Sherry E

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
Hi everyone,

I have some very sad news to share. For those of you who've been on the Disneyland boards for a while, you'll remember Sherry E, who was a Disneyland forum moderator for a few years. Her friend posted that she recently passed away.

My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Hey guys, just posting to let you know that Sherry E has passed away. I know she spent a lot of time here in the past although not much recently from what I can tell. I thought she would like it if I let her Disney peeps know that she is gone, as I know that Disney was a huge part of her life. I have known her since we were in grade school and we went to Disneyland many many many times. Won't give too many details here in respect for Sherry. I am hoping my friends and I can get an obituary done soon. We are looking for family members as well, so if anyone happens to have any information, please let me know.

Heather

Oh no! What a loss. This is very sad news. Sherry was always so kind to anyone and everyone who came to the boards while sharing her deep love and knowledge of all things Disneyland. Her photo filled holiday threads were something I always looked forward to coming to the boards. I missed her posting on the boards and always hoped she would return to once again share her fantastic pics and lovely writing style that would make you feel you had been in the parks with her.

Sherry, you will be missed. May God bless you.

Thank you Mary Jo for letting us know.

Thank you, @WebmasterMaryJo, for letting us know this sad news. I am so sorry to learn this. Sherry was much loved here and will be greatly missed. We were just talking about her on the Community Board, and several posters there mentioned how they missed seeing her posts. I know that seeing her post on the Disney Parks Blog during Halloween Time and Holiday Time made me smile -- like finding little surprise treasures in the comments! My sincere condolences to her loved ones. She was a gem!

This sad news breaks my heart! I never had the chance to meet Sherry in person but she had a gift of making you feel like you were friends with her your whole life. I will miss her bright and positive spirit here on the boards. I had wondered where she had gone, not seeing her post for quite some time. I always looked forward to her Christmas super thread and all the positivity it brought with it. Sherry, may you rest in peace. I will miss you very much. Thank you for all the smiles over the years😓

Very sad news! I lurked in the Halloween boards before joining and remember Sherry. :(

Oh no! This is terrible news! Like many others, I always looked forward to her holiday superthreads, especially the Halloween superthread. I second what crystal1313 said -- Sherry had a gift of making you feel like you were friends with her your whole life.

Sherry E, you are greatly missed. RIP.

Thank you for letting us know, Mary Jo.

I am in tears over this very sad and shocking news. When I saw this thread with her name as the title I got excited, thinking maybe a link had been posted to something she had written. I had been wondering where she was. I was not expecting this.

Sherry was my first DisBoards friend when I joined in 2009. We had such a great friendship in the Disneyland Trip Reports section of the boards. She had the most amazing gift when it came to writing. What most people might write in 3 sentences, she would write in 3 paragraphs. Not in a boring, long-winded way... but in a way that captured every last detail. Her Halloween and Holiday Trip Reports were such a treat to read. She loved taking pictures. She loved all the details that many people overlooked. She loved the window displays on Main Street. She loved the "popcorn turning dudes" (as she called them) at the popcorn carts. She loved the themed bathroom signs. She loved looking down and noticing the flowers and she loved looking up and noticing the weather vanes. I can't see any of these without thinking of her. :rotfl2::banana::dancer: She used the rolling on the floor laughing one all the time, she used the dancing banana when she had good news to share ("I'm heading to Catalina Island for my birthday!") and she called the last one "Creepy Dancing Guy." She was a wonderful host of the Halloween and Holiday time Superthreads. I looked forward to her Theme Weeks, a call to post pictures relating to specific aspects of the season.

I never met her in real life, but she was certainly a friend. I stepped away from DisBoards for a few years. When I popped in again last year I noticed she wasn't around anymore. It wasn't hard to notice since she was such a fixture around here. I sent her a PM but never heard anything back. I'm not on FB, otherwise I know we would be friends on that forum as well. I remember hoping that last holiday season would bring her out of the woodwork but it didn't.

About a month ago my sister sent me a screenshot of a comment on a Disneyland YouTuber's channel -- a comment regarding a possible sighting of one of the turnstile character pumpkins in a truck driving toward Disneyland. She sent me the comment for the content. But I was more excited about the name of the commenter. Sherry E, it said. It just had to be her. She had such a distinctive, detailed writing style. I felt like I could hear her voice as I read the comment. I have been meaning to reply to that comment on the video, to find out if it was really her and get back in touch. And now I'm kicking myself because I never did.

Tonight I spent some time reading through old PMs and comments she made on my trip reports so I could "hear her voice" again.

Sherry, this year I'll think of you while I watch all the Rankin/Bass Christmas shows. Continue wildly waving that red scarf! I'll hang a star on my Christmas tree for you. :hug:

Last edited:
This is sad for me to read as well! Sherry was also one of my first Disboard friends. We were going to try to meet sometime both at Disneyland (for Christmas and possibly also Candlelight along with closer to home). I remember she always understood that pink peppermint ice cream needed to be PINK! God Bless you, Sherry and may you indeed rest in peace.

Last edited:
This is sad for me to read as well! Sherry was also one of my first Disboard friends. We were going to try to meet sometime both at Disneyland (for Christmas and possibly also Candlelight along with closer to home). I remember she always understood that pink peppermint ice cream needed to be PINK! God Bless you, Sherry and may you indeed rest in peace.

She definitely had an opinion about peppermint ice cream! It's coming up on that time of year when she would let us know about her first sighting of Dreyer's holiday peppermint ice cream at the grocery store.

Oh no!!! No no no!! Sherry was such a huge part of how I got so into DIS. We enjoyed the fact that we have the same name, different spellings. I'm glad I got to meet her in person once. She was so fun, helpful, and always had such flair. Thank you so much for letting us know about this sad news.

Sherry was also my friend here on Dis, and got me into taking and sharing pictures... she loved Christmas so much, and we had theme's on her Superthreads... She encouraged me to take pictures of every Christmas tree and wreath I saw at Disneyland and report back! I still posts pictures because of her!
I actually thought of her the other day, when I ran across Peppermint ice cream at Safeway, I thought, I must tell Sherry E!
I have missed her on Dis, and her cheery, positive outlook! What a loss.
RIP Sherry, I hope you get to meet Walt, in Heaven, he will love you!

--Lori

So sorry to hear of her passing. My condolences to her family and friends. She was always a cheerful and fun person and I always looked forward to her participation 🤎

Aw, extra hug to you Kylie. Amen to Sherry getting to meet Walt in Heaven. Someday post plague, if ever you do plan to get to DL at Christmastime please PM me, would love to meet you and anyone else of course in this thread!

I just remembered about the "frozen toothpaste." I believe it was a lite version of peppermint by Dreyers.
We have Thanksgiving planned this year, but not holding out much hope right now! I too would love to meet up with you and anyone else, from the Disboard old and new! :)
Yes, Sherry hated the Slowed Churned, Light Dreyers! ;)

This news is so sad. I was just thinking of her the other day too when I was flipping through some old Christmas pictures from our last trip to Disneyland. She always brought so much fun to the boards with her holiday threads, and I loved looking at all her beautiful pictures. I giggled reading others thoughts on her love for candycane ice cream. I remember one time getting a candy cane ice cream sundae from Gibson girl specifically because of her rave reviews. She will be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter