Shoney's?

umichigan10

DIS Veteran
I have never eaten at a Shoney's before. I've been on the website. and the food looks good, but I was wondering if anyone and eaten there and if so what they thought. Thanks!

I have never eaten at a Shoney's before. I've been on the website. and the food looks good, but I was wondering if anyone and eaten there and if so what they thought. Thanks!

I used to be the Shoney's Bear!!! (Yeah, probably not my proudest moments in life...but whatever). The food was always very good but that was also 10 years ago. We went to the Shoney's off of Internation Blvd (i think?) in September and even though it was run down, it was decent food. I'm not a big breakfast fan, but they had the breakfast buffet. I also believe they have a seafood buffet.

Shoney's tastes the same like any other Big Boy Restraunt. Biggest difference from Big Boy (in MI) and Shoney's is the sauce on the slim jim - - tarter sauce verses thousand island.

I often get the Shoney's dinner buffet. Not as much variety as Golden Corral but still has the home cooked atmosphere.

There's a Shoneys in the southwest quadrant of the 192/Sherberth intersection, more correctly you go west a quarter block on 192 (Irlo Bronson) and turn left through the median. (Also a Golden Corral buffet on the same side another quarter block west) Sherberth is the skinny road that goes south out of the traffic light intersection just outside Animal Kingdom Lodge; stay in the left lane and bear left before the AK entrance when coming west on Osceola from the rest of WDW.

Shoney's OK. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at one. However, you probably won't get a bad meal there.

good place to stop for breakfast... something for everyone at a good price....

I was a waitress for Shoney's in college.. about 15 years ago.. they are no longer in the area, but if it helps to understand.. we used to go to Village Inn for breakfast after work!

Not good..

Tell you what, we didn't eat at the Shoney's on West 192 last week, but we did eat at Ponderosa and Golden Corral and honestly they were both HORRIBLE!

Maybe we should have tried Shoney's. Actually, the best priced meal we had was Cici's Pizza across the street from Shoney's. 2.99 weekday lunch buffet! Less than 13 bucks for a family of 4 with water to drink!

Duds

...we did eat at Ponderosa and Golden Corral and honestly they were both HORRIBLE!
Explain please?

I have been perfectly happy with the (192) Golden Corral as well as Shoney's. Don't remember trying the Ponderosa, do they have a dinner buffet?

Golden Corral also had this huge dessert selection; I had greatly limit what I took from there because of diet restrictions.

There's another Shoney's in the 535 area. Out Hotel Plaza Blvd. go left (northbound) on 535 (Gooding's plaza and supermarket was straight ahead), next light 535 goes left but you go straight, Shoney's is a block or so on the left.

thanks all for the info. I only bring this up is bc when I drive to Florida from Rhode Island there are Shoney's up and down I-95, so I was wondering how the quality was.

Explain please?

I have been perfectly happy with the (192) Golden Corral as well as Shoney's. Don't remember trying the Ponderosa, do they have a dinner buffet?

Golden Corral also had this huge dessert selection; I had greatly limit what I took from there because of diet restrictions.

There's another Shoney's in the 535 area. Out Hotel Plaza Blvd. go left (northbound) on 535 (Gooding's plaza and supermarket was straight ahead), next light 535 goes left but you go straight, Shoney's is a block or so on the left.

Golden Corral is under construction, yet still open. It has a very dirty feel to it. The food was only so-so with lots of it appearing to be there for a long time staying warm. The dessert area was half stocked with average options.

I have eaten at this Golden Corral before with different results, but this trip turned us off to that location..... at least while they are under the remodel.

Duds

I was a server for Shoney's in school.. around 15 years prior.. they are no longer in the territory, however in the event that it gets it.. we used to go to Village Inn for breakfast after work!

I was a server for Shoney's in school.. around 15 years prior.. they are no longer in the territory, however in the event that it gets it.. we used to go to Village Inn for breakfast after work!
I'm curious what search you ran (what information you were looking for) to prompt you to bump a 9 year old thread.

a new 'member' ATTACKED on his first post ..... "you dumb ****"

would YOU come back to this site?

a new 'member' ATTACKED on his first post ..... "you dumb ****"

would YOU come back to this site?
I've been attacked!

I mean really? I asked a freakin' question. What was he/she trying to find out? If asking that question is an "attack", then your post is just as much of an attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts