps" disposal

I am new to Diabetes. My DS was diagnosed with Type 1 a month ago, three weeks into his freshman year at college. :sad1: He has been dealing with it on his own, since he is four hours away.

We bought him one of the travel disposal boxes, which he says do not work with his pens. He now uses an old pill bottle, that he keeps in his case. His Dr told him that as long at the plastic bottle had at least a 2 for the recycling code it would be thick enough. They told him water bottles are not thick enough.

I don't know if that would help or not, but thought I would throw the idea out there.:thumbsup2

Just as an update: I was at Saratoga Springs last week and decided to actually try again to get a sharps container. I did not ask at the front desk, but I called housekeeping to request. I had to call maintenance anyhow about a sticky lock on the door so I figured I had nothing to lose!

We went off to Epcot and when we returned the sharps container was in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter