Shoes for Parks after Race

SothrnChic

Mouseketeer
I am running the Wine and Dine 5K and 1OK in November. I am trying to decide what kind of shoes to wear to the parks after the races those days. Do you guys wear the same sneakers as you wore in the race or something different???

I wouldn't wear race shoes mainly because they would be sweaty and I keep the mileage on them for running only. But I would wear something with decent support.

A different pair of tennis shoes.

I have heard lots of people talk about Oofos (not sure how to spell that)

I wear Vionic sandals in the parks and any warm weather vacations I'll be doing a lot of walking in. The ones I have strap around the ankle so no extra work for my feet and they have great arch support. They also don't confine my feet to a shoe which is nice after running 13.1 plus all the walking before and after in my running shoes.

I use sketchers go walks for my park shoes after races. They are very comfortable and "squishy."
My running shoes would be too sweaty post race.

I'd also caution against wearing your race shoes to the parks the days prior to your race. Florida can have rainy moments and you'll want to avoid getting your race shoes wet if possible.

I cannot wear sandals or flip flops or anything like them for extended periods of time (say more than 30 minutes) without encountering issues, so I always wear a different pair of tennis shoes. My preference is actually high tops because they provide good ankle support.

I wear different shoes. I've had difficulties with sandals on a full park day so I'll usually go with a casual running shoe (that I don't actually wear to run) or a basketball shoe depending on what mood strikes. I'm a bit of a sneakerhead so I like something that looks clean and feels comfortable for a day at the parks.

I don’t wear my running shoes for anything but running. I have different sneakers for everyday use.

A older pair of running shoes. I try to retire a pair early and leave some miles on them. They become my park shoes and backup running shoes, in case I have an issue with (or forget!) the primary pair.

Oofos are great, I have clogs and flip-flops, but my feet want more protection in a park. And the flip-flops are slippery when wet.

Oofos are the best recovery shoes ever. And, I wear them to the parks all the time (I'm a local) and never have any problem with slipping when it rains. After the Princess half last year I walked around Disney Springs for 5hrs in my Oofos with no problem. We had family in town and I had to represent. :)

I would bring a pair or retired running shoes. I would wear racing flats for a 5K or 10K and they would kill my feet to walk around a park all day even if I wanted to.

If you do get Oofos for the park, make sure you wear them around multiple times prior to your trip (like any shoes.) They have a different kind of arch than normal sandals (which is the point of them.) They would drive me crazy but my husband likes them.

I wear classic Crocs after the races ( I also wear crocs most the time normally though) No way will I put my running shoes back on after, all sweaty and I need something different.

I usually wear my Mickey Mouse Crocs after any long run. Comfortable and Disney themed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter