>> Shipping To & From Disney Resorts FAQ <<

Note: The previous version of this thread has been made non-sticky and closed; it will remain on the board for reference if needed.

This post is for those who plan to ship items for their stay to their Disney resorts, or who wish to ship items home from their resort. It’s a work in progress, so if you have any additions or corrections, please post them in this thread, and I’ll do my best to keep the FAQ up to date.

Note: Since FAQ threads can quickly get very long, all off-topic posts will be removed without comment or notification.

Wow, I never thought of sending anything ahead to my resort. What kinds of things do people send?

All sorts of things - air mattresses, luggage, medical supplies, groceries and snacks, cases of water, pool toys, Christmas gifts and decorations. Some guests pack and ship the items themselves, some prefer to order from Amazon, Walmart or other retailers.

Is there anything I can’t or shouldn’t ship?

The major carriers won’t ship alcohol for delivery to consumers, so you’d need to carry that with you or get it locally, either at a resort shop, Speedway store on property, liquor store, etc.

Check your shipper’s website for more information about restricted items.

What shipping method should I use?

Any carrier that you like. The postal service (USPS) delivers WDW mail to a central location, and Disney then distributes mail to its destination. This may mean that your package takes just a bit longer to get to its destination. Other delivery services such as UPS or FedEx deliver directly to the resorts.

Tip: UPS shipping can cost less if you take your package directly to a UPS depot instead of a commercial location like The UPS Store.

Tip: When shipping through the postal service (USPS), unless you pay for special services like Priority Mail or Express Mail, tracking is often not updated at each stop. So don’t be alarmed if your package seems “stuck” somewhere for a few days, it’s probably moving along to its destination and just hasn’t been scanned recently.

Will Disney charge me for receiving a package?

If the package is being delivered to a resort with a convention center, yes. For all other resorts, no. Disney has outsourced the handling of package deliveries at resort convention centers to outside companies, and all packages delivered to those resorts go to the convention center.

Resorts with convention centers are: Grand Floridian, Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn/Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower, and Coronado Springs.

You will be charged a handling fee for each package you receive. The fee is based on weight. For packages that are less than 5 pounds, it’s $3. For packages from 5 pounds to 20 pounds, it’s $5. Packages heavier than 20 pounds have a $10 charge.

Note: it’s been said that packages shipped via the post office do not go to the convention center, and therefore there is no handling fee. I have not been able to confirm this, though, so please don’t come back and yell at me if you get charged for your USPS delivery. ;)

How far in advance of my trip should I send it?

It’s suggested that you try to get it there within a week of your arrival date. I haven’t heard of any packages being refused or sent back because they arrived too soon, but resorts have only so much space for holding packages, and I’m sure the resort staff would rather not be storing packages for weeks on end.

How do I address the package so that it will get to my resort?

Use the name of the lead guest on the reservation (makes it easier for resort staff to find your package):

John Smith - Hold for Guest Arrival 6/1/15
c/o Disney’s Wilderness Resort
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

There’s no need to put your reservation number on the label; in fact, Disney recommends that you do not do this for security reasons.

Resort addresses can be found in the second post of this thread.

Once I arrive at the resort, how do I get my package?

Ask at the front desk. They may be able to give it to you right there, or Bell Services might bring it to your room (tips are appreciated). If you’re staying at a convention resort, you’ll probably need to go to the business center at the convention center to pick up your package. Business centers are open from 8:00am to 5:00pm daily (Monday thru Friday), Saturday 8 am to 10 am, and are closed on Sundays.

What about sending souvenirs and stuff home?

If you don’t have a box, you can pick one up in the resort gift shop. You can bring your package to the front desk, or the Guest Services/Concierge desk. If your resort has a convention center, shipping services are also available at the Ricoh Business Center inside the convention center. Handling fees in the $10 range should be expected in addition to postage charges. If you’re able to print your return shipping label at home before you head to WDW, that’ll be a timesaver.

Hope you find this information helpful. :)

Lynne M and the DISboards Staff
I wish they had this sort of service for the cruises!!

Thank you so much for the information! It helped a lot when I wanted to ship some snacks from Amazon to my Disney hotel :).

I have a couple questions about non-food deliveries, especially for any international travelers who have had parcels shipped to disney.

I want to have some t-shirts delivered for our vacation. It sounds like all hotels are charging to receive packages? We’re staying at the Poly, if it matters? The shirts are made in the US, so the cost of shipping + the 5$ package fee at the hotel is still much cheaper than shipping to my home in Canada. I see the details in the first post about the address/parcel information, but i have one more question: how far before my reservation can I order something so the hotel will hold it? We fly in on 15 December—if I order shirts now and they’re mailed soon, will the Poly hold it for a full month?

I have a couple questions about non-food deliveries, especially for any international travelers who have had parcels shipped to disney.

I want to have some t-shirts delivered for our vacation. It sounds like all hotels are charging to receive packages? We’re staying at the Poly, if it matters? The shirts are made in the US, so the cost of shipping + the 5$ package fee at the hotel is still much cheaper than shipping to my home in Canada. I see the details in the first post about the address/parcel information, but i have one more question: how far before my reservation can I order something so the hotel will hold it? We fly in on 15 December—if I order shirts now and they’re mailed soon, will the Poly hold it for a full month?

I have always read that you shouldn't have a package waiting for longer that 7 days from your arrival, a month is a long time for it to get misplaced.

I have always read that you shouldn't have a package waiting for longer that 7 days from your arrival, a month is a long time for it to get misplaced.

that sounds like a good time frame, thanks :) I’ll ask the seller to ship much closer to our arrival date.

Decided to try out this service on my most recent trip to the All-Star Music resort. I needed a new phone case, so I ordered one through Amazon a couple days before my arrival. I put the address in the format shown at the start of this thread (name, guest, arrival date, then resort address). The package was in my room the second day of my stay and a $5 package fee was added to my room charges. Simple as can be. I would definitely recommend using this service in the future if needed.

I've just had some shopping shipped to AKV which looks like it's been delivered already and I'll be checking in in a week. Aside from the $5 holding fee, if 'm picking up the package from front desk/bell service how much is an acceptable tip? (I'm from Australia please forgive me for asking!)

I've just had some shopping shipped to AKV which looks like it's been delivered already and I'll be checking in in a week. Aside from the $5 holding fee, if 'm picking up the package from front desk/bell service how much is an acceptable tip? (I'm from Australia please forgive me for asking!)

Nil unless Bell Services is delivering it to your room.

Also, the $5 fee is a receiving fee not a holding fee. You could pick it up immediately after it was delivered (ie no holding) and there is still that fee for them receiving it. The fee should be automatically charged to your room account and is per package.

SW

Has anybody experiences with ordering items from shopdisney.com to a Disney resort? The items I'm interested in, are only available at the US-onlinestore (not at the parks) and cannot be shipped internationally. So I'm looking for a possibility to get them while staying at CSR from 3/16-3/22 and this was my only idea. How many days before should I place this order (customized item)?
Thanks

I had a prepaid package from USPS that needed to be sent and I just went to the concierge and asked them. They said they'd put it with their outgoing mail. No issues and the package was delivered to where it was supposed to go.

Is it safe to assume that I will be charged for each box if Amazon ships my order in multiple containers?

Can someone confirm Caribbean Beach Resort shipping/mailing address? I have someone who has asked me to ship something to her and gave me the address 1114 Cayman Way instead of the 900 number. I want to make sure I get it to her!! Thanks in advance for steering me straight!

Can someone confirm Caribbean Beach Resort shipping/mailing address? I have someone who has asked me to ship something to her and gave me the address 1114 Cayman Way instead of the 900 number. I want to make sure I get it to her!! Thanks in advance for steering me straight!

The official address is now 1114 Cayman Way. However, there have been recent reports of guests having issues with some delivery services not recognizing that as a valid address and had to use the old 900 Cayman Way and there stuff was successfully delivered to Bell Services. So unfortunately, I am not 100% sure which you should use because it depends on the service. So I might suggest trying 1114 and if it doesn't work, then try 900.

Can someone please provide me some information? I’ve read most of this thread but a lot of posts are 4 years old.
I had a box sent and delivered today at the contemporary for my weekend stay
Will this be at Bell services or a business center? According to posts earlier business is only open until 10 am Saturday and we arrive after and leave Monday so this is no help to me
I called and the lady said it would be at Bell service but I honestly don’t even know if she’s right or who’s right.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!