Sheraton Vistana Resort vs. Cypress Palm

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
I am looking at skyauction and they have both. Cypress Palm has a 2 br. check on the Aug. 31, which works great because our AP's are weekdays only. Sheraton is 1 br. on Sept 2nd. I can change my flight so that could work easily, but I have to pay the extra cost for Fri and Sat at a different hotel (cheap).

What would you pick and why?

Is there anything available for Marriott’s Cypress Harbour? It’s a beautiful property with 2-bedroom villas; adjacent to an I4 on-ramp and 10 minutes to the parks.

Pretty sure Cypress palms has a 10.00 a night resort fee. If the price is the same and you don’t need the extra bedroom (2 twin beds in 2nd br at Cypress palms) I’d choose SVR. They are both nice but there a lot more amenities at SVR.

Cypress Palms has no resort fee. Stayed there in May and have stayed there many times. The second bedroom has two full beds. kokomos must be thinking of a different resort.

I’m so sorry Bonnie is correct. We stayed at cypress pointe/ Grande Villa resort. I had to go back and check my Hotwire history. We only stayed there 1 night before checking into SVR.

Last edited:

I will find out today if we get the Sheraton Vista Resort. I decided to go with a 1 br, smaller unit over the 2 br at Cypress. I am hoping being closer to the parks is worth it. Also having a great pool to lounge in after a hot day in the park will be fun.

I am looking at skyauction and they have both. Cypress Palm has a 2 br. check on the Aug. 31, which works great because our AP's are weekdays only. Sheraton is 1 br. on Sept 2nd. I can change my flight so that could work easily, but I have to pay the extra cost for Fri and Sat at a different hotel (cheap).

What would you pick and why?

Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana on our last visit. Was disapointed. The second bedroom had hardly any room for storage and the beds were twin sized. very crowded. We were all tripping over each other in the rooms. Always asking someone to move just to get around. We are going back to staying on property at OKW. Guess I'm a bit spoiled.

Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana on our last visit. Was disapointed. The second bedroom had hardly any room for storage and the beds were twin sized. very crowded. We were all tripping over each other in the rooms. Always asking someone to move just to get around. We are going back to staying on property at OKW. Guess I'm a bit spoiled.
Uh, how many people were staying there? If there were six people, I guess I could see this being an issue maybe. Not sure how a family of four would have any problems.

Some of the two bedroom units at Vistana are only made to sleep 6, but they have larger ones made to sleep 8. Even with 5 people in the smaller unit (and many visitors during Thanksgiving week when our DD did DCP) we managed just fine.

Some of the two bedroom units at Vistana are only made to sleep 6, but they have larger ones made to sleep 8. Even with 5 people in the smaller unit (and many visitors during Thanksgiving week when our DD did DCP) we managed just fine.
It was supposed to sleep 8. Just couldn't see it. We were told the beds in the 2nd room were full sized. The were large twins but no was would sleep two. Much prefer OKW in Disney. Would rather not go as often and save to go there.

It was supposed to sleep 8. Just couldn't see it. We were told the beds in the 2nd room were full sized. The were large twins but no was would sleep two. Much prefer OKW in Disney. Would rather not go as often and save to go there.
What section were you in? Courts?
We stayed in a two bedroom in Fountains and had plenty of room for 6. I specifically requested a unit that fits 8 in Fountains.

The only two sections of the resort that don't have full size beds in the 2nd bedroom are Falls and Courts. All the other sections.....Fountains, Cascades, Lakes, Palms, Springs, Palms and Spas.....all have 2 full size/double beds in the guests bedroom.

I will find out today if we get the Sheraton Vista Resort. I decided to go with a 1 br, smaller unit over the 2 br at Cypress. I am hoping being closer to the parks is worth it. Also having a great pool to lounge in after a hot day in the park will be fun.

We have stayed at both SVR (we own there) and Wyndham Cypress Palms (booked in 2016 through Skyauction). The 2 bedroom villas at both resorts are super spacious and very well appointed. There are two different configurations of 1 bedroom villas a SVR, a standard (no balcony, no in-villa laundry, kitchenette only) and a 1 bedroom premium (which has a balcony, a washer/dryer, a full kitchen and far more square footage). If you end up winning SVR, be sure to send in a room request 2 weeks before your arrival requesting a 1 bedroom premium if available.

SVR is vastly superior in resort amenities as compared to WCP. The pools are 100 times nicer at SVR, and the grounds are much more lovely. SVR also beats WCP as far as location goes.....by a long shot, in my humble opinion (though having Krispy Kreme literally right outside the entrance to WCP was a nice perk LOL).

Please let me know if you have any questions about either resort, or want any photos of either.

SVR is vastly superior in resort amenities as compared to WCP. The pools are 100 times nicer at SVR, and the grounds are much more lovely. SVR also beats WCP as far as location goes.....by a long shot, in my humble opinion (though having Krispy Kreme literally right outside the entrance to WCP was a nice perk

I've also stayed at both and agree. The pools and location for SVR are both much nicer than with CP. The pools at CP are fine but those at SVR are resort quality. Cypress Palms itself is nice but the East Gate area of Kissimmee (CP location) is kind of run down when compared to Lake Buena Vista. Cypress Palms can be very good value for money but at or near the same price point I'd go with SVR every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts