sharps/needle disposal

TiggerStac

<font color=darkorchid>I'm going to join in on thi
I am on injectible meds right now and will be for my trip next month. I have a small biohazard container to dispose of my needles, but where can I dispose of the container?? I don't want to carry them home with me to dispose of them and the small container I have isn't like my large one which I just mail away for incineration.
Thanks!!! :confused3

If you are staying at a Disney Resort Mousekeeping will provide you with a Sharps Container upon request at no cost. Just leave it in the room when you check out and Mousekeeping will dispose of it properly.

Cheshire Figment said:
If you are staying at a Disney Resort Mousekeeping will provide you with a Sharps Container upon request at no cost. Just leave it in the room when you check out and Mousekeeping will dispose of it properly.

Thanks for the tip. That'll be good to know with DS (He takes growth hormone every night by injection).

You can request it at check-in. This is what I do every trip. It will arrive in about one hour. As the previous poster recommended, just leave it in your room at checkout and they will take care of it.

As far as I know, most larger or chain hotels will provide sharps containers at no cost on request. They don't want to take a chance of their Housekeepers getting stuck while cleaning if the guest doesn't have an appropriate container.

My kids are both diabetic and we have stayed in several hotels over the past few years. We just request a sharps container upon checkin and there has never been a problem. Just leave it for disposal when you check out! Have a great trip! :flower:

This last trip I dropped my syringe (capped) and could not reach down to get it. Since I was alone I let the front desk know what happened so Housekeeping would be aware that it was on the floor. When I returned it was carefully places on my bedside table. I then disposed of it properly. They are very cautious with syringes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter