Shoes for kids?

Honestly i ONLY wear flip flops at the park. A few years ago, at Costco I found these adidas flipfops with memory foam cushioning and bought them. Last year at disney, i was wearing my usual sneakers and having pain in the arch of my food. I switched to flip flops for a water ride and realized the pain was gone. Wore them the ENTIRE trip.

Since then, theyre all i will wear at the park. 3 trips later. STILL NO FOOT PAIN. Woohoo! I just bought a new pair for 2 the cost on Amazon because mine were wearing out.

If you are comfortable in flip flops and theyre youre go to? Who cares? You know your feet!

My 14 year old also only wears slides to the parks. She walks a lot most days and is comfortable in her slides for the duration of the trips.

The bad thing about flip flops is there is no arch support. If you can find out with good arch support and have some cushion in the foot bed, I would think you'll be fine. My fiance has plantar fascia and my son is flat footed. My son loves Keens. He HAS to get a pair every summer.
Their Podiatrist is fine with flip flops with arch support. He stresses tennis shoes but knows sometimes they have to wear a something cooler in the summer. Both have sweaty feet even in winter. :crazy2:

I don't know how you could get your DD to go shoe shopping for a pair of Keens if she is a flip flop girl. I know kids that age can be very set on not trying new things unless it in the style for their social group. I know my son is set in his ways. But, maybe have a window shopping day where you are just trying on things outside the norm??

Anyone know where to get the best prices on Keens? Any shoe places have good black friday sales?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter