"Sherry E"

featherz

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, just posting to let you know that Sherry E has passed away. I know she spent a lot of time here in the past although not much recently from what I can tell. I thought she would like it if I let her Disney peeps know that she is gone, as I know that Disney was a huge part of her life. I have known her since we were in grade school and we went to Disneyland many many many times. Won't give too many details here in respect for Sherry. I am hoping my friends and I can get an obituary done soon. We are looking for family members as well, so if anyone happens to have any information, please let me know.

Please move this if not appropriate here - could not find a way to message a mod as a new poster.

Heather

I am so sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know. I am going to move this to our In Memoriam section which is dedicated to our board members that we have lost.

Thank you - first time here and I figured someone would see it and move it. I see she has posted tons of pics, some with me in them, so she will live on here through those at least.

Hey guys, just posting to let you know that Sherry E has passed away. I know she spent a lot of time here in the past although not much recently from what I can tell. I thought she would like it if I let her Disney peeps know that she is gone, as I know that Disney was a huge part of her life. I have known her since we were in grade school and we went to Disneyland many many many times. Won't give too many details here in respect for Sherry. I am hoping my friends and I can get an obituary done soon. We are looking for family members as well, so if anyone happens to have any information, please let me know.

Please move this if not appropriate here - could not find a way to message a mod as a new poster.

Heather

Heather,

Thank you for letting us know. Sherry was once a moderator on our Disneyland board, and a posted quite often. I'm very sorry to read this. Please pass on our condolences to her family, and my condolences to you, too, as her friend. :hug:

Thank you - first time here and I figured someone would see it and move it. I see she has posted tons of pics, some with me in them, so she will live on here through those at least.
Thank you for letting us know. Sherry and I became friends here so long ago I can't even remember,, maybe back all the way to 2008. We exchanged quite a lot of Disney info and Disney love over the years. We also became friends on Facebook and have kept in touch over the years. Our last message was on Aug 31. I know she was not feeling well at that time but I am in total shock at her passing.
featherz, If you would so kindly please private message me here or at my e-mail, mariezp@yahoo.com I would appreciate it so much.

Heather
Thanks for letting us know. This is really sad news. Sherry and I used to discuss DL on Disboards and on FB. She was very helpful with DL information. She used to send me her write ups on DL. Condolences to her family and friends.

I did just manage to memorialize her fb page - not sure if she has privacy settings to allow people to actually see each other, but if you are friends with her on FB you *may* be able to leave a message if you wish. :)

I did just manage to memorialize her fb page - not sure if she has privacy settings to allow people to actually see each other, but if you are friends with her on FB you *may* be able to leave a message if you wish. :)
I tried looking in FB but couldn’t see this. Thank you for doing this for her.

Yeah I think her privacy settings may be set high - and don't think she had a legacy contact so I am unable to change it. :(

I saw where you got her tribute page set up. Great idea. I am planning to leave a post when I have a bit more time.

Sherry actually had 2 Facebook pages, one for Disney friends (Sherry Edie) and one for friends she thought had less interest in Disney. For anyone looking for the memorial page it is under Sherry L. Edie.

I tried looking in FB but couldn’t see this. Thank you for doing this for her.
Try looking for the memorial page under Sherry L. Edie.

Oh good, I could probably memorialize the other as well with my 'proof' although then they would know she had two. Likely will need to stick with the 'L' version.

I saw where you got her tribute page set up. Great idea. I am planning to leave a post when I have a bit more time.

Sherry actually had 2 Facebook pages, one for Disney friends (Sherry Edie) and one for friends she thought had less interest in Disney. For anyone looking for the memorial page it is under Sherry L. Edie.

Try looking for the memorial page under Sherry L. Edie.
Thanks for this, I see it now.

This absolutely breaks my heart. I have known Sherry for YEARS and we too were friends on FB. I was on her Disney friends page not her private page. But she and I chatted many times over the years about lots of other things (particularly music and tv shows like the Walking Dead). I hadn't seen her on FB and I messaged her back in May to see how she was doing and that was the last I spoke with her. I am absolutely shook by this and so very sad. My condolences!!

Oh my gosh how am I just now finding out about this..she was such a wonderful moderator on the Disneyland boards and I truly loved her posts. I am so sorry for the late post but wanted to share my condolences as well :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!