Shipping a car across country

Liz

Make a miracle!
Does anyone have experience or advice regarding shipping a car across country? We are trying to move my mother in with us and are looking into shipping her car to our home (distance of 2,300 miles from one location to the other). Thank you!

Does anyone have experience or advice regarding shipping a car across country? We are trying to move my mother in with us and are looking into shipping her car to our home (distance of 2,300 miles from one location to the other). Thank you!
Have you considered hiring someone to drive it for you?

Yep, done this twice now. Stupid military cross country moves. We used a company called Montway Auto Transport. No issues.

Reactions: Liz

Have you considered hiring someone to drive it for you?

Yes, but it's an older car (2008, I think), but has very few miles. It's literally the typical "driven by a little old lady and never over 30 mph" situation. Never driven on the freeway. I am just worried about it making such a long journey. Even though it's 2008 it's still newer than all three of our vehicles or else we would maybe just sell it.

Yes, but it's an older car (2008, I think), but has very few miles. It's literally the typical "driven by a little old lady and never over 30 mph" situation. Never driven on the freeway. I am just worried about it making such a long journey. Even though it's 2008 it's still newer than all three of our vehicles or else we would maybe just sell it.
I looked at the cost from the link vacationer1954 posted and was rather surprised at how inexpensive it was. Sounds like hiring someone isn't the best idea at all. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter