shoe recommendations for 3 year old?

dmdj232

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,
Looking for any shoe recommendations for a 3 year who will be walking as long as she wants to be walking for at the parks. We will have a stroller but also want to have her with comfortable shoes.

Hey guys,
Looking for any shoe recommendations for a 3 year who will be walking as long as she wants to be walking for at the parks. We will have a stroller but also want to have her with comfortable shoes.
no shoe recommendation but make sure that what ever shoe you decide on that she breaks them in before trip. also I would have 2 pairs in case one gets wet you have a day for them to dry

Another vote for Natives. Our almost 5 year old lives in Natives. Tsukihoshi also makes great toddler tennis shoes. We've had good luck with Striderite shoes as well.

We bring a pair of sandals that can be dressy if needed, a pair of natives and her Tsukihoshi tennies each trip. And Natives dry almost instantaneously.

Last edited:
I always got stride rite shoes for my daughter. She got to chose when she got older and could say what hurt and didnt.

Hey guys,
This is where almost all DGD's, and her father's and uncle's shoes came from :

https://www.harrys-shoes.com/Childrens.aspx

They do a wonderful job of shoe fitting still and if you are not nearby they'll direct you how to trace little ones' feet
and accommodate you online.

When DGD needed/wanted something more "fashionable" she enjoyed this well edited and made collection of shoes:

https://www.umishoes.com/shop/styles/girlsShoes/littleGirls/page-1.html
As the world has changed you can get many of these well made shoe brands at other places nearer to home.

With all due respect, I do not feel that Crocs, at least the original collection, are appropriate footwear for walking although they make great pool and beach shoes.

Natives - love them. They can be worn with or without socks. Both of my girls are wearing theirs for our trip next week. The clean up super easily and still feel comfortable when wet, yet also cover toes (which is BIG for us). Can't recommend them enough.

My kids fall and trip wearing crocs, so we save those for the pool. I love Keens for kids. They dry relatively quickly and are protective enough for sandals. The seacamps are lighter and more flexible with thinner soles, but the newports are classic and more rugged. My young walkers didn't do great with newports, but they are great after they're solid walkers. Only downside is they can be a little challenging to get on. We also love the Saucony Jazz for sneakers. Affordable, high quality, and cute. Stride Rite quality has tanked, and we no longer buy them. They fray and look terrible after a short time. Our Keens and Saucony still look great after months of wear with no loose threads or obvious wear.

My kids always wore Keens when they were little. Nice sturdy bottom but they are more of a sandal so their feet don't get quite as hot but also will dry better than tennis shoes if it would happen to rain.

For kids a like keens or toms. Nike also makes a good water sandal for kids called the ray (maybe?) that completely covers the foot but has a sneaker sole so are comfortable and if they get wet, dry quick.

At that age my kids lived in Keens. Just make sure to break them in before the trip.

no shoe recommendation but make sure that what ever shoe you decide on that she breaks them in before trip. also I would have 2 pairs in case one gets wet you have a day for them to dry

I think these two tips are the most important of all. Bring shoes she has already been wearing. Even worn in shows can give you trouble if you start walking far more than usual, but new shoes can be a recipe for disaster. I also like to have 2 pairs of shoes. A. If one pair starts to rub wrong, you can take a break from the. B. If one pair is damp, you have time to let them dry.

Those things being echoed, I also like shoes for my kids that can get wet and dry easily on their own. It's hot, and I like them them to take any opportunity to cool down a bit, including water based rides and splash pad or fountain areas. So packing back-ups means we don't have to be concerned if pair one gets wet and choosing shoes that dry easily mean you can either simply dry them with a small hand towel or washcloth (something like Crocs), or you can strap them to the outside of a bag and let them air dry (something like Keens).

Hope you have a great trip!!

We have had good success w/ Crocs over 5 trips. Light, comfortable, no blisters, and since we travel in the summer when it always rains, they dry off really quickly.

Natives! I love that they can double as water shoes for the splash pads my LO inevitably ends up in :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!