Sheraton Park?? Or....?

vanillagirl

Earning My Ears
Hi all I’ve been lurking & learning for a few months. Thanks :)

My husband and I are heading over soon for our 30th anniversary. I was really lucky and booked a nice deal on Orbitz for us at the Grand Californian Hotel for a few nights but prior to that stay I also have a few nights booked at the Sheraton Park club level...I think it’s club level :/ I booked the “AAA Club Lounge” which the rate description sounds like club level but my res. Room description is traditional. hmm.. anyway, I guess my question is what’s the group’s opinion on this hotel?? I looked at trip advisor and for every 4 or 5 rating there is a 1 or 2 lol.... and I’m talking recent- and within days of each other. I have read several poor service and shabby comments making me question it. There doesn’t seem to be much buzz on here about it either.

I also have the option of Springhill Suites Convention Center and Candy Cane Inn premium room.

I’m booking sight unseen so any opinions are appreciated. Sheraton is the cheapest even with parking fee. Then a smidge more is Springhill..then Candy Cane which comes out almost $200 higher than Sheraton for three nights. I prefer a hotel vs motel type, however the charm and closer location of the Candy Cane is tempting me.

For these first nights (not at GCH) it will be myself, husband, and two young adult daughters and a guide dog. The fact that it’s four plus a dog makes me think the larger space at Springhill may be best, but I enjoy club level and I also like the dedicated CCI shuttle and a premium room has perks similar to club level. And I think we may use the Toy Story lot shuttle if we stayed Sheraton. Is that easy & easy walk or a hassle? We are all fine walkers but I have a bum knee that I am actually a bit worried about :-/. Getting old :(

What do you think of these three hotels??? Thanks for any advice and opinions.

I ran into the same reviews as you did. For the price the Sheraton was to good to pass up. I am only staying one night but I'll try to shoot a comment after my stay. It's been to long for me to give an update review, but I've stayed at the three convention hotels numerous time as they were all solid bets on Priceline years ago for us. I do think that some people that stay often at the Hilton or Marriott have some higher standards. I've always been fine with the Sheraton hotels myself.

Thanks Steve. I also saw the Hilton right there is similarly priced. I’ve had mixed Hilton stays myself (various Hilton’s over the years, never the Anaheim one) and decent Marriott and Starwood stays. I watched the dis unplugged review of the Disneyland area hotels and Pete’s fave offsite hotels were the Sheraton and Hilton. He actually liked them both. But that was a few years ago already.

The Springhill Suites looks nice and new and comes with breakfast. Candy Cane is cute and great location. It’s only a few night s so not a big deal I guess. I’d just like to make a good choice.

it does look new and fresh :) and not much farther at all than candy cane inn. We would probably be comfortable there. I’m just torn because of my darn knee it’s hard to know how far it actually is. The CCI shuttle is a nice perk but I just saw a video on YouTube of somebody praising&gushing over the CCI and saying how they’ve stayed there for years and love it. Then she added on a tag at the end saying how it was a terribly disappointing stay and they will not return oh my.

How is the free breakfast there at Spring Hill Suites?

it does look new and fresh :) and not much farther at all than candy cane inn. We would probably be comfortable there. I’m just torn because of my darn knee it’s hard to know how far it actually is. The CCI shuttle is a nice perk but I just saw a video on YouTube of somebody praising&gushing over the CCI and saying how they’ve stayed there for years and love it. Then she added on a tag at the end saying how it was a terribly disappointing stay and they will not return oh my.

How is the free breakfast there at Spring Hill Suites?
It’s only about 3-5 minutes longer of a walk.

We like the Sheraton Park and stay there regularly. We also like the CCI and stay there regularly (premium rooms).
For the Sheraton, we only stay on the club level if we get a free upgrade -- otherwise it's not worth it for us at this particular property. We're not in the room enough of the time to really make use of the lounge (choices, choices: club lounge or the parks? guess which one wins every time?). And that particular lounge has a lot of young kids, thus it's not usually very relaxing. We do really like the Sheraton Park and usually get very good service there.The walk is no big deal for us (we don't use the TS shuttles), and we like going by the CVS and the convenience stores on Harbor to pick up snacks and drinks for the room on our way back from the parks. Any problems we've encountered at the Sheraton are usually the result of other guests -- rowdy neighbors, obnoxious groups, etc.
At the CCI, we always get the premium rooms. Love the extra room, the great service, the private shuttle. For your needs this trip, I would either go with the CCI premium rooms or the Springhill Suites -- it all comes down to distance and room size. If you can swing 2 premium rooms (with a connecting door) at the CCI, that would give you more of a suite -- we do this when we have family with us. My parents have trouble walking, and the CCI shuttle works very well for them. We have never had a bad stay at the CCI. We haven't yet stayed at the Springhill, so I can't give a fair rating on that hotel.

Last edited:

We love the Sheraton Park! I would stay there in the blink of an eye. We got a free upgrade last time to club level and I have to say I would not pay for it. There was minimum food that we would eat and it was always really busy and crowded. That being said we had a room with a view of the fireworks so that was amazing. The rooms are very large, which I can appreciate! Having a background in the hotel industry I look for customer service and every person I have encountered has been amazing. I really like the shuttle that the Hotel uses also. We didnt try the TS shuttle. Just simple walked outside and hopped on. The property has a beautiful pool as well. We like the relaxing atmosphere and feel like we are getting away from all of the park stimulation when we take our breaks, which is exactly what my kiddo needs. If the price is right I will stay here again without question. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the replies :)

I was looking at the map of hotels/locations again from a thread here and tried the best western park place inn and they actually had a queen queen room (didn’t before) so i grabbed it. The hotel looks pretty basic but the location is great. It will be a park go go go trip while my kids r with us so maybe that’s the one we should go with. I wanted a nice vacationy place (which I’m not so sure this is -I was imagining bfast in the sunshine by the CCI pool under palm trees or in the lounge at Sheraton with the beautiful views) but location of BWPPI can’t be beat for the price. I’m just unsure what my most important priority is. Nice. Vacation ish. Location. The prices are all comparable except Sheraton is about $200 less.

Just back from my one night stay at the Sheraton. I loved it. I've been with SPG for sometime, but not sure it matters to much. I arrived on Monday of Labor Day, the nice woman checking me said occupancy for the night was only 40% so that helped in getting a room on the upper floor. She put me on the 14th floor. My room itself was HUGE. Having stayed at several hotels on this trip it was really nice to have such a nice, well appointed room. I had a pool view room. I walked over to downtown Disney and Trader Sam's it was a very easy walk. I only wish I'd had more time.

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7533.jpg

Just back from my one night stay at the Sheraton. I loved it. I've been with SPG for sometime, but not sure it matters to much. I arrived on Monday of Labor Day, the nice woman checking me said occupancy for the night was only 40% so that helped in getting a room on the upper floor. She put me on the 14th floor. My room itself was HUGE. Having stayed at several hotels on this trip it was really nice to have such a nice, well appointed room. I had a pool view room. I walked over to downtown Disney and Trader Sam's it was a very easy walk. I only wish I'd had more time.

Wow! What a lovely room and view! Do you remember the room number?
I've got a stay coming up at the end of the month and would love to ask for a room like this.

Wow! What a lovely room and view! Do you remember the room number?
I've got a stay coming up at the end of the month and would love to ask for a room like this.
I do, 1434. I am not totally sure but I think it's their club level, I didn't partake in any of the features, but I was also there on Monday night of Labor Day weekend and was told occupancy was pretty low. But never hurts to ask.

We’ve stayed at the sheraton twice and have another stay booked. It’s a nice hotel and very reasonably priced, and my go to unless the hotels directly harbor have bunk bed rooms for around the same price.

I like that their parking fee covers you until midnight on check out day, and it’s a very reasonable walk to the park. We usually walk in the morning and take the shuttle going back and that works great.

It’s two blocks I believe - takes us about 10 minutes. It’s across the street from the toy story parking lot.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Park and SpringHill (on Ball, not Harbor, but they're essentially one in the same just different locations) and I loved both of them. The SP Suites convention center location is very close to the Sheraton Park location (and to Disneyland), and we walked to the parks from Sheraton every day we were there. Having an knee issue, though, I wouldn't say you could easily walk this as Sheraton Park is just about a mile away from the parks. SP Suites is even closer, so you'll do just fine. Room-wise, they're both very modern and clean. Beds were more comfy at the Sheraton Park, IIRC. We stayed at the SP Suites a couple years ago, but we stayed at Sheraton Park last year. I got a killer deal on the Sheraton through Hotwire's HotRate option, something like $700 for 5 nights including parking (very easy to find parking yourself close to your room). We don't eat breakfast at the hotels, so I can't say what that was like or if it was included.

How walkable is this hotel to Disneyland? I might consider staying there for future visits.
I walked over by Disneyland Hotel & Downtown Disney, its right about a mile walk. I walked down the alley by the Convention Center and down Katella to Disneyland Drive. The walk down Disneyland drive was nice, pretty quiet compared to Harbor. I walked back from Trader Sam's later that evening, no issues and a very nice walk coming back too.

How walkable is this hotel to Disneyland? I might consider staying there for future visits.
This is one of our go-to hotels, and we walk to/from the parks and the DLH/GCH (for S55 and NR) every time. Haven't taken a shuttle, taxi, or Uber/Lyft so far. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the parks, depending on your pace and the signals at the crosswalks. It is a good warm up on the way to the parks and a good cool down/decompressing time on the way back. We like that the walk back to the hotel goes by the A Mart, 7-11, and CVS -- this covers anything we forgot to pack and any snacks/drinks that we want for the hotel room or for the parks the next day. (If you cross Harbor, the walk goes by Pizza Press!) For the GCH, it's about a 15-20 minute walk down Katella to Disneyland Dr. For the DLH, it's about 20+ minutes. Again, it depends on your pace and the signals at the crosswalks. (If you have a reservation at NR or Storytellers, you'll be allowed to enter through the front of the GCH.)

Last edited:
Sheraton Park is one of our go to hotels also. We've not had a bad stay there. It is not the Four Seasons and could definately use some improvements in common areas, but not enough that we've been bothered. I like the "resort" feel, interior corridors, spacious rooms, we have not had a bad meal at the hotel restaurant and it is really convenient at times, the pool area (and pool bar) is great, plus last December they allowed us a late check out at 2 p.m. (we were all sickly and our flight didn't leave until later) and I really appreciated that. We don't mind the walk and like the proximity to convenience stores, dining, etc. We are going again this December, but are opting for BW Stovall's to hopefully avoid the security gridlock that sometimes occurs on the Harbor side, especially since we know it will be quite busy when we are there. But, I do have mixed feelings and wonder if we are making the right choice because I do really like the Park Sheraton. We have also stayed at BWPPI and it was perfectly adequate, the location can't be beat, but I don't like the pool area at all, it's just a pool ... no ambiance whatsover--that does it for me, so we won't stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!