Shipping souvenirs home

teller80

DIS Veteran
If I buy a couple of sweatshirts at the park and want to ship them home, can I do it from where I buy it? Is there a handling fee? thank you!

One year when I went, I bought more souveniers than what would fit in my suitcase. The desk clerk at my resort found a box for me, helped me box it all up, and they charged my visa card for the exact amount of shipping. If everything had been from a disney-owned store, then I could have had it all shipped in one box for free, by the gift shop at my resort, if I had receipts showing that it was all from Disney-owned stores. But some of it was for downtown disney stores and epcot stores that were independently owned, so I paid. It wasn't all that much. Shipping directly from stores may be an option, check to see if they are disney or independent stores, and what the cost will be if any.

Disney will ship your things home for you - shipping costs are based on the amount of money you spend - there is no handling fee.

I usually try and buy most of the things at one store when I know I'll need to ship home - like this year, I'll be picking up the christmas gifts for nieces and nephews at Disney World so I'll go to Disney Springs and hit the giant Disney store so I can take advantage of paying with my Disney Visa and getting a discount plus they will ship home for me - the shipping is usually pretty high which is why I like doing it only once if possible.

Or I tuck a duffle bag into my suitcase so I use that as a carryon on the trip home and put alot of what I buy in that around my electronics and things that I won't check at the airport.

You can ship Disney Parks products from the resort gift shop. Go a couple days in advance to make sure they have boxes. If you purchase other non-Disney items or just want to ship any stuff home, you can still get a box from the gift shop but you have to do UPS from concierge desk.

A few different ways. If you ask to do it at the time of purchase, you will be given a form to fill out (believe it is the same one as if you were shipping to resort) and then be charged a set rate based off the total transaction cost. They bag it up, staple it closed, and then it shows up at your house later. Pros, you don't have to worry about anything, if something shows up broken or missing it's their fault and they are usually great about fixing/replacing it. Cons, it can be really expensive if you are shipping smaller, more expensive things home. Tip - You can save up your purchases (and receipts) and have them do it all at once instead of doing it multiple times. Be prepared to wait as the store basically needs to return everything, and then resell it to you in a single transaction.
You can ask your front desk to ship it for you. They will ship it via UPS, FedEx, USPS, whatever you want that they have access to. Pros, you only pay for whatever the shipper charges, plus a handling fee. So shipping a small expensive item will usually be cheaper this way. You can also ship things that Disney won't, such as food or stuff purchased from 3rd party stores. Cons, you need to find a box and packing material yourself. Your resort store may have something, they may not.
You can shop via the Disney Parks App/Merchandise Hotline. Pros, you can shop from all the Disney O/O stores on property at once and have it shipped home. And if you shop via the App they do occasionally run sales or free shipping (and you can apply AP or DVC discount if your email is the same for the various accounts). Cons, same problems with shipping, you ship per transaction cost, not size or weight.

Does anyone know if the Droid Depot uses UPS/Fedex or the US Postal Service to ship droids home for guests? We will have our mail 'on hold' for a least another week after we leave WDW and our post office has lost packages in the past, so I would prefer not to have my kids new little 'friends' shipped through the post office service. If they use UPS/FedEx, I can just have a neighbor grab it off the porch. Thank you so much for any insight you can provide!

Does anyone know if the Droid Depot uses UPS/Fedex or the US Postal Service to ship droids home for guests? We will have our mail 'on hold' for a least another week after we leave WDW and our post office has lost packages in the past, so I would prefer not to have my kids new little 'friends' shipped through the post office service. If they use UPS/FedEx, I can just have a neighbor grab it off the porch. Thank you so much for any insight you can provide!

I thought Disney (World, Land, Store) uses UPS for most of their shipping needs.

Your other option if you are thinking that you might not have room to bring a few things home is to buy a prepurchased USPS flat rate box and pack it flat in the bottom of your suitcase. Postage on them is paid when you buy it. Load it up. Drop it at the front desk where you are staying and voila it'll be home when you get home. We did the a few years ago when we were there and no issues whatsover.

When I was staying at Beach Club Villas, I took stuff over to the Business Office in the YC/BC Convention Center and shipped it home. They boxed it up and shipped it for me.

We just had our 2 droids and hubby's lightsaber shipped home. We went to our gift shop and they took care of everything. It was really affordable too. Only cost $35 and saved us from taking them on the airplane. We shipped them out Wednesday night and they got delivered today (Tuesday). We were quoted 7-10 business days. BTW We live in central texas if that matters at all. Will definately do this again if the need arises.

Your other option if you are thinking that you might not have room to bring a few things home is to buy a prepurchased USPS flat rate box and pack it flat in the bottom of your suitcase. Postage on them is paid when you buy it. Load it up. Drop it at the front desk where you are staying and voila it'll be home when you get home. We did the a few years ago when we were there and no issues whatsover.

USPS does it slightly differently now. The flat rate boxes are free and then you pay for postage.

We just had our 2 droids and hubby's lightsaber shipped home. We went to our gift shop and they took care of everything. It was really affordable too. Only cost $35 and saved us from taking them on the airplane. We shipped them out Wednesday night and they got delivered today (Tuesday). We were quoted 7-10 business days. BTW We live in central texas if that matters at all. Will definately do this again if the need arises.
Was that 35 per droid or total? Did you get one of each droid?
Wife and I are planning on doing one of each and having them shipped to us

@Chaserdog53 that was $35 for 2 droids and a lightsaber. The droids were shipped in their own box and lightsaber in its own. Very reasonable.

Your going to have so much fun!

My family just visited the Disney World parks the second week of January 2020. We made a purchase of a light saber at one of the gift shops inside Hollywood Studios. Not wanting to try and carry it on our flight home we filled out a Home Delivery shipping form and selected “Air Delivery” as opposed to ground. The gift shop charged us $39.95 for the air shipping. Did not received any email confirmation regarding the shipping. All we were provided was a copy of the shipping receipt and verbal instructions from the cast member to call the number printed on the receipt if it does not arrive and to not worry because the package is insured by Disney.

Disney Merchandise Guest Services # 1-877-560-6477

We discovered that the item we purchased was shipped via UPS. For reference, here is how we found our shipping/tracking info:

Used the UPS Tracking web site: (UPS.com/track). On the right-hand side there are other options such as track by reference number, Import tracking numbers, other tracking services. Select the “Track by Reference Number” link. You will get a pop up with various fields.

Input the “Ship Doc Number” from your Disney home delivery shipping receipt, enter the destination Country or territory, and destination ZIP/Postal code. It will then pull up the status of your shipment and list the actual UPS tracking number "1Z2Exxxxxxxxxxx". We did not place anything else in the other open fields and left the default date range in the pop up.

We now have the tracking number and can set up email notifications on its status along with visibility to the estimated delivery date. They told us at the Disney store that it would take 2-4 business days and that appears to be accurate per the UPS website.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!