Sheraton Vistana Villages - Your reviews, tips & ratings

Hi

One other comment about noise from the pool in the St Augustine section.
The pool with the waterslides (both the the pirate ship and the green one) closed at 10pm each night (it opened at 9am).
The gates were not just closed but had a lock around them so people couldn't just go in (unless they climbed over the fence I guess)
So that also kept the area quiet after pool closing time.

The other pool with the the waterfall that wasn't too far away I believe stayed open until 1am

Thank you
Noreen

im booking with my 17 yr old deciding if hes too big for the pull out couch..is there any 1 bedrooms that have 2 beds? also need close to kids pirate pool for my 7 yr old..plus do 1 bedrooms have balcony? looking for a relaxing end to our disney bubble vacation..thanks

im booking with my 17 yr old deciding if hes too big for the pull out couch..is there any 1 bedrooms that have 2 beds? also need close to kids pirate pool for my 7 yr old..plus do 1 bedrooms have balcony? looking for a relaxing end to our disney bubble vacation..thanks

Hello, none of the one bedroom balconies have two beds, however the one bedroom premium villa has a queen sofa bed rather than double sofa bed. Those villas also have balconies, while the majority of the smaller one bedroom villas do not. So I would recommend a one bedroom premium for sure-more space and guaranteed balcony. And as you likely know, the St. Augustine phase will put you closest to the pirate pool.

As a side note, if you are booking online they don't typically show the one bedroom premium as an option, so you may have to call the resort directly to see if that is an option.

Just Booked sat arrival 1 bedroom mousesavers rate. 111$ i think.i req top floor blg 23. i need close to both pools for teenager and 7 yr old. Is this possible? and do they ever let early check in, we will have fridge food from windsor hills check out.. plus easy drive tips to mk?

Hi. I'm going to the Village s in August. My question is about the washing machines. Do they supply eny detergent (enough for one or two washes) or should I bring my own. If I bring my own is there a certain type? I'm from UK and have read that some US machines could be High Efficiency and therefore use different detergent?!?! Many thanks for any advice.:cheer2:

Hi. I'm going to the Village s in August. My question is about the washing machines. Do they supply eny detergent (enough for one or two washes) or should I bring my own. If I bring my own is there a certain type? I'm from UK and have read that some US machines could be High Efficiency and therefore use different detergent?!?! Many thanks for any advice.:cheer2:
Hi they usually put a small pack enough for one wash but if you go to the dollar store you can buy a bottle of liquid detergent there, I am from the uk also and this is what I use when there xxx

If you want to be close to I-Drive, Amelia is the closest section! This is relatively new and was refurbished relatively recently as well. You'll want to avoid Key West as it's in the very back of the resort. I also personally try to avoid the Bella phase because it was the first one built and is not as modern as the other phases, even though it was fully renovated a few years ago. St. Augustine is also relatively close to I-Drive, it's the newest phase, and was also refurbished a few years ago. It has a nice pirate ship pool and many amenities. If you want to explore the different phases' decor and villa styles, see https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-villages/villas. You can also find a resort map here: http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/vistana-web/destinations/maps/svv-resort-map.pdf. Let me know if you have any more questions; have a great trip!

If you want to be close to I-Drive, Amelia is the closest section! This is relatively new and was refurbished relatively recently as well. You'll want to avoid Key West as it's in the very back of the resort. I also personally try to avoid the Bella phase because it was the first one built and is not as modern as the other phases, even though it was fully renovated a few years ago. St. Augustine is also relatively close to I-Drive, it's the newest phase, and was also refurbished a few years ago. It has a nice pirate ship pool and many amenities. If you want to explore the different phases' decor and villa styles, see https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-villages/villas. You can also find a resort map here: http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/vistana-web/destinations/maps/svv-resort-map.pdf. Let me know if you have any more questions; have a great trip!

Thanks - leave in the morning so perfect timing!! :)

Hello

A couple questions

In which area are the larger one bedrooms with the balcony located?

Does the gatorland show visit this resort?

Do the resort have the refillable tumblers like The other Vistana?

Thanks

We have a 2-bdr villa booked at SVV. It will be two adults and two adult children. We've never stayed here before and are looking for some tips:

1) What location to request; we would like to be within an easy walk to pool and pool bar;
2) Can I call in advance to request a certain villa location?
3) Can we walk everywhere at the SVV or does it involve driving? And if so, do they rent golf carts?
4) Can we walk anywhere offsite (like to a store, restaurant, etc.), or do we need to drive/shuttle/uber everywhere offsite?
5) Is there a parking fee if we decide to rent a car?
6) Are there any hidden fees in staying here?
7) Any suggestions on good restaurants close by?
8) Any other suggestions would be great and much appreciated.

Thank you!

@ginny65

1) What location to request; we would like to be within an easy walk to pool and pool bar;

I recently stayed top floor, building 11. It was a good location, close to the main road where you can get the I-Ride Trolley (http://www.iridetrolley.com/) as well as the main restaurant and feature pool.
Here is a resort map in case you haven't seen it - https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-villages/map
The pool bar is within the pool area and is really just a small walk-up kiosk - nice drinks though!

2) Can I call in advance to request a certain villa location?

Not sure - couldn't hurt to try!

3) Can we walk everywhere at the SVV or does it involve driving? And if so, do they rent golf carts?

You can absolutely walk everywhere - it looks more spread out than it actually is.

4) Can we walk anywhere offsite (like to a store, restaurant, etc.), or do we need to drive/shuttle/uber everywhere offsite?

This is tougher - you technically *can* walk a few places but it is a little removed from the main part of International Drive. If you don't mind walking a bit, the Vineland Road Premium Outlets are within walking distance, as are a few chain restaurants - IHOP, Golden Corral, etc. There is also a Benihana across the street but while there is a crosswalk there, you are taking your life in your hands - NO ONE STOPS FOR YOU!

5) Is there a parking fee if we decide to rent a car?

Parking is free - we did not rent a car, relying mainly on the trolley with a bit of Uber, but we did not have many park days - was more of a relaxing vacation

6) Are there any hidden fees in staying here?

Not that I can think of

7) Any suggestions on good restaurants close by?

As mentioned above, there are a couple of chain restaurants within walking distance and more further north on International Drive, but these would not be what I would consider to be walking distance - Moe's, Denny's, Fridays, Mellow Mushroom, Buffalo Wild Wings - nothing really original.

8) Any other suggestions would be great and much appreciated.

It is a nice resort - we enjoyed our stay and would stay again. Got a great rate on a two-bedroom through Mousesavers. The restaurant was under refurbishment during our stay but we were able to order room service - it was NOT good. We did walk over to the Marketplace a few times to grab coffee, snacks, etc. It was pretty good but understaffed! It is right behind the kid's pool in building 25.

I walked over to the Key West village area one afternoon - it is the newest section, was very quiet but the pool there was closed during my stay.

You might want to ask about refurbishments because we were not told about the closure prior to our visit.

You will be pestered to pick up your "welcome gift" - this may come with the sales pitch since it is a time share resort - a friendly, but firm "no thank-you" should work.

If you have any other specific questions about the resort or the area, feel free to ask!

Thank you for your very informative responses! I called concierge and the young man said he would suggest the Key West area since it is further away from everything. He also said it was just refurbished. Now by "further away" would that mean a big walk to get a frozen drink while enjoying the pool? How long of a walk do you think that would be from, say, the main restaurant?

Thank you for your very informative responses! I called concierge and the young man said he would suggest the Key West area since it is further away from everything. He also said it was just refurbished. Now by "further away" would that mean a big walk to get a frozen drink while enjoying the pool? How long of a walk do you think that would be from, say, the main restaurant?

Hmmm...the Key West Village is definitely the quieter section but it is farther away from it all!

15-OOC-1182-SVV_Resort-Site-Map-4_16-1300x1005.png

I don't think there are any pool-side "refreshments" at that pool so you would have to trek over to the Bella Pool, which is gorgeous!

dWuTysK5PXl4PVA5lPc9opJQSI3iBVYsH9dYpEkA6pn__jHMtUuNWZpE3_yAh8SgU-NUA8nNyHHLjuvmlVefyCpDO8vsScDIy3RQ5wk5cWnOhXUgoecsVYLUiyfGnH2q6-NmW5CElIJ82D2vlY4SkIkEIna0JPb5BcoGjlcyFmE1CWVtqoZBvuTuC3a_Rr4vCjS7uOuD7DawJRun6NTIsvBEXoFh-l8XZVck12P-c0n_QIMZ5R1ObmqgNU3DShg2yS3qPL3kx9TuBuiiyZ17Xh88_5FCT3c778O6GlCcdsmcLtr0XEJKaANvctmIP6RmMAqrqDnhy4KgoYL3ENDG7JmJru4DHdwYQ-aGu7G8FUTDz9YMWC9e-xyQA_3ah2LdB932HJKlIKEIpULU_5jfQJC5px2Oh5EzJx-Qw8Fk2flWq4cKfzYiIWn309eY4Q8ZgrXvNnp018XrUHOGFGSZiIH4B337t4_R2NPfLOmBFRWh4i7hh8HMxO7DCmw6qOSzt6vKbikD3P5aXFGvJvndDcFqxszRGIt6drf6hGv08OxcYfZ8VJXUh3KJtoqx-2NITVNT21msqH-zOZFvOBjkCASZ_VFG6MN_K6ow3nY=w1688-h949-no

You would also have a bit of a walk to the restaurant, which is #5 on the above map but right next to the Bella pool.

From walking around the resort, I would say my preferred buildings would be 6,7,11, 23 or 30 - nice views, not too close to the "action"/noise of the pools but still a short walk to the main building. But I would rule out 6 or 7 if I didn't have a car.

Thank you mjhtvchick. I would love a view of the rock feature with the waterfall so it looks like Buildings 6 and 7 would be nice.

In looking at the Vistana website, some of the rooms have single beds in the second bedroom, but when I called concierge, the person said there are no single beds, only full size beds in second bedroom. Does anyone know for sure? My son is tall and a twin bed just doesn't work.

Thank you mjhtvchick. I would love a view of the rock feature with the waterfall so it looks like Buildings 6 and 7 would be nice.

In looking at the Vistana website, some of the rooms have single beds in the second bedroom, but when I called concierge, the person said there are no single beds, only full size beds in second bedroom. Does anyone know for sure? My son is tall and a twin bed just doesn't work.

All the second bedrooms do indeed have full beds, so you will be all set there! I agree that the Bella section would likely be a good fit for you because of its amenities. I love Key West, but it is quite secluded, and it's a good 5-10 minute walk to the main pool/restaurant. Just an FYI, there is also a pool bar at the St. Augustine pool if you would like to go there at all.

As for your other questions, it is definitely challenging to walk to nearby restaurants, so I would highly recommend a car. As noted above, there are a lot of chain restaurants nearby, but we always like Baham Breeze. We don't have it where we're from, and it has good, reasonably priced food and drinks. You can also head into Disney and eat at some of the resort restaurants if you'd like. The Marriott World Center also has a very good Hibachi restaurant, called Mikado, if you enjoy that type of food (and of course the Benihana across the street). The resort has a restaurant, and it's fine but nothing too special.

Hope you enjoy your trip; it's a lovely resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!