She's Going Back to Back: A September 2019 and February 2020 PTR

One week from today we will be arriving at WDW. Today, we are watching for live updates from the openings of Galaxy's Edge and the Epcot Food and Wine festival.

Its incredible how close the trip is. We've had a rough year, for sure our toughest on record and I'm just ready for this vacation.

Yes, it is hard earned and will be well enjoyed. We had dinner with Jon and Brandy last night and they are excited too. On the Food and Wine front we learned that the Empanadas are back, despite us not seeing them on early menus. There are always a favorite for all of us.

Yay, we love those, and were disappointed to not see them anywhere early on.

We saw Smugglers Run wait times hit 300 min, then come down steadily throughout the early afternoon. I think these times may have been suppressed by the fact they were using a virtual queue to enter Galaxy's Edge, so that helps limit the number of people getting in line. I just checked again though and the land is open, without needing a virtual queue, so perhaps later in the day might be a better bet, or the chaos will die down and it won't be too bad.

It's really exciting to watch the coverage today knowing we'll get to see it live in just a couple days.

We will see, we might not even have to get up super early for it. In other trip news, we did track down our luggage tags, since they were shipped to Brandy's work address. Nobody is sure why they used that address, but that's ok.

We don't have to go to baggage claim!

We're also watching the weather, and are optimistic that Dorian will clear out of the way in time for our trip. We have had good luck with these trip dates, especially in 2017 when we chose to go in August instead and Irma hit right in the middle of what would have been our trip. Brandy had family at WL for the Hurricane then, and they enjoyed their stay but it definitely did change some plans. It's just part of life in September in Florida, so we hope for the best and deal with what comes.

I am doing some last minute shopping and found a perfect watch band on Amazon.

It should go perfect with your magic band puck holder. Very nice!

I think that's all for now. If you're at WDW have a great time and stay dry, and we'll be there next week!

We had an opportunity to go to SWGE on opening day. We hadn't planned on it but yesterday morning the Star Wars information appeared when we opened the app. We stopped at DHS at 10am to get a boarding pass and the bag check and park itself was empty. The four am crowd was streaming out of the park with their light sabers and other purchases. We got boarding group 121 and then headed to Epcot. It was also opening day for Food and Wine and it was very crowded there. I guess that is where the crowd was yesterday.

We finally got into SWGE around 1:15pm, but it was very hot and crowded. The land is very immersive and the signage is all in the foreign language and symbols. If it wasn't for the "end of the line" signs, I wouldn't have known what they were lining up for. ;) We will have to study the map before we go again in October.

It isn't very crowded here right now. This is a slow time of year anyway, even without the hurricane. We will be going home tomorrow, dodging another hurricane. We were in WDW just before Matthew hit. We flew home two days before they closed the Orlando airport for that one. I hope you don't have any problems with your trip. :)

We had an opportunity to go to SWGE on opening day. We hadn't planned on it but yesterday morning the Star Wars information appeared when we opened the app. We stopped at DHS at 10am to get a boarding pass and the bag check and park itself was empty. The four am crowd was streaming out of the park with their light sabers and other purchases. We got boarding group 121 and then headed to Epcot. It was also opening day for Food and Wine and it was very crowded there. I guess that is where the crowd was yesterday.

We finally got into SWGE around 1:15pm, but it was very hot and crowded. The land is very immersive and the signage is all in the foreign language and symbols. If it wasn't for the "end of the line" signs, I wouldn't have known what they were lining up for. ;) We will have to study the map before we go again in October.

It isn't very crowded here right now. This is a slow time of year anyway, even without the hurricane. We will be going home tomorrow, dodging another hurricane. We were in WDW just before Matthew hit. We flew home two days before they closed the Orlando airport for that one. I hope you don't have any problems with your trip. :)
Thanks for the live report. It is neat that you got to see SWGE on opening day, especially without having planned on it.
Your timing is great to escape the Hurricane. We will just watch and wait and see what it does. Hopefully it isn’t too bad and is finished up by Thursday, but you can bet we are watching it closely. Our plane flies from MCO to LAX before picking us up, so we will see.
Have a great rest of your trip and a safe flight home.

We are in the home stretch now, with a day and hours until we should be on our way. We had a busy weekend, but spent a good part of it watching updates from Dorian.

Boy the poor bahamas, they may never be above water again. But it definately turned North, so that's positive, it's moving.

Yeah, after watching closures anounced, cancelled, and then implemented for MCO, we now see that the same flight as ours one day earlier has been cancelled.

So far ours is still on the schedule, as is the afternoon flight from LAX to MCO on Wednesday, so hopefully the storm behaves as they expect.

We are watching closely and waiting but there isn't a whole lot we can do except see how it plays out. We are almost packed though and I hope to finish the big stuff tonight.

Yep, all that's left is sitting and waiting a bit at work...

The missing shirt still has not been found unfortunately. I don't think it's going with us this trip. Maybe it'll turn up for February.

That's OK, Star Wars land will still be there then, and we might choose to spend a little more time there.

We'll post updates as the trip gets closer, and we'll let you know if we make it out of California...

I've been watching Dorian's slow trek and hoping that it would move on in time for your flight. It looks like you will be fine. ::yes::

One benefit of coming in right after the hurricane moves on is that the parks might still be relatively empty. You might want to check out Star Wars Land before the crowds return. I need to study the map before we return. Nothing is in English except the restroom sign. :)

We really enjoyed the WL this trip. The only bad thing was the trail to FW was fenced off. They didn't take any chances, either. They used a chain link fence to be sure no one could sneak down the trail. But the boat ride was nice. :)

I know you will have a great time. :)

I've been watching Dorian's slow trek and hoping that it would move on in time for your flight. It looks like you will be fine. ::yes::
Yes, thinks are looking good. We were a little scared when today's flight was canceled, but we are checked in and have boarding passes for tomorrow. Hopefully in 24 hours we will be in the air somewhere over the middle of the country.

One benefit of coming in right after the hurricane moves on is that the parks might still be relatively empty. You might want to check out Star Wars Land before the crowds return. I need to study the map before we return. Nothing is in English except the restroom sign. :)
I have seen the phone app/game that acts as a translater for that language. Sounds like we might need it. I am looking at when we could sneak over to HS earlier in the trip than we had planned. Right now Smuggler's Run has only a 60 minute wait at 12:45. That could be nice.

We really enjoyed the WL this trip. The only bad thing was the trail to FW was fenced off. They didn't take any chances, either. They used a chain link fence to be sure no one could sneak down the trail. But the boat ride was nice. :)

I know you will have a great time. :)
Thanks! I figured the construction area would be well fenced, and I guess that starts right at WL. That's ok, we'll just make our FW trips by boat. I am sure that I will be over there in a few days to pick up breakfast burritos for everyone.
I just can't wait for the peaceful mornings exploring WL. I'll be sure to take and post pics to share.

Tomorrow is the day!

We are pretty much packed, and the dogs are dropped off at the Vet for their vacation, although I'm pretty sure they'd be ready to come home any time...

Lol yeah, they are gonna be so ready to be home.

Now I'm just finishing the work day, wearing my favorite shirt. Its a Wilderness Lodge Wednesday!

We can't wait!

Last edited:
Thinking of you guys, and hoping you're having an even better trip than you expected!
We are having a ball! Lots of fun and lots of pictures.
p3596547617-4.jpg

I am getting caught up after our trip and you guys are already on yours! Can't wait to here how it is going / went.
It was great. Today was the first Monday back so we didn’t have any time for fun, but we will start a TR soon.
Wishing you guys a great trip home. Looking forward to reading all about your new adventures!
Thanks! We had a ball, and have a whole lot of pictures to use in a TR.

We made it home from our September trip fine, although as usual the adventure was in the journey. We did so many fun new things, and we are all excited to be going back so soon. Just 142 days!

Attachments

• FE4452E1-3236-4D6D-BBC4-4B849A6DC7D5.png
    FE4452E1-3236-4D6D-BBC4-4B849A6DC7D5.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter