Shhhh...It's a surprise!!!

Two years ago we had Season Passes to Six Flags which was our cover story for all vacation related planning. I always make the kids travel bags for Disney trips. Usually it’s a shirt, Stuffy, some bubbles, glow jewelry and a bunch of cheap dollar store Disney party favors. That was they are less inclined to want that kind of stuff in the parks. My two younger boys have Autism and are both fairly nonverbal. So we told them where we were going, but not my 14 y/o daughter.
So the day arrives and we get in the car to head to “Six Flags”, and I waited until the last minute to pass out the bags. My daughter still didn’t suspect anything until I handed her a home Made card. On the front was some Disney stickers, inside my ex husband had blown up a fastpass for her favorite ride and changed the time to our trip dates. She was just in shock... when I told her we were headed to Disneyland instead of Six Flags she broke out sobbing and thanking us. It was a great trip and it was extra special because of the surprise and the fact that she’d always been to the World and had been asking us to take her to CA so she could see how different it was.

Ok...So, DH wants to let DS know we are going to WDW sooner than his birthday. DH can not keep a good secret. :rolleyes1 SO...Instead of waiting until his birthday in Dec for a Jan trip. Luckily, our double digit dance day is TOMORROW! :yay:
Here is my plan....
I'm going to fill a bankers box with red, black, yellow, and white balloons filled with helium. I might put a t-shirt at the bottom...I don't know. I'm going to wrap the box in birthday paper.
Prior to opening the 'gift' We are going to watch some of the planning videos, talk about how awesome it would be if we went to WDW...Then, give him his gift.
Fingers crossed this works and is exciting as I think it might be....
Lots of last minute work to do tomorrow!!! I'll keep you posted.pixiedust:

So, DS washing a rough day when we decided to tell him about his surprise. I wrapped a box in sparkly red paper so he could take the box top off. Fair warning...apparently you have to have a certain amount of helium in a balloon for it to float. This limited the number of balloons I could use. At the bottom of the box I wrote '99 days until we go to Disney World!" He opened the box, got out the balloons, and that was good enough. We had to tell him to look at the bottom of the box and read it. He did and was a little confused with the message. So, we broke it down for him. He finally got it and was excited, but more excited to put himself in the box. :rotfl:

Now, this might seem disappointing..Ok I was a little...but the next morning when I woke him up for school, first thing he said was "Mommy, we have 98 days until we go to Disney!" :cloud9: He's been counting down every morning and his teacher knows and doesn't care he will be away. :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!