ShellieMay, Slinky Dog, and the SCRUNCHIEST Thanksgiving Ever! - A Nov 18 TR *FINISHED! 4/28*

I'm SOOOOOO insanely jealous you're getting to go back for another MNSSHP and that you have tickets already this far in advanced. TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!

"Potato barrels" Lol, they are literally tater tots like basic basic BASIC taters. Disney, you so cute. I'm sorry WLB wasn't that great, but I'm glad at least it offers variety because yeah DHS has historically had the most lackluster options for QS with or without all the construction.

If you love Swirling Saucers, you'd be GAGGED over Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Those PP photos are so cute and I NEED those Slinky Dog headbands, they're so presh. I live for your EXTRAAAA family! :mickeyjum

I feel your pain with the PTR-fever...and I don't even have a trip in the works!! So excited for you & your MNSSHP tickets!!

I am seriously impressed that you managed to do ALL the things in TSL--and with pictures to prove it!

That pic of yall with your TSL headbands is the cutest!

Yay to August trips, we will be there from 8/17-8/26, staying at YC and GF! I am thinking of doing the MNSSHP on 8/20 also!! How fun!

AS2 is a fun ride, we loved it

We tried the raspberry tart and really liked it from Woody’s

I love all your pictures, so cute!

So before we get into the update itself... guys, I have serious PTR fever right now. During the PTR for this trip, I said I would give PTRs a break because I never feel like I could keep them updated with useful information, but wow do I wish I had a PTR this week! On Sunday, my usual touring calender w/ crowd predictions was updated for August, and then today- MNSSHP tickets went on sale! There are two parties during the week we're there, and we bought tickets for Tuesday, August 20!! We are so excited!! :cool1:

I promised myself that if I desperately needed to write another PTR, I'd at least wait until this TR was wrapped up... so until that day comes (will it ever? we may never know!), I'll just be sharing my excitement over my upcoming trip alongside my updates here! :hyper:
Oh I totally understand that! I keep thinking - should I make a PTR for upcoming trips... but then I don't know if I'd update them, and I'm already so far behind on the 2 TR's I'm working on! Maybe I'll just make a PTR for my Asian trip, since that helps organize my thoughts!

We tried to mobile order at Woody's Lunch Box, but MDE was-- get ready, this one's a shocker!-- not working for us. Sometimes, certain QS locations will turn off mobile ordering if they're getting too backed up in the kitchen and can't staff mobile ordering. But I think the app was just trash in this instance, because it told us we would be able to order at WLB... until it came time to load the menu.
That's annoying. Was it right around the time they transitioned from Breakfast to Lunch? I discovered that the hard way, but ended up taking my time walking around TSL for photos, constantly checking the app, and then I finally was able to order!

Once we got back to Hollywood Boulevard, we stopped for pictures once again. A PP CM had another really cute prop for us to use. I adore how these came out!

enhance
Super adorable in your matching headbands!

You guys lived your best lives in TSL! I love the list of things purchased :rotfl:And you guys all wearing your headbands is the cutest!!

Oh and yay for getting MNSSHP tickets! So exciting!

Honestly, I was so happy for my family-- dad and Grace specifically were REALLY looking forward to seeing Toy Story Land, and I'm so glad they got to do (and buy, lol) everything they wanted! Thank you so much, I really love our headband picture!!

We are so, so, so excited!! :maleficen

I'm SOOOOOO insanely jealous you're getting to go back for another MNSSHP and that you have tickets already this far in advanced. TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!

"Potato barrels" Lol, they are literally tater tots like basic basic BASIC taters. Disney, you so cute. I'm sorry WLB wasn't that great, but I'm glad at least it offers variety because yeah DHS has historically had the most lackluster options for QS with or without all the construction.

If you love Swirling Saucers, you'd be GAGGED over Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Those PP photos are so cute and I NEED those Slinky Dog headbands, they're so presh. I live for your EXTRAAAA family! :mickeyjum

Sister, don't be jealous-- COME WITH US!! We would adore having you!!

They really are basic tots, I'd love to see WLB serve some Parmesan or seasonings on them. In all honesty, I appreciated WLB-- it may not have been the best meal I've ever had on property, but it was far from the worst and like you said, a stand-out from other QS options at DHS. It was the right move.

I'm sure I'd adore Mater's Junkyard Jamboree!

Honestly, my family was too much at DHS this year.

dKidtuc.gif

Thank you for the love as usual, I love you honey bunches!

I feel your pain with the PTR-fever...and I don't even have a trip in the works!! So excited for you & your MNSSHP tickets!!

I am seriously impressed that you managed to do ALL the things in TSL--and with pictures to prove it!

That pic of yall with your TSL headbands is the cutest!

There's only one solution: You must plan your own MNSSHP trip with your family!

tenor.gif

Thank you so much for the love! My family loved our DHS day and we were so happy to get so much fun!!

Yay to August trips, we will be there from 8/17-8/26, staying at YC and GF! I am thinking of doing the MNSSHP on 8/20 also!! How fun!

AS2 is a fun ride, we loved it

We tried the raspberry tart and really liked it from Woody’s

I love all your pictures, so cute!

Yay!! It looks like it's going to be a really fun week in the parks, hope you can join the 8/20 MNSSHP club! It looks like it's one of the cheapest dates this year. We're trying to switch from Poly to GF tomorrow morning, but we're unsure our 7 Month window will have any availability at the GF studios!

AS2 was so cute!

Thank you so much-- you're the sweetest!

Oh I totally understand that! I keep thinking - should I make a PTR for upcoming trips... but then I don't know if I'd update them, and I'm already so far behind on the 2 TR's I'm working on! Maybe I'll just make a PTR for my Asian trip, since that helps organize my thoughts!

That's annoying. Was it right around the time they transitioned from Breakfast to Lunch? I discovered that the hard way, but ended up taking my time walking around TSL for photos, constantly checking the app, and then I finally was able to order!

Super adorable in your matching headbands!

I definitely resonate with you on being behind on TRs and PTRs, it's why I'm hesitant to start a PTR! I support a PTR for your Asian trip-- the biggest reason I start PTRs is to organize all of my thoughts, but I'm using Google Sheets for my August trip so far and it seems to be working really well!

It was around noon when we got there, and I think they transition closer to 10:30, I think MDE was just acting up. We saw less of it this trip, but there's no denying MDE is one of the most fickle apps I've ever used.

Thank you so, so much!!

Loving this report so far. You have an awesome family, your old man wearing the Alien Ears is awesome!

I've also got tickets for MNSSHP 20/8, might see you there!!

Loving this report so far. You have an awesome family, your old man wearing the Alien Ears is awesome!

I've also got tickets for MNSSHP 20/8, might see you there!!

:welcome: Thank you so much for your kind words-- I love my family, and my dad sure loves his Alien Ears!!! :stitch:

Yay!! So exciting-- hopefully our paths will cross!!

Let's Get this (Ginger)bread

When we got back to the resort, we changed into our bathing suits and headed to the pool. First we headed to the Lava Pool and chilled there. We were there for about 15 minutes before mom announced that she wanted to go into the hot tub-- unfortunately, the hot tub by the Lava Pool was out of order, which meant she proceeded to drag us out of the water and over to the quiet pool. It was on this walk from one pool to another pool that we realized the Poly was not as hot as Hollywood Studios was. That's November in Orlando for you!

giphy.gif

Mom and I sat in the hot tub while dad got us drinks. Mom & I got the same thing: the Spikey Pineapple! For those unfamiliar with the Spikey Pineapple: it's a dole whip with rum. I assumed it would look similar to a dole whip float, with a swirl of dole whip sitting on top of rum. I was wrong! The Spikey Pineapple is mixed in those big washing-machine looking drink mixers next to the pina colada and daquiri mixers, so it's almost like a melted dole whip, and the rum is mixed right in with it! It was dangerous-- and by that I mean, delicious, and if you hadn't told me there was rum in it, I would have been none the wiser. :drinking1

After I finished my Spikey Pineapple, I actually decided I'd take a quick shower and tour the monorail resorts. I wanted to see the gingerbread houses at the GF and Contemporary before our dinner ADR!

After a speedy shower, I was on my way over to the Grand Floridian. The GF was POPPIN' tonight! :eek:

enhance

enhance

enhance

I toured the Mercantile (it's one of my favorite gift shops on property! I love the shopping options at the GF), but I didn't see anything I wanted, so I just decided to head down to the gingerbread house. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a PhotoPass CM accompanying the house!

enhance

If you haven't visited the GF gingerbread house, I highly recommend you do so! It goes up sometime in early November, and it's a lot of fun to see and visit.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I thought these little lace curtains were the cutest!

enhance

enhance

enhance

I decided I would get in line to buy something. The line was kinda long and slow moving, so be prepared to wait a little bit if you want to try some of the gingerbread! Pro tip: the little sundries gift shop that you encounter between the walk from the lobby to 1900 Park Fare/GF Cafe sells all of the gingerbread stuff you an get at the house. If you don't mind not buying directly from the window of the house, you can save a lot of time going there instead.

enhance

Also: as a side note, I feel as though the prices are at least a little unreasonable for the stuff here, even by Disney's standards.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Out of all the goodies sold, I settled on the gingerbread Mickey Mouse cookie with chocolate-dipped ears.

enhance

I stowed it in my bag for later consumption. Notes from when I consumed it later: the gingerbread at the Grand Floridian is definitely not your typical store-bought or even Disney-confectionery-counter type gingerbread. Like the pamphlet says, it's made from an Austrian recipe, which is different than what American palates may recognize as typical gingerbread. That's not a positive or negative note, just something good to know before purchasing. It's very soft and chewy, like normal bread would be, and it is definitely not as sweet as "normal" gingerbread. I'm really glad I got it with the chocolate dip, because the sweetness of the chocolate definitely helped cut some of the ginger and spice of the cookie!

I moved on to that really fancy store at the Grand Floridian, and I love this bag. Isn't it the cutest? I know that Kate Spade for Minnie Mouse is at least a year old at this point, but I hadn't seen the backpack before.

enhance

I headed to the Contemporary resort next. I didn't get a chance to visit the CR's gingerbread house during my DCP, so I really wanted to see it this time around. It's not as grandiose as the GF house, but it will probably be more interesting for small kids to see, since it usually features beloved Disney characters. During my program, it was Frozen themed, and this year, it was Cinderella themed.

Also-- I'm just noticing this now: look at the Small World clock on the top right corner!

enhance

I was really surprised to see Cinderella's glass slipper here!

enhance

I looked to see if the gingerbread offerings were different here than they were at the GF, alas, they were not. It seemed to be the same offerings, only instead of being Mickey Mouse/Grand Floridian themed, they were themed to Cinderella. For example: there were these rice krispie treat lollipops at both stands, and at the GF, they were stamped with a white chocolate GF logo, but here, they were stamped with a white chocolate photo of Cinderella's carriage.

I also snatched a photo of this pop art Mickey light display. I really like the theming of the Contemporary.

enhance

So while I was at the Contemporary, I got a text message from my friend Sean. He goes to Pace with me, and we're in an online class together. So he texts me and says, "I need to reply to one more person on Blackboard before our fourth module is due tomorrow, I can't find your second post?"

So that's the moment I realized I had a post due on Blackboard the next day for a chapter I hadn't read with a textbook I didn't have on me.

giphy.gif

I thanked him for reminding me it was due and rushed back to the Poly. As usual, I got off at the TTC and floored it to my longhouse. I was panicking at this point because I didn't have my textbook on me, so I had to basically read other people's posts for the questions and rewrite a conglomerate of their answers in my own answer. Then I had to write three responses to other people's posts.

While I was doing that, the rest of the family was at the Grand Floridian. They all kinda match, which is super cute to me.

enhance

The stressful endeavor-- which was totally my fault, I thought I had another week to do the posts so I figured I'd put it off until we came home from the trip-- put me in quite a tired, stressed out mood. I finished my post just in time to meet my family for dinner at 'Ohana, where I expressed my nervousness for Animal Kingdom the next day.

For context: my family has never enjoyed a full day at Animal Kingdom. It's my least favorite park. It's very big, very hot, and very stressful for us. My dad almost fainted last year when we went because it was so hot and we had been walking around for so long. There's normally some type of small tiff between the four of us, and we never, ever, ever make it to our Yak & Yeti reservation because we get tired and heat sick early in the day, causing us to head back to the resort around two hours post-arrival. When you mix our inability to tour Animal Kingdom mixed with the crowds we had been seeing this week, I told my family that I was thinking about cancelling our Yak & Yeti reservation for the next day and booking a dinner on the monorail loop instead. They, for once, were the ones to convince me not to cancel Y&Y. I decided I'd give it a whirl, even though I was skeptical we'd make it, then our buzzer went off and we were seated for dinner.

So, 'Ohana: we ain't got photos of 'Ohana.

tenor.gif

Instead of going through the full 'Ohana menu, which I'm sure some of you may probably be familiar with already, I will link you to this fabulous DFB review of 'Ohana. The menu has not changed in years. I will go through our experience with the meal very quickly:

- Our server was fine. I don't remember much about him, but he seemed to have a strong enough presence at our table. He might have been trying to rush us towards the end? It was closer to 9:30 when we were seated, so I'm sure there were tables waiting to get seated to see the fireworks show. We did see (er, hear, our table didn't have a view of the castle) the fireworks during our dinner.
- Bread was warm, I love the butter that comes with it
- Love, love, love the salad and the dressing!
- Wings and pot stickers: best part of the meal. I ate so many of them. We also love the noodles, but I've heard that in the very recent past, they were replaced with fried rice? If anyone is around to confirm this, I will be v. sad.
- The meat was great this time around! We've had not-so-great meat in the past, this was warm and seasoned just right.
- The bread pudding is amazing.

In all, our dinner at 'Ohana was surprisingly a lot better than our August 2017 dinner. Once again, as most frequent 'Ohana flyers can tell you: the quality of food is spotty at 'Ohana. You could have a terrible meal one month and a fabulous meal the next month. Thankfully, we were here on an "on" night. We will probably return year after year for the sake of being at the Poly so frequently.

Also-- during this evening, I finally tried the Lapu Lapu! I definitely needed a drink after my stressful post-assignment rush, so I opted for the popular pineapple drink, which includes Myer's Original Dark Rum, tropical fruit juices, AND Goslings 151 rum. I will put a photo in here from Disney Food Blog:

Lapu-Lapu-Tambu-Lounge.jpg

This drink is very big, and it is very, very, VERY strong. We didn't have time to order it from the bar, and our server brought it to our table about halfway into the meal because he had forgotten to put it in-- so I kind of rushed myself with this drink, not wanting to lug such a large and heavy pineapple all the way back to Moorea. Boy, was that a walk. :bitelip:

Anyway, as soon as I got back to Moorea, I got into my PJs, brushed my teeth and hit the hay.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Ugh, that Spikey Pineapple sounds SOOO GOOD. Can we add that now to our extremely extravagant but probably won't all happen reunion?

You resort hopping by yourself and spending all that time in GF for the Christmas decor is bringing me back to our CP when I did that so much. And lol I did see the Frozen display at CR during our program, bought my gingerbread there too (and I honestly prefer the Austrian way than the American way of Gingerbread).

Omg I'm sorry that school had to butt in on your trip. That would be my worst nightmare hence why I never could've done online classes during our CP. I would've DIED. But glad you got it all squared away.

It breaks no SHATTERS my heart every time you talk about your awful experiences at DAK and how you just can't love it. My unloved baby since my first visit in 2010, I will defend her to the end. Y'all need to make your days there geared towards the nighttime that's the time to be there, even if you are missing the fireworks at all the other parks. It's so surreal. One day I will show you how to love DAK ONE DAY.

Hope your stressful evening didn't lead to a stressful day following. Crossing my fingers for you AFTER the fact. :tink:

The fried rice didn't last long, they changed back to noodles already, even saying that they had simply run out of noodles. :rolleyes1 At any rate, it's back to normal.

Ugh, that Spikey Pineapple sounds SOOO GOOD. Can we add that now to our extremely extravagant but probably won't all happen reunion?

You resort hopping by yourself and spending all that time in GF for the Christmas decor is bringing me back to our CP when I did that so much. And lol I did see the Frozen display at CR during our program, bought my gingerbread there too (and I honestly prefer the Austrian way than the American way of Gingerbread).

Omg I'm sorry that school had to butt in on your trip. That would be my worst nightmare hence why I never could've done online classes during our CP. I would've DIED. But glad you got it all squared away.

It breaks no SHATTERS my heart every time you talk about your awful experiences at DAK and how you just can't love it. My unloved baby since my first visit in 2010, I will defend her to the end. Y'all need to make your days there geared towards the nighttime that's the time to be there, even if you are missing the fireworks at all the other parks. It's so surreal. One day I will show you how to love DAK ONE DAY.

Hope your stressful evening didn't lead to a stressful day following. Crossing my fingers for you AFTER the fact. :tink:

We can add it to the list, AND I'm speaking this extravagant reunion into existence. We will do it, sis, I promise!

Omg if I had done classes during FA16 I would have legitimately died... also, I applied three years ago this week. Where on earth did all the time go?

The DRAMA in this DAK paragraph is TOO MUCH for 9:30 AM "It breaks no SHATTERS my heart... my unloved baby... I will defend her to the end... One day I will show you how to love DAK"

NeighboringPleasingFalcon-size_restricted.gif

I hope for my sake that I didn't have a stressful DAK day, too :upsidedow

The fried rice didn't last long, they changed back to noodles already, even saying that they had simply run out of noodles. :rolleyes1 At any rate, it's back to normal.

That's fantastic to know!!! I was hoping that was the case!!! Thank you!

We can add it to the list, AND I'm speaking this extravagant reunion into existence. We will do it, sis, I promise!

NE6rbCr.gif

Me preparing to put in all the pixie dust and effort possible to make sure this happens.

Omg if I had done classes during FA16 I would have legitimately died... also, I applied three years ago this week. Where on earth did all the time go?

I KNOW! I noticed that and soon I'm gonna have one year since I applied for my program this summer. It's wild. Life passes us by too fast. We're too young for this.

The DRAMA in this DAK paragraph is TOO MUCH for 9:30 AM "It breaks no SHATTERS my heart... my unloved baby... I will defend her to the end... One day I will show you how to love DAK"

NeighboringPleasingFalcon-size_restricted.gif

I think you should just expect at this point that every time you talk about your horrible experiences at DAK and how it just never works out, I will be #TRIGGERED. I mean... you should see the mess on Twitter last night because I literally had an existential crisis about DAK after reading this... whoops...

but MDE was-- get ready, this one's a shocker!-- not working for us
What?! I'm absolutely floored that this marvelously designed piece of technology for ONCE IN IT'S EXISTENCE didn't work for you.

Or at least, a win for us and a... neutral score for the other party
We'll call it a win for them- it's Disney :P

I recommend it... I think.
I only got to have breakfast at WLB (and we got the smores sandwich and hazelnut tart so it was less breakfast and more 10am sugar bomb) and I was bummed we didn't get a chance to try lunch. The totchos look amazing!

big trend energy
Oh lord

hermione slow clap.gif

Extra? Us? Never...
aliens.gif
[How I picture your family at the souvenir cart]

First we headed to the Lava Pool and chilled there
Was that hard to do? Chill...at the...lava...pool...

If you haven't visited the GF gingerbread house, I highly recommend you do so!
I can seriously smell these pictures rn

I finished my post just in time to meet my family for dinner
WOW stress! Glad you got it done!

Also-- during this evening, I finally tried the Lapu Lapu! I definitely needed a drink after my stressful post-assignment rush, so I opted for the popular pineapple drink, which includes Myer's Original Dark Rum, tropical fruit juices, AND Goslings 151 rum
you deserve it.gif

What?! I'm absolutely floored that this marvelously designed piece of technology for ONCE IN IT'S EXISTENCE didn't work for you.

We'll call it a win for them- it's Disney :P

I only got to have breakfast at WLB (and we got the smores sandwich and hazelnut tart so it was less breakfast and more 10am sugar bomb) and I was bummed we didn't get a chance to try lunch. The totchos look amazing!

Oh lord

View attachment 377249

View attachment 377250
[How I picture your family at the souvenir cart]

Was that hard to do? Chill...at the...lava...pool...

I can seriously smell these pictures rn

WOW stress! Glad you got it done!

View attachment 377251

I am CRYING at your commentary as usual, from "ONCE IN IT'S EXISTENCE" to "Chill...at the...lava...pool..." Please, never leave this website.

I hear the S'more sandwich is great, I really want to try it!!!

That was EXACTLY my dad at the souvenir cart. He literally picked up his headband and went "Ooooooooh..."

The whole lobby smelled so good, I miss it so much!

It was a stressful moment for sure, but at least I had a Lapu Lapu in my midst to help me forget about it.

I am so excited for your next TR!! I have been dying over your IG coverage of the trip!!

Sounds like a fun time exploring the resorts!

Ugh how stressful about your school work! Definitely not something you want to be worrying about while on vacay!

I really hope you finally make it to Y&Y!!

I love how enthusiastic your family was over TSL! My brother just recently got back and complained about everything there and I was just like I do not understand your complaints lol

And omg how stressful with your homework! At least your friend reminded you BEFORE it was due and not after. Because that would have been sucky lol

Sounds like a fun time exploring the resorts!

Ugh how stressful about your school work! Definitely not something you want to be worrying about while on vacay!

I really hope you finally make it to Y&Y!!

It was a lot of fun getting to see the Grand and Contemporary all dressed up for Christmas!

'Twas a stressful time, thankfully, I aced the assignment with flying colors so all's well that ends well!

I hope we do, too!

I love how enthusiastic your family was over TSL! My brother just recently got back and complained about everything there and I was just like I do not understand your complaints lol

And omg how stressful with your homework! At least your friend reminded you BEFORE it was due and not after. Because that would have been sucky lol

Duuuuude, my family went CRAZY over TSL! I can't imagine what there could be to complain about-- it was such a fun and well-thought-out land!

It was stressful, but like you said, it was good that I caught it before it was due!

Day 4: Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom
"This was at NINE in the MORNING"

Animal Kingdom opened at 8 AM the next day, and when I woke up at 6:30, I decided there wouldn’t be any harm in rope dropping, so I got ready and was out the door by 7:00-ish.

I didn’t wait very long for an Animal Kingdom bus. After a pit stop at the Grand Floridian, we were en route to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park!

We got there around 8:00, and I was already nervous because there were so many people walking from the buses to the park entrance. It was maybe 7:45 when I made my way into the park, and I realized that it was probably too late to rope drop Pandora-- there was a MASS of people walking over there, so it looks like they opened Pandora early (like the opened Toy Story Land early the day before.)

I wasn’t super invested in the idea of waiting in an hour long (maybe longer) line to finally get on FoP, in fact-- getting to Asia while everyone else went straight to Pandora seemed even more appealing! I’d be doing Pandora with my family later, now would be a good time to do things like single-rider line-ing EE, character M&Gs, and Dinosaur.

So where did I head to first?

DxjFIgSX4AIVSz_.jpg

(Note: I didn’t bring my camera do DAK today (I never do), so I lack DAK photos. Sorry!)

I rope dropped Adventurer's Outpost because I really wanted to meet Mickey and Minnie in their holiday sweaters. They’re the sweetest! I was the first to meet them today, so Mickey ran out of the room to greet me. Mickey was gushing over my Shellie May gear and I was gushing over Minnie's luggage. We had a GREAT time together.

enhance

enhance

I decided I’d trek it to Expedition Everest afterwards. On my way over, I captured the best photo of my favorite photo op:

DxjFIgXWwAAVwbX.jpg

Going to EE was the best decision EVER, because thanks to ye olde single rider line, I was able to do it 5 times in a row. On my third time coming off of it, a CM in the gift shop stopped me to ask, “was it better the first or second time?”

The first photo did NOT appear in my MDE app, but I assure you it was 5 times.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After 5 times, I decided I wanted some coffee, so I made my way to the Joffrey’s stand in Asia.

It was 8:50 when I got in line-- I remember this moment SO clearly-- then, with a clear vision of a vanilla iced latte ingrained in my mind, one woman was standing before me. When she placed her order, she asked the most powerful question of our generation: “Can I please get a coffee with two shots of Khalua?”

enhance

To be clear: I’m absolutely not shaming this woman for ordering two shots of Khalua in her coffee at 8:53 on a Wednesday morning. On the contrary, I just wanted to point out that this woman was a mood, and it’s very important to me that you know that this trailblazer made me seriously contemplate paying OOP for a coffee with Khalua to put a little extra pep in my step before heading over to Dinosaur. Wherever you may be, thank you for coming forth to ask the hard-hitting questions. I did chicken out once I got to the register, but following in her footsteps on the table for a powerful, chaotic, fleeting moment. This summer, I promise I'll venture to do the same.

With my (dry) iced vanilla latte in hand, I headed to Dinoland USA. There was no wait time for Dinosaur, so I did that.

enhance

When I got off of Dinosaur, I asked a CM if Chip and Dale were still meeting in their cute little dino outfits. He said yes, and I vowed to visit them later in the day.

After Dinosaur, I thought about visiting Pocahontas. She moved locations, so I just had to go back over to the Tree of Life. She’s now meeting off of this little path by the Creature Comforts Starbucks. For anyone who hasn't met her here yet and doesn't know this, she has no PhotoPass with her in her new spot, so you'll need your own phone/camera!

Today, Pocahontas was very casual today! She was super chill, very much a contrast to other times I’ve met Poca. Poca can be very stiff, but she was very comfortable and warm. She was like, “So what are you gonna do next?” and I was all:

DxjFIgVXQAYbgeZ.jpg

DxjFIgXX4AMOyPQ.jpg

She was all, "c u l8r!" and I was all "ttyl!" and when I checked my phone, Grace had texted me saying the rest of the family was here at DAK so I went to join them.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Memo to me: We're riding FoP for the first time together this summer. It's a done deal.

Adventurer's Outpost is literally the most underrated place to meet Mickey and Minnie. They are so much fun especially when you catch them with no wait. That's why the lines are so long they will take forever with whoever. The attendant had to stop my meet once in there we were taking so long (not the first or last time though hehe)

Only 5 times... really? ;)

A JOHN MULANEY MEME. YOU ARE DOING THE LORD'S WORK. AND OMG KAHLUA AT NINE IN THE MORNING I AM HERE FOR IT. GUESS I'M VISITING JOFFREY'S FOR THAT LITNESS.

Gurl, you need to meet Poca at Disneyland. She is so casual, granted everyone there is, but the first time I met her I was like WHAT WHO WHEN But omg I need Poca's eyebrow lady, her skin care routine and teeth whitening regimen. Sis is STUNNING.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!