"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

Hi, friends! I can’t believe that we’re almost to the end of this TR. I don’t know how I’m going to handle my Post-Disney Depression once I don’t have a TR to write! But for now, another update…

The Day of the Drowned Rats
Day 12, Part 2

After our late lunch at Kona, we took the monorail back to MK. When we reached the park, IT HAD STOPPED RAINING!

giphy-downsized.gif

We hustled our butts over to 7DMT to use our recovery FPs before the rain started up again.

MK_MINETRAIN_20170607_402843067225 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_MINETRAIN_20170607_8053008763 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Then we were off to use our FPs for BTMRR. This time, Kelsey and I rode in the very front row.:woohoo:

200-29.gif

So, I am realizing that I forgot to tell y’all what happened with the same-day FPs. We had read that Disney was closing the loophole that allowed you to book same-day FPs at the kiosk on a Magic Band that did not have a ticket attached to it. The day they were closing the loophole? Our last park day. So we took advantage of it up until that last day. We tried today, but the kiosk told us that we didn’t have a ticket, which we knew. We were bummed, but we made it work.

Anyways…

After BTMRR, we walked over to the General Store, so Kelsey could get some jelly beans she’d seen earlier in the trip. From there, we moved on to Tomorrowland. We were going to use our FPs for Space, but it was down. So, we got on the People Mover instead. By the time we got off, Space was back up and running.

Andrea decided not to ride, so we left our bags with her. We got sent on the left track this time. I don’t know if it’s just me, but the left side seems more intense…

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_20170607_8053096485 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

Mom wasn’t exactly ready for the picture.:rotfl:

Buzz was next on our list and was really the last thing that we wanted to absolutely make sure that we did. We got in the standby line, but then we were able to book a FP with a window in 20 minutes or so, so we got out of standby.

Kelsey and I walked over to the Lunching Pad to get a frozen blue raspberry drink.

IMG_2749 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_2751 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

By the time we finished our drinks, it was time for our Buzz FPs.

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170607_8053203895 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170607_8053206188 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

I beat Kelsey, but I didn’t do nearly as well as I did the other day.:confused3

IMG_2755 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

We made our way out of Tomorrowland, stopping for some PP pictures along the way.

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_402842981331 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_8053191726 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_8053191727 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_8053191729 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_8053192978 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_402842587637 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_402842969226 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

MK_TOMBRDG1_20170607_402842984802 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

At this point, we were all exhausted. That fact combined with the rain clouds that looked like they could open at any moment, we decided to be done for the day. Now, this was not an easy decision for me or Mom because we hardly ever leave a park before closing, especially on our last day. But we had done everything we wanted to do in MK, most of them more than once, and the fact that it was Day 12 of our trip was starting to hit us pretty hard. So, we started making our way up Main Street. We stopped in the Emporium on the way out, and I am so glad we did.

I FOUND THE SWEATSHIRT!
party:

I had seen it at World of Disney on our second day at WDW but hadn’t been able to find it since. So, of course, I was thrilled to find it in my size, and I snatched it up.

IMG_2758 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

This sweatshirt is soooo soft and comfy, and I wear it all the time around campus.

I also bought a pair of earrings (that I also wear all the time).

IMG_2774 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

I’m pretty sure Kelsey bought a sweatshirt that night, but I can’t find a picture of it.

We made our way out of the park with heavy hearts.:sad: We decided we wanted EoS for dinner, so Andrea and Mom got in line for a Disney Springs bus, while Kelsey and I headed for the Pop bus stop. Mom and Andrea got the sandwiches to-go and brought them back to the room. I honestly think everyone got the same thing as the night before (I know I did anyway).

Everybody showered, ate their sandwiches, and started getting their stuff together. I don’t know about y’all, but “pack” is a 4-letter word for me when I’m in Disney.:sad2:

After a while, we all crashed and fell fast asleep.

Up Next: One Last Visit to Disney Springs

Last edited:
When they close an amazing loophole the last day you're there... RIP.

It looks like you had a GREAT last day in Magic Kingdom though and YAY YOU FOUND THE SWEATER!!! It's tres chic. I love it.

I'm so sad that this TR is coming to an end :( this was SUCH a fun one! I can't wait to read about your last trip to Disney Springs! And I'm so ready to follow you on your Dec 18 adventure!!

Andrea decided not to ride, so we left our bags with her. We got sent on the left track this time. I don’t know if it’s just me, but the left side seems more intense…
YES!!! I think so too! I think the left side is more fun for some reason... I mean they probably aren't the same since they are mised together.

By the time we finished our drinks, it was time for our Buzz FPs.

That is the way to work the Fast Pass System!

When they close an amazing loophole the last day you're there... RIP.

We were bummed, but we made it work. It's going to change how we do things in the future though, because that loophole was something we've been taking advantage of for the last several trips.:sad2:

It looks like you had a GREAT last day in Magic Kingdom though and YAY YOU FOUND THE SWEATER!!! It's tres chic. I love it.

It was a really good last day! All three mountains AND 7DMT--not bad at all! I was so happy to find that sweatshirt and have definitely gotten my money's worth!

I'm so sad that this TR is coming to an end :( this was SUCH a fun one! I can't wait to read about your last trip to Disney Springs! And I'm so ready to follow you on your Dec 18 adventure!!

You are too sweet! :flower1:

YES!!! I think so too! I think the left side is more fun for some reason... I mean they probably aren't the same since they are mised together.

I actually like the right side better, but that may be because I've ridden it more and have a better idea of what's coming.

That is the way to work the Fast Pass System!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

I can’t believe that we’re almost to the end of this TR. I don’t know how I’m going to handle my Post-Disney Depression once I don’t have a TR to write! But for now, another update…
You can do it....you have another trip to plan for.

I also bought a pair of earrings (that I also wear all the time).
these are so cute guess what's going on my Christmas list for next year.

Sounds like a great last day at MK! The PP pics came out so cute! And YAY for finding the sweatshirt!

Ugh packing to go home is so sad :(

You can do it....you have another trip to plan for.

Very true! :cool1:

these are so cute guess what's going on my Christmas list for next year.

I love them! They're a perfect way to put a little Disney in my day!

Sounds like a great last day at MK! The PP pics came out so cute! And YAY for finding the sweatshirt!

It was a really good last day, and thank you! :goodvibes

Ugh packing to go home is so sad :(

It's actually the worst. It's especially bad if you don't know when you're coming back (which we didn't at this point).

Ornaments, Coffee Mugs, and Bath Bombs, Oh My!
Day 13

All too soon, it was time for us to head back to the real world. But first, we had one more visit to Disney Springs planned.

This morning, we were awakened around 8:30 to the sound of our doorknob jiggling.

Umm…what?

200w-3.gif

The doorknob stopped moving, then started again. I get up to go look out the window, and I hear voices outside the door. Voices that could only belong to tiny humans.

I never opened the door, and the kids ran off, so I don’t know what was going on. My guess is they had been sent to get ice or something and then couldn’t remember which room was theirs. It was certainly an interesting way to start our morning.:laughing:

It was around 9 or so when we got up to pack. After a while, Kelsey and I walked down to the main building to get two luggage carts and then pushed them back to the rooms. It was an interesting challenge trying to maneuver the two carts in and out of the two rooms both with and without luggage (which there was certainly a lot of :eek:).

The view outside our room.

IMG_2764
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

We loaded everything up and pushed it down to the front of Classic Hall. Mom pulled the car up to the building, and we loaded the jigsaw puzzle back into the car.

It was around 11:20 when we left Pop for the last time.

200-30.gif

We drove to Disney Springs and parked in the Lime Garage. From there, we went straight to Wolfgang Puck Express. We lucked out, too, because the bottom fell out almost immediately after we walked in the door.

I got BBQ chicken pizza.

IMG_2766

Kelsey got margarita pizza (which I can’t find a picture of :confused3).

Mom and Andrea decided to split a BBQ chicken salad and a chicken salad sandwich.

IMG_2767

Everything was yummy, as usual. This has been a favorite of ours for as long as I can remember, and it never disappoints.

Our first after-lunch stop was Mickey’s Pantry, where Mom and Andrea both bought some spices. As we walked in the direction of World of Disney, we saw the Happy Hound cart/stand and bought some peanut butter flavored bubbles for our furry friends (although I honestly have no idea where those ended up).:laughing:

Then we wandered through TrenD, walking all the way through to the other side to try and stay dry. We hurried over to Basin next. Kelsey and I each filled up one of the $20 barrels (which is seriously the best deal EVER). I think we both ended up with 7 bath bombs in our barrels.:woohoo: I got one with Mickey confetti, but I’m saving it for a day when I really need it! Andrea also filled a barrel for Kelsey’s sister Emyle to give to her for her birthday.

Then, we were off to World of Disney. I ended up buying a Tinker Bell mug…:tink:

IMG_3371

IMG_3372

…and a Christmas ornament.

41Z2MuV09nL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

img_1097.jpg

Mom got the same ornament, as well as a tshirt, a purse, and a package of chocolate covered pretzels.

Kelsey bought a pin for a friend and a tshirt.

Andrea got the same ornament, a tshirt, and a bag of caramel corn.

We also bought a sweatshirt for our grandma and a coffee mug for our grandpa.

Needless to say, we were quite thankful for Mom’s Disney Visa discount today.::yes::

After buying the last of our souvenirs, we had one final stop to make:
Ghirardelli!

I got one scoop of cookie dough and one scoop of chocolate.

IMG_2768

Mom got a scoop of mint chocolate chip in a waffle bowl.

IMG_2769

Kelsey got an Espresso Escape sundae, and Andrea got a salted caramel sundae, but those pictures have disappeared (if they ever even existed:rotfl:).

We finished our ice cream and made the trek out to the car. It was 3:20 when we left Disney Springs, and I most definitely cried a little when we said goodbye to this sign.

IMG_2770

Since we were splitting our travel into two days, we drove the 4-5 hours to Tallahassee on this day.

We had a reservation at a Hampton in Tallahassee, and we were all exhausted by the time we got there. We checked in, stashed our stuff in our room, then trekked across the parking lot to TGI Fridays for dinner.

IMG_3691

I have absolutely no idea what anyone got, but I seem to remember that we all enjoyed it.

When we got back to the room after dinner, we were all punch-drunk tired. And when everyone is punch-drunk tired, weird things start happening…:rotfl:

This might actually be my favorite video from this trip.

I don’t think I have to say that we all crashed
HARD not long after this.:faint:

One Last Travel Day
Day 14

Since there isn’t all that much to tell about our last travel day, I figured I would go ahead and crank out that update. That morning, we ate the free breakfast at our hotel, loaded our stuff back into the car, and were on the road by 10:50am ET. We had another 4-5 hours to go before we got back to my house. When we were about 30 miles out, we hit really bad traffic. So bad, in fact, that our GPS said we were 30 miles from home for over an hour. In the end, the traffic probably added about an hour and a half to our travel time, and it was about 4:00 CT when we got back to my house. Rather than waiting until the next day to drive home like they’d planned, Kelsey and Andrea decided to go ahead and drive the 7-8 hours back to their house. It was around midnight when they finally got home.

Well, I guess that’s it. I’ll have one more post (maybe 2) with my final thoughts and that sort of thing. Thanks so much for reading along as I relived our adventures!

Last edited:
Spending time (and money) at Disney Springs is good last day activity ;) Sounds like you all were successful!

I enjoyed reading all about your trip!! :goodvibes

Ugh driving away from your resort is always the worst feeling in the world :sad:

Pizza, shopping, ice cream. Can't go wrong. A sweet ending to a magical trip. Also let us know how the Basin Mickey bath bomb is!!! I haven't tried any of Basin's bath bombs yet!!!

Traveling home is the wooorst, especially with traffic :(

Thank you so much for sharing this AWESOME report with us!!!

Spending time (and money) at Disney Springs is good last day activity ;) Sounds like you all were successful!

Absolutely! The perfect way to end a trip. :D

I enjoyed reading all about your trip!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much!

Ugh driving away from your resort is always the worst feeling in the world :sad:

SO. MANY. FEELS.

Pizza, shopping, ice cream. Can't go wrong. A sweet ending to a magical trip. Also let us know how the Basin Mickey bath bomb is!!! I haven't tried any of Basin's bath bombs yet!!!

I've used one of my Basin bombs and it was fabulous!

Traveling home is the wooorst, especially with traffic :(

I think the fact that we were only 30 miles away made it that much worse.

Thank you so much for sharing this AWESOME report with us!!!

Thank you for reading!! :)

Thanks for taking the time to write out your TR! I really enjoyed it and have been making a list of must do's and must eats for my honeymoon trip in May. It looks like you had an amazing time. Congratulations on your graduation too x

Post-Trip Thoughts

This was one big whirlwind of a trip! We planned this trip for nearly two years, so it’s hard to believe that it’s come and gone already. I’m so grateful for the time that I got to spend with some of my favorite people in my favorite place on Earth. Now that this rather long TR is coming to a close, I thought I would wrap it up with some post-trip thoughts.

This trip included a lot of firsts for us:

Staying in a Disney Springs Area Hotel

House of Blues

Voyage of Sinbad

Poseidon’s Fury

Flight of the Hippogriff

Jurassic Park River Adventure

Red Oven Pizza Bakery

Hogwarts Express

Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor

Bilge Rat Barges

Jimmy Fallon’s Race Through New York

Escape from Gringotts

The Mummy

Minion Mayhem

Transformers

Mel’s Drive In

Toothsome Chocolate Factory

People Mover with the lights on inside Space Mountain!

Took an Uber

Met King Louie and Baloo

Visited AK at night

Rivers of Light

Frozen Ever After

Via Napoli

Disney Pixar Short Film Festival

L’Artisan des Glaces

PPF interactive queue

Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire

Happily Ever After

Tower of Terror Coffee Cart

Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich

Miss Adventure Falls

Earl of Sandwich

LeFou’s Brew

Whew! I didn’t realize how many new things we’d tried until I started making a list! This list would be even longer if I’d included all the firsts for Andrea and Kelsey that Mom and I had done before.

This trip was full of magic, laughter, and memories, and I’m so happy you all joined me for this TR! I hope you’ll join me for the planning of our December 2018 adventure (PTR link in my signature!).

One last thing before I bring this TR to a close. I made a trip video for this trip that sort of compiles
all the things. Enjoy!

And I guess that brings this TR to an end.
THANK YOU for joining me on this adventure!

Have a magical day, everyone!! :wave::wave:

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write out your TR! I really enjoyed it and have been making a list of must do's and must eats for my honeymoon trip in May. It looks like you had an amazing time. Congratulations on your graduation too x

Thank you so much for reading!!! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon trip!! :D

I enjoyed your TR thanks for taking the time to write it. Looking forward to reading your next one.

With my recent trip, I was so behind! I got back here just in time for it to be all over! :(

IMG_3897

Mom and I were very disappointed to discover that we were missing two pieces from our Peter Pan puzzle. :(

This is so incredibly stressful for me to even look at. I'm sorry.

On Christmas Eve, we stayed true to our tradition: church followed by pizza and a Christmas movie! My grandparents were here this year to do it all with us. :)

Excellent Christmas Eve tradition! Your family looks lovely.

I also got a sweatshirt (because you can never have too many Disney sweatshirts).

I love this sweatshirt! I almost bought it when we were just there!

There are really just no words to describe HEA. I’ll admit: I wasn’t really sure how I would feel about it because I was a die-hard Wishes lover. But HEA absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way. The music was amazing; the projects and fireworks were absolutely stunning. Another win for Disney!

HEA is so beautiful! I'm glad you got to stick it out and see it! I'm still the stick in the mud who prefers Wishes, but only for the feels it gives me. HEA is absolutely amazing in terms of the projection technology and the soundtrack :)

Kelsey was blue, and I was red. I got best in car!

IMG_2630

I felt quite victorious after this ride since Kelsey had kicked my butt at MIB in Universal.

Wooh! Congrats!

This time, I was yellow, and Kelsey was green.

IMG_2657

I was best in car this time, too!

Wow! Even better! I've never done quite this well. I was happy on a recent trip just to get the "cat" for the first time :)

One Man’s Dream is one of mine and my mom’s favorite things in all of WDW. I love walking through and seeing/reading about all things Walt!:lovestruc

Love this!

Have you ever been on a tour at WDW? They're certainly a little pricey, some better than others for sure. But we did the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour at MK on our last trip, and it was three hours and about $50 per person. It might be something worth gifting to yourselves for a special trip or something. We really enjoyed it, and with your love of all things Walt history, I think you'd love something like that! (If I ever get my current TR written and can get to writing one for the most recent trip, I'll be talking about it, and I'll try to avoid too many spoilers.)

38629417174_e630e05bc6.jpg

Excellent drink choice! And cool photo, too!

I LOVE Fantasmic! I may even have an unhealthy obsession with it.

Me too, me too! I think now that Wishes is gone it's actually my new favourite night show. But it's hard to pick.

Andrea had apparently taken her shoes off. Her feet then proceeded to swell rather significantly, so when she went to put her shoes back on so we could leave, Mom said, “She’s gotta put the biscuits back in the can!”

Bahaha! I wondered where this title came from!

Super cute!

Mom and I split a Crissy Fields cookie bits sundae…

Omg. This is what I'd want.

have started my PTR for our December 2018 trip!

Woohoo! Another trip!

she had told Andrea that her feet looked "like a busted can of biscuits" before she ever took her shoes off, and that this was the whole reason that she said "She's gotta put the biscuits back in the can!" I apparently did not hear this, but it certainly adds to the story.:rotfl:

Ahhh, this makes it even better.

Wow...I didn't realize how long this trip was until now!

My writing music, in case anyone wanted to know:

I love this! I used to listen to this and the Epcot music loop at work constantly.

Well…this is what Kelsey and I looked like after our ride.:rotfl2:

IMG_2747

And with the weather that came later, we never really dried off!

Oh no! ...and that foreshadowing doesn't sound good.

I don’t know how I’m going to handle my Post-Disney Depression once I don’t have a TR to write!

You'll plan your next trip! That'll help! It's always easier to leave a trip behind when you have another to anticipate :)

I don’t know about y’all, but “pack” is a 4-letter word for me when I’m in Disney.:sad2:

Absolutely.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!! And congrats on your graduation—what an awesome way to celebrate it! I'll head over to your PTR soon. :)

I enjoyed your TR thanks for taking the time to write it. Looking forward to reading your next one.

Thank you so much for reading!!

This is so incredibly stressful for me to even look at. I'm sorry.

I was basically in denial until that point..it was the worst.

Excellent Christmas Eve tradition! Your family looks lovely

Thank you! :)

Have you ever been on a tour at WDW? They're certainly a little pricey, some better than others for sure. But we did the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour at MK on our last trip, and it was three hours and about $50 per person. It might be something worth gifting to yourselves for a special trip or something. We really enjoyed it, and with your love of all things Walt history, I think you'd love something like that! (If I ever get my current TR written and can get to writing one for the most recent trip, I'll be talking about it, and I'll try to avoid too many spoilers.)

We've never done a tour, but it's definitely something that my mom and I have talked about. She really wants to do the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot, I think.

I love this! I used to listen to this and the Epcot music loop at work constantly.

I have an entire Youtube playlist that is all the park music I could find. That and Disney movie scores are pretty much all I listen to while I'm doing homework/studying.

You'll plan your next trip! That'll help! It's always easier to leave a trip behind when you have another to anticipate :)

YES! I think that's part of the reason I was so anxious to start my PTR:rotfl:

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!! And congrats on your graduation—what an awesome way to celebrate it! I'll head over to your PTR soon. :)

Thank you thank you!! So glad you enjoyed it! :D

We've never done a tour, but it's definitely something that my mom and I have talked about. She really wants to do the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot, I think.

You definitely should sometime! We did Behind the Seeds on our honeymoon, and it was really good. I like that it's affordable and I think it's an awesome value for what you pay. And I also like that they do it throughout the day so you don't have to necessarily get to the park for an 8am tour or anything. We didn't books ours in advance and we just went up and signed up for the next available tour at the desk. If you really like Living with the Land that obviously helps too! :P

You definitely should sometime! We did Behind the Seeds on our honeymoon, and it was really good. I like that it's affordable and I think it's an awesome value for what you pay. And I also like that they do it throughout the day so you don't have to necessarily get to the park for an 8am tour or anything. We didn't books ours in advance and we just went up and signed up for the next available tour at the desk. If you really like Living with the Land that obviously helps too! :P

My mom adores Livin with the Land, which is pretty much the whole reason she wants to do it. Who knows--maybe in December?? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!