Sherry E

Oh this breaks my heart. I knew she had left the boards awhile ago, but I was always so thankful for her knowledge, her humor and her amazing holiday super threads! And especially her fun photo contests. I really got to her know her on the Holidaytime threads she did every year and I’ve missed them in the past few years.

My condolences to her friends and family ❤️

We have Thanksgiving planned this year, but not holding out much hope right now! I too would love to meet up with you and anyone else, from the Disboard old and new! :)
Yes, Sherry hated the Slowed Churned, Light Dreyers! ;)
We have Thanksgiving planned this year too. I’ll keep fingers crossed with you. Maybe we can some peppermint ice cream from Gibson Girl in her honor.

We have Thanksgiving planned this year too. I’ll keep fingers crossed with you. Maybe we can some peppermint ice cream from Gibson Girl in her honor.
Nice to see you Jamie! its been a long time! Those super threads were awesome! We all became family almost on them!
If e get to go, I would love to toast Sherry with you with some Peppermint ice cream, she would be so Happy!
Fingers crossed we get to go!!

Nice to see you Jamie! its been a long time! Those super threads were awesome! We all became family almost on them!
If e get to go, I would love to toast Sherry with you with some Peppermint ice cream, she would be so Happy!
Fingers crossed we get to go!!
It’s good to see you too! Our last trip was in Sept and we skipped Thanksgiving, so I haven’t been around this side a whole lot. And honestly, while I love everybody here and all their advice, the holidaytime super thread lost something when Sherry left. But I do miss everybody. You’re right - that super thread group really felt like family ❤️

I’m hoping the parks can open (to all of us) soon and I can spend more time on the Disneyland side of things!

Awww, I'm so sad to hear this.

I remember reading her posts and chatting a lot years ago. She definitely had a way with words, could tell a great story (and there were many), and they were usually hilarious!

Heather, you have my condolences, it sounds like you have lost a great, long-time friend. :sad:

Her posts were part of what kept me coming back. She was so kind, and helpful. She will be missed. I will always be grateful for what I learned from her.

deejdigsdis said it correctly when saying that Sherry had the most amazing gift when it came to writing.
She also delighted in sharing her knowledge and love of Disneyland with everyone. I don't think there was a Disneyland related question she couldn't answer and she probably had a photo of just about anything you could think of in the park. No telling how many people she helped to plan their trips. She definitely left her mark here on the Disboards.

Sherry and I became friends here way back in 2008. We would often share stories and point people towards each other for advice. We got the opportunity to meet each other at the park just once in 2010. Over the years we both drifted away from posting as much here but we had kept in touch throughout the years on Facebook. RIP Sherry. You will be missed. 😢
Sherry.png

deejdigsdis said it correctly when saying that Sherry had the most amazing gift when it came to writing.
She also delighted in sharing her knowledge and love of Disneyland with everyone. I don't think there was a Disneyland related question she couldn't answer and she probably had a photo of just about anything you could think of in the park. No telling how many people she helped to plan their trips. She definitely left her mark here on the Disboards.

Sherry and I became friends here way back in 2008. We would often share stories and point people towards each other for advice. We got the opportunity to meet each other at the park just once in 2010. Over the years we both drifted away from posting as much here but we had kept in touch throughout the years on Facebook. RIP Sherry. You will be missed. 😢
View attachment 529385

Thanks for posting this picture. It's nice to see her smiling in her happy place. I recognize your name from posting years ago. Is that you in the middle? And maybe Mary Jo next to Sherry?

Thank you, Deejdigsdis! I sincerely do pray that once the pandemic is long over we are indeed able to organize a meet up at DL ideally at Christmastime in honor/memory of Sherry. I never did get to meet her which, of course, now I truly am sorry about but we had chatted about doing so a few times since we live not far from one another. It would be lovely to get to meet at one of her favorite places and ours as well. I think from Heaven, that would bring Sherry a smile, too :)

It's interesting how once someone is gone, things keep popping up as reminders of that person. I heard Poison's "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" on the radio tonight. That song always reminds me of Sherry. She worked for Bret Michaels/Poison back in the day. She once shared the story behind that song. She also had pictures in her ongoing Trip Report of being at Disneyland with Bret Michaels. When he was writing his autobiography (not sure it was ever published) Sherry signed a release form to have some of her Disneyland pictures with him shared in the book. She always had such great stories to tell!

Sherry.png
Thanks for posting this picture. It's nice to see her smiling in her happy place. I recognize your name from posting years ago. Is that you in the middle? And maybe Mary Jo next to Sherry?

Sherry is on the far left, then me, Marie, Nancy (yellowmickeyponchos), and Ros (rtobe).

Sherry had a big impact here on the Disneyland boards, and she loved being a part of the trip reports and the holiday threads. I know it was hard on her giving those up. I went to Catalina Island on my birthday because of her, and thought of her on that trip.

Apologies for not making it back sooner to answer questions. I guess I should have labeled the photo when I posted it! Thankfully, Mary Jo was able to point our who was who.

I am glad people seemed to enjoy the picture. It would be nice if some others posted pictures too. I couldn't possibly be the only one who was able to meet up with Sherry in the park.

flyingdumbo127 Great idea! Sherry would absolutely love a gathering at Disneyland in remembrance of her.

deejdigsdis, I remember Sherry's stories about her days back with Poison. I don't hear them play often but when I do I am sure, like you, I will think of her.

WebmasterMaryJ, Sherry would be delighted to know that she influenced you to go to Catalina!

Hey guys, I am Sherry's friend Heather. I am sorry that I had to bring this news here, but I knew she was pretty active here for quite a while and would like everyone to know. I've known sherry since we went to grade school together in LA and this was quite a shock to all of us.

She has no close family, so her three childhood friends (myself, Julie, and Mandy) are making her arrangements and sorting her things. We are hoping to have a Zoom style memorial since we are spread out all over the country and I will let whoever is interested know when that will be. Hoping to have an obit as well, but there are still some issues we are waiting on. If you are interested in making a donation towards the proceedings, even a few dollars, PM me for info.

And yes, think of Sherry on your next trip - I know she loved Halloween disney, that was our last trip together in 2007!

Heather

Thank you for letting us know, Mary Jo.

I am in tears over this very sad and shocking news. When I saw this thread with her name as the title I got excited, thinking maybe a link had been posted to something she had written. I had been wondering where she was. I was not expecting this.

Sherry was my first DisBoards friend when I joined in 2009. We had such a great friendship in the Disneyland Trip Reports section of the boards. She had the most amazing gift when it came to writing. What most people might write in 3 sentences, she would write in 3 paragraphs. Not in a boring, long-winded way... but in a way that captured every last detail. Her Halloween and Holiday Trip Reports were such a treat to read. She loved taking pictures. She loved all the details that many people overlooked. She loved the window displays on Main Street. She loved the "popcorn turning dudes" (as she called them) at the popcorn carts. She loved the themed bathroom signs. She loved looking down and noticing the flowers and she loved looking up and noticing the weather vanes. I can't see any of these without thinking of her. :rotfl2::banana::dancer: She used the rolling on the floor laughing one all the time, she used the dancing banana when she had good news to share ("I'm heading to Catalina Island for my birthday!") and she called the last one "Creepy Dancing Guy." She was a wonderful host of the Halloween and Holiday time Superthreads. I looked forward to her Theme Weeks, a call to post pictures relating to specific aspects of the season.

I never met her in real life, but she was certainly a friend. I stepped away from DisBoards for a few years. When I popped in again last year I noticed she wasn't around anymore. It wasn't hard to notice since she was such a fixture around here. I sent her a PM but never heard anything back. I'm not on FB, otherwise I know we would be friends on that forum as well. I remember hoping that last holiday season would bring her out of the woodwork but it didn't.

About a month ago my sister sent me a screenshot of a comment on a Disneyland YouTuber's channel -- a comment regarding a possible sighting of one of the turnstile character pumpkins in a truck driving toward Disneyland. She sent me the comment for the content. But I was more excited about the name of the commenter. Sherry E, it said. It just had to be her. She had such a distinctive, detailed writing style. I felt like I could hear her voice as I read the comment. I have been meaning to reply to that comment on the video, to find out if it was really her and get back in touch. And now I'm kicking myself because I never did.

Tonight I spent some time reading through old PMs and comments she made on my trip reports so I could "hear her voice" again.

Sherry, this year I'll think of you while I watch all the Rankin/Bass Christmas shows. Continue wildly waving that red scarf! I'll hang a star on my Christmas tree for you. :hug:
So well said. I am so sad today. I saw that Sherry had passed away on a Hallmark FB page. I came here as I too was introduced to Sherry through the Disneyland at Christmas super thread and enjoyed her entries so much. I think of her when I look at the theming in the different lands - especially light poles.

I hadn't PM/DM with Sherry in quite some time. Sherry, I hope you are having one heck of a time regaling God with your stories in heaven. I will sure miss them here.

So well said. I am so sad today. I saw that Sherry had passed away on a Hallmark FB page. I came here as I too was introduced to Sherry through the Disneyland at Christmas super thread and enjoyed her entries so much. I think of her when I look at the theming in the different lands - especially light poles.

I hadn't PM/DM with Sherry in quite some time. Sherry, I hope you are having one heck of a time regaling God with your stories in heaven. I will sure miss them here.

TK! Hugs to you, friend. Hope you are well. ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts