She Dodged a Hurricane, Skipped School, and Adopted a Porg, a September 2019 TR at Copper Creek Villas at WL (Completed 12/18)

Thanks for sharing your trip! Sounded like a great trip minus the trip home, stroller etc. Going in Feb. should be a different experience. We've gone in Dec. and Jan. and the weather is typically up and down but it's nice not to sweat :-) WL is my favorite resort so I really enjoyed your early morning pictures. Your next trip will come up quickly once the holidays are over!

February will be here before you know it! The weather will be so different from what you’re used to, it’ll be nice for y’all to not have to sweat. We used to go in late January every year until we switched to late nov/early dec, and you can experience everything from shorts weather to jacket weather in the same day, so there’s a lot more to pack. Pools are heated if you’re brave enough to swim. But I’m sure you know all this already! Can’t wait to see your next TR, and have a great time!

Ugh that flight home sounds so annoying! Between the seats and the stroller yikes! I feel like it's even worse when you have issues on your way home because you're already sad that your vacation is over.

Can't wait to hear about your February trip!

It's been fun following along, and I look forward to reading about your next trip.
Thanks for joining in!

Thank you for the wonderful trip report! I look forward to hearing about your February adventure!

Traveling to WDW in February is GREAT - the crowds seem lighter, you don't get as hot as the weather is reasonable, and you tend to be more well-rested as the parks have shorter operating hours. I'll be interested to see what you think of it!
Thanks! We are looking forward to trying February too, and hadn't thought much about the shorter park hours, but agree it could be a good thing. Next month we'll be there!

We like to totally move into a room, too. The two times we did a GF/BC split and the one time we did a WL/BC split were very disruptive. I liked splitting GF with BC because it meant we could avoid having to take the monorail to Epcot, but the WL/BC was not fun at all. We missed WL too much.
Yeah, I just can't see taking a trip and not staying at WL, and splitting disrupts the trip, so for now we are happy sticking with WL. Someday we'll do BC and maybe AKL, but not this year...

That would be great to get the alternate configuration. Is it something that you can request?
You can request it, but booking the right room and tub type is the biggest factor. By booking a 2 bedroom lockoff with a tub we should have the best chance of getting one, since there are only 8 possibel rooms and 7 of them have the alternate studio layout.

We have had hurricanes affect both of our August trips and one of October trips. We have never yet cancelled a trip because a hurricane was expected and it has paid off with lower crowds.
Yes, we have been really fortunate in September, but sure won't cancel as long as we can get there...

Your February trip could be affected by bad weather if your flight is coming from or flying to a city that is having bad weather. But most likely you won't have any problems. February is a tricky time of year to fly for us, though. :)
We are fortunate to have a nonstop flight to / from LAX, so the weather in the rest of the country shouldn't be a big deal. This is a time we are particularly glad to not be stopping along the way.

I noticed that your trips are including a lot more pool time and less rushing around. :)
Yeah, we are getting more comfortable, and don't have to rush to fit stuff in. We love the non-park time, and that's the stuff we talk about most once we get home. The kids also love to swim, and they got to do a lot of it this time.

I can't wait to hear about your February trip. Our daughter who lives in Colorado will be at the BC the week before your trip. We wanted to catch Flower and Garden before the rates went up for spring break travel so we will be at the BC March 1st to 6th. We have been trying to get a WL reservation but with a 10% annual pass holders discount, we just couldn't do it, especially when the BC had a 35% AP discount. WL has just gotten too popular.
Ahh, that sounds like a great excuse to have a BC trip. It is nice to have a backup for if WL is too pricey.

Sounds like it was a great trip!! I cant believe the issues with your flight home though. I too would have been livid! But like you said once your home and miss Disney those become fuzzy funny memories and don't hinder the amazing vacation you had!
Yeah, Melissa who is usually bery calm was HOT, and I still am mad at the airline not caring, but that's ok, it isjust part of what it takes to get there, and it is all worth it.

Thanks for sharing your trip! Sounded like a great trip minus the trip home, stroller etc. Going in Feb. should be a different experience. We've gone in Dec. and Jan. and the weather is typically up and down but it's nice not to sweat :-) WL is my favorite resort so I really enjoyed your early morning pictures. Your next trip will come up quickly once the holidays are over!
Thanks! We are so glad that you enjoyed the report, and are looking forward to trying WDW with a little less sweat. We can't believe that we are only 34 days from the trip now!

February will be here before you know it! The weather will be so different from what you’re used to, it’ll be nice for y’all to not have to sweat. We used to go in late January every year until we switched to late nov/early dec, and you can experience everything from shorts weather to jacket weather in the same day, so there’s a lot more to pack. Pools are heated if you’re brave enough to swim. But I’m sure you know all this already! Can’t wait to see your next TR, and have a great time!
Thanks! The extra stuff to pack is something we have been talking about. Sweatshirts, long pants, and jackets all take up a lot more space than our usual shorts, but it will be fun.

I've enjoyed reading about you all's trip and can't wait for the next one!
Great, thanks for joining in! We'll write all about the next one soon.

Ugh that flight home sounds so annoying! Between the seats and the stroller yikes! I feel like it's even worse when you have issues on your way home because you're already sad that your vacation is over.

Can't wait to hear about your February trip!
It was kind of nice that the travel issues didn't get the trip off to a bad start, and with the next trip coming up so soon we weren't too sad to be headed home. Now we can't believe we get to be back so soon.

Security was a nightmare. They also separated Paul and I leaving me with both kids and all the stuff. Then they put Allie through the metal detector with another family completely separating us.
Yikes! That does sound terrible and super stressful!

We both decided after that to go through the tsa precheck process and now we both have our KTN numbers for February. It should make flying through Orlando so much better.
TSA Pre-Check is almost a must do for flying out of Orlando!

She said if we wanted to get on the flight they would find volunteers, but we would have to wait to see what we got and would not be able to carry on any luggage. We gave Jon and Brandy our carry on with the camera in it, so it made it in the cabin.
What!!! That is crazy! Airlines are the worst.

So, despite paying extra to pick our seats and bring carry on luggage we didn’t get either, but we were supposed to be grateful that we made it on the flight. At least that way Jon and Brandy had a ride home from the airport.
Did you complain to the airline once you were home?

Yikes! That does sound terrible and super stressful!

TSA Pre-Check is almost a must do for flying out of Orlando!
It is weird, we’ve had way more issues with TSA at Orlando than any other airport, even LAX. It should be better this time.

What!!! That is crazy! Airlines are the worst.

Did you complain to the airline once you were home?
I wrote the email while I was sitting by myself on the plane. I got a reply from American saying that they regret that they can not guarantee seating. My point was that I didn’t get the extra stuff I paid for, but they say none of it is guaranteed. Oh well, we’ll try Delta next time.

Fun read. WL is our favorite resort too! We’ve also stayed at port Orleans riverside, boardwalk ( without the kiddos ) and yacht club on honeymoon in 2005 and with 8 family members in 2018 . You should try and go in between thanksgiving and Christmas one year. The lodge is beautiful.
I also just read the trip report when you bought DVC. How fun.
I look forward to more of your trip reports. Thanks for entertaining me as we continue to stay home and be safe .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!