ShellieMay, Slinky Dog, and the SCRUNCHIEST Thanksgiving Ever! - A Nov 18 TR *FINISHED! 4/28*

We had a GREAT time together
Gurrll your shirt is giving me all the third grade vibes

The first photo did NOT appear in my MDE app, but I assure you it was 5 times
Okay but what the ferb is going on in the front row on that first photo? Is the dude trying to hide from the drop? What does he hope to accomplish there?

Wherever you may be, thank you for coming forth to ask the hard-hitting questions
Not all heroes wear capes. Indeed, some are smashed when they're getting dressed so they can't work the clasp.

She was all, "c u l8r!" and I was all "ttyl!"
Okay remake of Pocahontas but set in like the early 2000s and Grandmother Willow is like a female Soulja Boy. You're on to something.

BTDubs that photo of Everest is everything. So moody!

Memo to me: We're riding FoP for the first time together this summer. It's a done deal.

Adventurer's Outpost is literally the most underrated place to meet Mickey and Minnie. They are so much fun especially when you catch them with no wait. That's why the lines are so long they will take forever with whoever. The attendant had to stop my meet once in there we were taking so long (not the first or last time though hehe)

Only 5 times... really? ;)

A JOHN MULANEY MEME. YOU ARE DOING THE LORD'S WORK. AND OMG KAHLUA AT NINE IN THE MORNING I AM HERE FOR IT. GUESS I'M VISITING JOFFREY'S FOR THAT LITNESS.

Gurl, you need to meet Poca at Disneyland. She is so casual, granted everyone there is, but the first time I met her I was like WHAT WHO WHEN But omg I need Poca's eyebrow lady, her skin care routine and teeth whitening regimen. Sis is STUNNING.

Yes to FOP together!

I love Adventurer's Outpost SO much, they're the sweetest together! I have to meet the two of them in Magic Kingdom this summer!

Only 5. Could have been 6, but some kid hurdled over the ropes and fell on his face on my 5th time entering the single-rider line so I was like "mmm gonna give this a rest"

tenor.gif

I'm just out here trying to incorporate more John Mulaney into my TRs and more Kahlua into my DAK expeditions

YES!!! This Poca was so beautiful, give me her beauty team plz

1,2,3,4,5 that was amazing loved the ride photos

Thank you so much!!

Gurrll your shirt is giving me all the third grade vibes

Okay but what the ferb is going on in the front row on that first photo? Is the dude trying to hide from the drop? What does he hope to accomplish there?

Not all heroes wear capes. Indeed, some are smashed when they're getting dressed so they can't work the clasp.

Okay remake of Pocahontas but set in like the early 2000s and Grandmother Willow is like a female Soulja Boy. You're on to something.

BTDubs that photo of Everest is everything. So moody!

THANK YOU! I saw it at Torrid last time I went and I was like "ugh mood have to have it"

I have NO idea. Neither of them look particularily happy to be on the ride this morning.

INDEED. I wonder how this woman ended up at the end of the day. I'm sure two shots of Kahlua would have got me dancing like nobody's watching on the Dinloand Dance Party dance floor.

YES to this reimagining as long as one of the Cheetah Girls is playing Poca

THANK YOU!!! I knew I had to stop when I saw the fog encompassing the mountain... the sheer DRAMA

Cute pics with Mickey & Minnie! And 5 times on EE is an awesome accomplishment!

Thank you so much!! It was a really fun morning, I'm definitely proud for 5 times on EE!!

After 5 times, I decided I wanted some coffee, so I made my way to the Joffrey’s stand in Asia.

It was 8:50 when I got in line-- I remember this moment SO clearly-- then, with a clear vision of a vanilla iced latte ingrained in my mind, one woman was standing before me. When she placed her order, she asked the most powerful question of our generation: “Can I please get a coffee with two shots of Khalua?”

tenor.gif

I want to vacation with that lady!

Hey! Just joining in!

I saw scrunchie in the title and I immediately knew I had to click!:rotfl: It was definitely worth the read. I love your sense of humor and writing style!

This definitely seems like such a fun trip despite the crowds and the situation with your assignment. As a college, I definitely feel that on a spiritual level though! Me and my family are visiting WDW during my spring break in March and I know there's going to be many nights where I'm stuck studying in the hotel room. :sad2:

Can't wait for the next update!

And there's like a Cheetah Sisters/Colors of the Wind mashup. I'm feeling it.

It's like I can hear the synthetic background instruments right now... I'll fund it.

tenor.gif

I want to vacation with that lady!

Me too!!! I wish there was some way for her to see this-- I'm such a fan!!

Hey! Just joining in!

I saw scrunchie in the title and I immediately knew I had to click!:rotfl: It was definitely worth the read. I love your sense of humor and writing style!

This definitely seems like such a fun trip despite the crowds and the situation with your assignment. As a college, I definitely feel that on a spiritual level though! Me and my family are visiting WDW during my spring break in March and I know there's going to be many nights where I'm stuck studying in the hotel room. :sad2:

Can't wait for the next update!

Hello, hello, hello! Thanks for joining in! :welcome:

Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm so happy to have another scrunchie fan on board!!!

It was stressful at times, but it was definitely a trip for the books! I'm so glad you can relate as a college student-- hang in there! I'll check out your PTR!

I'll update again soon!!

PTR Update
Hey everyone! I'll have a new update for the TR soon. Until then, I just wanted to let you guys know that I've started my PTR for our August 2019 trip! I know I said I wouldn't start a PTR until this was wrapped up, but I just couldn't wait-- things have been so crazy exciting, I didn't want anything else to happen without a PTR to record it on!

You can click here to follow along: Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally!

We Broke The Curse!

When I last left you, my family had just arrived at DAK. So I went to go greet them by Creature Comforts and we decided to get in the Stand-by Line for Kilimanjaro Safaris. The posted wait time was an hour, and we had a good hour to kill before our lunch ADR, so we got in line.

As we got in line, we realized that the temperature today was perfect. Every other time we've been to DAK, it's always been sweltering hot-- today, it was sunny, but it was gorgeous! I think it was ~65 degrees outside, but it felt like 70 at DAK. We were thriving. There was this really sweet family in line behind us from Illinois, the mother was a teacher and they were talking to us about how much they loved visiting WDW every year.

We waited about an hour in line before it was our turn to board the safari. Being that it was cooler than it normally was when we visit DAK, the animals were just slightly more active than we've seen in the past. We saw the baby giraffe, she's the sweetest thing ever. My favorite members of the Kilimanjaro Squad, however, are the lions.

DyvNTUIWoAAi5LD.jpg

DyvNTUQXcAEs0Qr.jpg

DyvNTUFWoAY5aAo.jpg

When we were done with Kilimanjaro Safari, the family had to go to the bathroom. We did that, and then we found a wall I had been looking for!

DyvOuHIXgAATnAZ.jpg

If you're looking for it, it's tucked away in the Harambe Marketplace corner by a backstage entrance.

So once we were finished taking wall pics, it was 12, and our Yak & Yeti reservation was for 12:15, so we made our way over there and checked in. The CM who checked us in told us that because the park was so busy, we'd be getting seated closer to our actual reservation time, which was obviously fine. We ended up getting brought up to our table at around 12:30, but none of us were supremely hungry, so that was fine.

If you have not been following this saga since 2014: we've made a reservation to eat at Yak & Yeti every year since 2014, and we've cancelled this reservation either shortly before the trip or in the middle of the trip every year since then. I'm not kidding. Here we are 4 vacations later, and we finally broke the curse!

For lunch, I got the Honey Chicken. It's a favorite from when I ate at the Y&Y QS on my program!

DyvOuG9WwAMEkhj.jpg

I think as far as TS dining at DAK goes, this dish was great. It's about the same quality as you'd expect from P.F. Changs or a similar chain restaurant. It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was flavorful and definitely hit the spot! There was a pretty good amount of chicken, vegetables, and rice on the plate.

The entire reason I kept booking this restaurant was so that I could try the pineapple & cream cheese wontons that everyone keeps raving about.

DyvOuHRXgAI2YWL.jpg

There were, in one word: amazing. They were little fried wonton wrappers filled with this cream cheese filling, and then stacked onto a skewer alongside sweet chunks of pineapple. They're covered in a vanilla sauce and served with vanilla ice cream with strawberries. They are amazing. They're warm, they're gooey, and they aren't so sweet you'll get sick on Expedition Everest! They were 100% worth a four-year wait, IMHO

After we placed our dessert order for the skewers, I remembered that mom really, really wanted to try the mango pie on the menu here! I asked her why she didn't order it and she said, "I heard it's better at the quick service location. I want to get one there." I didn't question where she got this info, and vowed to bring her there later on in the evening.

So, on this day we eventually broke the curse of Yak & Yeti. With a friendly waiter and life-altering pineapple cream-cheese skewers, we will be sure to return at some point now that the curse has been reversed.

Once we were finished with lunch, our Expedition Everest window opened up, so we went there and used our FP+! It was mom and Grace's first time riding it. Presumably, it was also mom and Grace's last time riding it. They were definitely not a fan of EE. I wish we had the photo, but Photopass ate it :( Dad seemed to have fun, though! When we were done, he sifted through the gift shop to find a sweater I bought on my DCP, but he couldn't find it, so he said he'd get something else later.

Then we decided we'd go head to Dinoland before our Na'vi River Journey FP+. The rest of the family went to the bathroom... and I snuck off to get a photo with my two favorite munks! There wasn't a line, so I went to say hi to them.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
THE DAK AND YAK & YETI *e*** FAMILY CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN. I have never been more lit for something in a TR than I am for this. Sis is bouncing off the walls. This is Timmy's gay agenda tbh DAK & JOE ROHDE DAY LONG APPRECIATION FOR LIFE.

Anyways, the Wontons look delish. I'd probably skip on the pineapple *YUCK* but I love me a quality vanilla and fried overload.

I'm sorry Grace and your mom weren't fans of EE. Guess that's more reason why I need to come back to WDW this summer. We will true form be marathoning that and you know, my visits to Disco Yeti (almost said Harold and now I'm crying because MATTERHORN) require at least three rides.

NO LINE FOR MY BB CHIPPY BOYS IN THE CUTEST DINOSAUR ONESIES KNOWN TO MAN AND CREATURE?!?! wow, I actually hate locals. But you look so so cute with them especially with the Shellie Mae Tokyo Disneyland look you are serving. I feel seen by this whole M&G tbh and that's saying something because people who are friends of mine going to M&Gs is me feeling seen but THIS... i. am. SEEN.

Yay for breaking the curse at AK, Y&Y is a favorite of ours. The cream cheese wontons are so yummy!

I have also heard the mango pie at the qs is really good, I have yet to confirm this!

I read your entire report last night. I'm enjoying it. I need to find that "You Are Most Beautiful" wall next time I'm in Harambe. I can't believe you don't care for Animal Kingdom! It's one of my favorite parks! I love all the little details and the lush greenery and all the animals! I find that it's the most relaxing of the parks; I take it like World Showcase and stroll and savor it all. If I try to rush it, I miss the magic.

It was 8:50 when I got in line-- I remember this moment SO clearly-- then, with a clear vision of a vanilla iced latte ingrained in my mind, one woman was standing before me. When she placed her order, she asked the most powerful question of our generation: “Can I please get a coffee with two shots of Khalua?”

Thank you for your public service reporting. This is officially on the to do list for my DH the next trip!

Loving the chipmunk-a-sarous m&g - that is a must do for me on the next trip.

THE DAK AND YAK & YETI *e*** FAMILY CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN. I have never been more lit for something in a TR than I am for this. Sis is bouncing off the walls. This is Timmy's gay agenda tbh DAK & JOE ROHDE DAY LONG APPRECIATION FOR LIFE.

Anyways, the Wontons look delish. I'd probably skip on the pineapple *YUCK* but I love me a quality vanilla and fried overload.

I'm sorry Grace and your mom weren't fans of EE. Guess that's more reason why I need to come back to WDW this summer. We will true form be marathoning that and you know, my visits to Disco Yeti (almost said Harold and now I'm crying because MATTERHORN) require at least three rides.

NO LINE FOR MY BB CHIPPY BOYS IN THE CUTEST DINOSAUR ONESIES KNOWN TO MAN AND CREATURE?!?! wow, I actually hate locals. But you look so so cute with them especially with the Shellie Mae Tokyo Disneyland look you are serving. I feel seen by this whole M&G tbh and that's saying something because people who are friends of mine going to M&Gs is me feeling seen but THIS... i. am. SEEN.

YAASSSS WE DID IT!!! 5 TRS LATER AND WE DID IT!!!! THIS is Timmy culture :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

If we go to WDW this summer, we'll do wontons and I'll eat ur pineapple. Promise.

It's okay, I lowkey had a feeling they wouldn't like EE, but we will be marathoning once we reunite in our truest form.

I SEE you. You are SEEN. Every time I meet the munks, I think of you... LOVE YOU BABY BOY :hug:

Yay for breaking the curse at AK, Y&Y is a favorite of ours. The cream cheese wontons are so yummy!

I have also heard the mango pie at the qs is really good, I have yet to confirm this!

Yay!! We were VERY happy, lol. And the wontons were amazing!!

You DEFINITELY will need to find out for yourself next time you're in DAK!

I read your entire report last night. I'm enjoying it. I need to find that "You Are Most Beautiful" wall next time I'm in Harambe. I can't believe you don't care for Animal Kingdom! It's one of my favorite parks! I love all the little details and the lush greenery and all the animals! I find that it's the most relaxing of the parks; I take it like World Showcase and stroll and savor it all. If I try to rush it, I miss the magic.

:welcome: Thanks so much for your kind words-- they mean a lot to me! Happy to have you here!

YAMB wall is definitely tucked away in a very unexpected corner, it takes a full-on scavenger hunt to find it!

DAK is def. an acquired taste for me-- but we had a REALLY great day here together with my family!

This is my fave TR ever. The Kahlua coffee had me rolling! I know where I'm going next time!

I'm blushing!! Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate them so much! :cutie: You DEFINITELY need a pit stop at the Joffrey's stand in Asia next time you're at DAK!

Thank you for your public service reporting. This is officially on the to do list for my DH the next trip!

Loving the chipmunk-a-sarous m&g - that is a must do for me on the next trip.

It's my duty! Definitely make a pit stop at Joffrey's next time you're in DAK!

They are seriously the cutest!! I 10/10 recommend them!

YAY for breaking the Y&Y curse!! Those wontons look so yummy!

Ok your pics with the dino munks are the cutest things ever! I looked for them while we were there, but I only ever saw them as they were walking away for a break.

Hi Kaitlyn, :wave2:

It has been a VERY long time since I've been on the DIS. Also I know I'm late to your TR, but I'm here now!

Loving it so far...::yes::

-POLY is so beautiful, your DVC studio is so nice!
-loving all the character pics so far
-OMG, TSL is great isn't it? I experienced it for the first time this past summer and I can't wait to go back. The fact that you and your family all got the headbands is just fantastic!
-all your food looks great so far!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your meal at California Grill. Its a place I've always wanted to try, but haven't had a chance to yet!

I'm heading over to you PTR now, can't wait for more updates here!

--Alisonprincess:

Being that it was cooler than it normally was when we visit DAK, the animals were just slightly more active than we've seen in the past
Ah pleasant weather seriously makes the biggest difference, especially on the safari!

We did that, and then we found a wall I had been looking for!
So cute!! The mirror at the top makes the shot.

Here we are 4 vacations later, and we finally broke the curse!
WOOHOO!! A meal 4 years in the making- that's a lot of buildup.

There were, in one word: amazing
I love these so much. I dream about them. They randomly entire my mind and I'm so sad that there's nothing like them near me (that I've found).

They were definitely not a fan of EE
Tragedy. Absolute tragedy.

and I snuck off to get a photo with my two favorite munks! There wasn't a line, so I went to say hi to them
SO. CUTE.

YAY for breaking the Y&Y curse!! Those wontons look so yummy!

Ok your pics with the dino munks are the cutest things ever! I looked for them while we were there, but I only ever saw them as they were walking away for a break.

YAY!! They were awesome, we were so excited to try them!

They're adorable!! You absolutely have to meet them next time you're in WDW!

Hi Kaitlyn, :wave2:

It has been a VERY long time since I've been on the DIS. Also I know I'm late to your TR, but I'm here now!

Loving it so far...::yes::

-POLY is so beautiful, your DVC studio is so nice!
-loving all the character pics so far
-OMG, TSL is great isn't it? I experienced it for the first time this past summer and I can't wait to go back. The fact that you and your family all got the headbands is just fantastic!
-all your food looks great so far!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your meal at California Grill. Its a place I've always wanted to try, but haven't had a chance to yet!

I'm heading over to you PTR now, can't wait for more updates here!

--Alisonprincess:

:welcome: Alison-- thank you so much for being here and for your kind words! I so appreciate your comments!

We love the Poly, and we loved our DVC studio!

Thanks so much-- I love meeting the characters!

TSL is amazing! They did such a wonderful job with the theming and attractions... we had to get the headbands to commemorate the occasion! :teeth:

We rarely ate something that wasn't 10000% delicious this trip!

I can't wait to update you about the California Grill dinner, it was amazing! You must try it during your next trip!

Thank you again for being here!

Ah pleasant weather seriously makes the biggest difference, especially on the safari!

So cute!! The mirror at the top makes the shot.

WOOHOO!! A meal 4 years in the making- that's a lot of buildup.

I love these so much. I dream about them. They randomly entire my mind and I'm so sad that there's nothing like them near me (that I've found).

Tragedy. Absolute tragedy.

SO. CUTE.

Pleasant weather made our DAK day a 10/10 when it probably would have been, like, a 7/10. It's insane how quickly my feelings for this park changed when it wasn't 100 degrees!

I didn't even notice the mirror! Love it!!!

It was DEFINITELY worth the wait.

My mother has been egging me on to make them at home, I wish Rainforest Cafe/some other Landry's property would add them to their menu!

It was TRAGIQUE. I thought Grace might really like it if she gave it a shot, too!

Thank you!!! I love the munks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!